Linking/connecting nine separate worksheets of a workbook

Is there a way, after formatting nine separate sheets in a work book like
sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc., that I could connect or link these (I hope I
am using the right words), so that if I change say the header on one sheet,
the same change is automatically made on the other sheets, that the page
numbering is automatic, that the column cells (for different vendor names
that are set up say on the first sheet are repeated on the other sheets),
like in a bid tabulation. The only difference would be the actual technical
data filled-in on each sheet, which obviously would be unique for that sheet.

Thank you very much.
0
Aamir (31)
5/8/2005 3:38:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What you are looking to do is "Group" the WSs together.

You can click the tab of the first sheet, hold down <Shift>, and then click
on the tab of the last sheet.  Or, to group random sheets together, click on
the "main" sheet, hold <Ctrl>, and click on the tabs of the individual
sheets.
The tabs are now all White, with the first, main focus sheet also in bold.
In the Title Bar, following the sheet name, you'll see the word "Group".

Now, anything done to the main focus sheet will be duplicated on *all* the
other grouped sheets.

When you've completed making your revisions and/or additions, don't forget
to Ungroup the sheets, or you'll create some real problems when you continue
to duplicate unwanted entries into the other sheets.
You can right click in a tab, and choose "Ungroup Sheets".

--
HTH,

RD

"Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way, after formatting nine separate sheets in a work book like
> sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc., that I could connect or link these (I
hope I
> am using the right words), so that if I change say the header on one
sheet,
> the same change is automatically made on the other sheets, that the page
> numbering is automatic, that the column cells (for different vendor names
> that are set up say on the first sheet are repeated on the other sheets),
> like in a bid tabulation. The only difference would be the actual
technical
> data filled-in on each sheet, which obviously would be unique for that
sheet.

> Thank you very much.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/8/2005 8:43:42 AM
Another option is to put the real headers in a sheet (say sheet1).  Then use
formulas to point at each of the header cells.

Say A1:G2 on sheet1 contain the headers.

Then group (like RagDyer explained) all the other sheets (don't include Sheet1).

Type this in A1:
=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)
and drag across to G1 and then select a1:g1 and drag down to a2:G2.

Format the cells the way you like (bold/colors).

And ungroup the sheets.

If you need to change the headers, you can just change the headers on Sheet1.

===
An alternate suggestion that I like much better.  Put all your data in one
worksheet.  Add a column (new column A) that indicates the vendor name.

Then apply Data|filter|Autofilter to the range.  If you want to see vendor aaaa,
just filter on column A to show/hide what you want.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Ragdyer" wrote:

> What you are looking to do is "Group" the WSs together.
>
> You can click the tab of the first sheet, hold down <Shift>, and then click
> on the tab of the last sheet.  Or, to group random sheets together, click on
> the "main" sheet, hold <Ctrl>, and click on the tabs of the individual
> sheets.
> The tabs are now all White, with the first, main focus sheet also in bold.
> In the Title Bar, following the sheet name, you'll see the word "Group".
>
> Now, anything done to the main focus sheet will be duplicated on *all* the
> other grouped sheets.
>
> When you've completed making your revisions and/or additions, don't forget
> to Ungroup the sheets, or you'll create some real problems when you continue
> to duplicate unwanted entries into the other sheets.
> You can right click in a tab, and choose "Ungroup Sheets".
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way, after formatting nine separate sheