List Validation

I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one
workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook
saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a
form that I have saved in another workbook.
0
Renee1 (54)
6/7/2006 5:14:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

note that the other workbook needs to be open

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one
> workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook
> saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up
> in a
> form that I have saved in another workbook.

0
Peo
6/7/2006 5:32:02 PM
I went to the site you have below and followed the instructions but when I
click OK in the data validation window I get a message that reads: The Source
currently evaluates to an error. Do you wish to continue?
What does this message mean? If I click 'yes' then my dop down list doesn't
work.

Renee