Linking Multiple Charts

I'm trying to link a chart, or a page, from one excel spreadsheet to
chart or page on another excel spreadsheet.
I have multiple excel spreadsheets with many charts inside.  Many o
the same charts are in more than one spreadsheet.   For example, if
want to update the CPI chart I would like to be able to update it i
one of the spread sheets and have all the CPI charts automaticall
updated in the other spreadsheets, since they are identical charts

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Does anyone know if this is even possible

you can have the same chart in two workbooks linked to the same set o
data - one way would be to copy an existing chart into the ne
workbook

Reminder program linked to Excel?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a program that will link to excel that would prompt me to phone a client based on a cell with a specfic date? Thanks, Mike --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could do this with conditional formatting or a macro that put up a msgbox or etc. You could even have a dialer macro that dials the number directly from excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "memac19 >" <<memac19.1cnc84@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:memac19.1cnc84@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I was wonde...

Stacked chart #4
Hi. I'm hoping this can be done in Excel and that the fabulous discussion group can show me how... I need a "thermometer" type chart and think a Stacked chart might work. Basically, I need to set a goal and show how I'm meeting it. I'm trying to meet an ultimate goal of 57, so 60 could be the max. I've already completed 28. Each week I set a weekly goal, say for this week, a goal of 3 but only complete 2. I'd like the stacked chart to show 28 in one color, a line 3 above that and have only 2 of the 3 colored in. Next week, the goal may be 6 with 7 complet...

2010 Beta: New "Linked Note" Feature Not Working
I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to remedy it? I am using the 2010 OneNote file format (which is required to use the new feature). David [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ djprius wrote: > [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ Unnecessary and only disturbing. Rainald On Dec 1...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Is it possible to overlay one chart on top of another
I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? thanks, Curtis Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. -- David Biddulph "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BF8770-5678-4742-8CDC-B951C8A1E52E@microsoft.com... >I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? > > thanks, > > Curtis Any more details?? thanks, cd "David Biddulph" wrote: > Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. > -- > David Biddulph &g...

lower and upper chart
How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the Bloomberg Charts. Upper chart with date, open, high, low and close. Lower chart with other indicator. Thanks Probably easiest to create 2 charts and align and format them to look like one. See Stacked Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/stacked_charts/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach "pb" wrote: > How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the > Bloomberg Chart...

Adding Data Information to a Chart
I have a stacked bar chart, with the stacks representing total hours o various groupings of personal. I would like to add data to the chart, but here is the problem. It i easy to add the data value, category name, and/or series name to th chart using the Format Data Series options. However, I need to add dat from another area on the data sheet, which are the numbers representin how many persons are currently in each grouping. Data example: HOURS NUMBERS Group A Group B Group C Group A Group B Group C Nov 1 1000 750 ...

Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet
I am attempting to analyze financial data that is only available in a poorly organized text file. Currently we have developed a macro that imports the file to excel, then breaks out the information by individual componants on separate sheets. I have two actions to perform to make this a readable report: 1) The reference data on each sheet is in cells A1:B3 (Col A has the lable, Col B has the data). I'd like to populate this next to every line item on the sheet. 2)I'd like to consolidate all this info onto a summary sheet for reporting purposes (or to make a pivot table, etc). These ...

unresolved external symbol
I'm trying to link my app with one other dll (using .lib). The problem is that one func is exported as __someFunc() and all other funcs are exported as otherFuncs() (without __ in a front of name). This is probably a bug, but I have to find some solution. In the include file somelib.h all funcs are declared without __ in a front of its names. What should I use to make compiler happy? I've tried this: int x = someFunc(5); int x = __someFunc(5); but nothing works. :( You did not provide enough information to give you valid solution. Are you linking implicitly or expl...

How to link an Excel file due date to Outlook calendar date?
I have a chart that displays two important due dates. I'd like to link them to Outlook calendar. ...

Stacked Colums Chart
I have 2 graphs which are stacked colums charts. They represent million of policies per month. The x-axis and y-axis are the same on both graphs. I want to know if I can have instead of 2 graphs just one graph wit both combines. So for month 1 you would have 2 colums side by sid instead of 1. I attached a sheet with the graphs to make it easier. THANKS, appreciate it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com here is the attached fil Attachment filename: chart.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58508 -- Messag...

how do I make multiple pie charts at the same time?
I have multiple lines of data and I want to make multiple pie charts (over 50) at the same time by simply going down the row and creating a pie chart with each row. I can't figure out a macro on how to do it, and simply copying and pasting and then deleting a series resets all of my formatting preferences! A long time ago (nearly 5 years!) I posted this macro that makes a pie for each row in the data range. The data is in A:E, with the category labels in A1:E1 and the values in each row below that. The charts are overlapped ot the right of the data. Sub LotsaPies() ' Macro ...

Help with Multiple Worksheet Setup
I have created a new workbook with 2 worksheets in Excel 2002. There is some text on both worksheets. Now I select both tabs, Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. I want to setup all worksheets to print 2 copies. With both tabs selected I go to Page Setup | Sheet | Options | Advanced | and change Copy Count to 2, non collated. Now when I go to File | Print I would expect to see 2 copies for both pages. For some reason it is not working. I see 2 copies for the last worksheet that I selected but only 1 copy for the other worksheet. Is this not the correct procedure or is there a problem with my Excel? ...

Excel 2003 chart sheet disappears in Excel 2007
An Excel 2003 file has spreed sheets and chart sheets visible when opened with Excel 2003, but some of the chart sheets are not present when the file is opened in my Excel 2007 -- however, some are present! I sent the file to someone else who has Excel 2007 and he is able to see all of the chart sheets on his Excel 2007. What settings should I be tweaking to see all of the chart sheets? ...

Cant link Contacts to outgoing email
please help. I recently loaded Office XP on my Window XP OS. My palm address book is now in synch with MS Office contacts. I also have my school email linked to MS office. However, when I try to send an outgoing email and click on "TO" I can only seem to access my school's email contacts. I can not access any of my entries that I have in my Outlook contacts (which I had dowloaded from palm). Please help. If you created a new contact subfolder under Contacts in Outlook for your imports, you have to tell it to be available as an address book. In the "Folder Li...

internet link not working
i use outlook send the link to my co-worker for ex: \\servername\folder1\sale account my co-worker can open the link without sale account (note that there is space between sale account)once i add the sale account (sale account is folder)my co-worker cannot open the link. please advice ...

Receiving email at multiple locations
I have Outlook 2003 configured with a POP server and receive email there without incident. I also have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch, both configured to receive email from the same account. Despite the fact that Outlook is instructed to leave mail on the server (via the Advanced tab in More Options), when Outlook is open, my two mobile devices do not receive email, except in the lucky circumstance of them happening to check for mail before Outlook does. Why is this happening? How can I get all three locations to get along? Is the only solution to configure Outlook as an IMAP server? I...

Need help using objects and charts together
I have a line chart that tracks data for a 12 month period. So as not to mess up the chart, I added a drawn line and text box for information covering only the two most recent months. When I click in the sheet anywhere off the chart, you can see the line, but when I click on the chart anywhere the drawn objects disappear. I am copying the charts to a powerpoint presentation and the drawn objects also don't transfer to that. I have tried selecting the items and telling it to move forward or to the front, I have also tried telling the chart to move to the back. Neither of these o...

Multiple value field displaying number instead of what is in the table
I have two columns on my report. One column named Loss Category that is bound by the field Loss Category on my table and is set up as a combo box that allows multiple values to be selected on the form. For example, a user may select fraud or personal injury OR fraud and personal injury. The second column on my report is named Risk Information that has the following expression: RiskInfo: "Loss Date: " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Loss Date] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Insurance Defense:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &a...

Chart Type to use? (XY Scatter points over time)
I have not used charts very often and am not sure how to capture the data mentioned below properly within a chart/graph. Currently I have a graph (XY scatter point), which plots 2 percentages (ability to plan vs ability to deliver) against each other. So the data points are plotted for about 17 series (E1, E2, etc for simplicity) which places them in the graph in the 4 possible quadrants in the graph. This is performed monthly. This works fine. The new requirement is to show trending of these intersected dots. So they want to see the trend of where these intersection points occur over ti...

Timeline chart in Access
Hi- Most people who want timelines use Microsoft Project. However, some people here find it difficult to use Project and they also don't think the timelines in Project come out looking "pretty". They want to use Access so that they can use the user-friendly forms to update and change data, and so they can manipulate the visual appeal of the report. If I have a listing of rigs and start dates/end dates of when they are online, is it possible to get a timeline graph like I would see in Project? We have switched to 2007, but have old versions of 2003 if needed. There is ...

vertical text across multiple cells
How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from C2: downward across several cells depending on the length of the word. If I try it it wants to enlarge the size of C2: to accommodate the text. Highlight the cells across which the text should span. Then on the menu bar: Format > Cells, click the Alignment tab. Select the 'merge cells' checkbox and, if you want, use the dial to orient the text. "BThrasher" wrote: > How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from > C2: downward across several cells depe...

How to find multiple cells/replace whole cells w/data
I am trying to find a specific set of characters in multiple cells in a column. Once found, I need to replace the data within found cells with a specific text string. I have been able to replace a text string, but not the whole cell. Perform a search and replace, and add an asterisk before and after your "search for" parameter. Replace with your desired cell contents. Search for: *your text here* Replace with: desired cell contents Instead of 'Find', turn on data filters and select Custom... Use the drop-downs to make the condition 'contains' and then ente...

How can I make an Excel time series chart?
My data is like this: PersonID Date TimeIn TimeOut 1 1/1/2008 03:18 05:18 2 1/1/2008 11:19 14:21 3 1/3/2008 09:27 15:29 I would like to make a chart that shows how many people were present for each hour of the day (1 to 24) Thanks MA MA, Arrange a table in the following manner: Time In Time Out 8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 7:15 10:19 1 1 1 0 5:02 9:26 1 1 0 0 8:35 12:00 0 1 1 1 Sums 2 3 2 1 Put time marks (hours) into the head row. Put Excel functions like =If(And(C$4>$A5,C$4<$B5),1,0) by proper c...

Is there a way to offset the y-axis of a chart without having the.
I'm making a xy scatter graph for my boss. She wants me to offset the y-axis to the right a little, but does not want anything to the left of it. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Do you want to make the Plot Area narrower? Select the plot area and drag the little black handles. Or do you want the minimum of the X axis to be larger, a positive number instead of zero? Double click on the X axis, click on the Scale tab, and choose appropriate parameters. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.co...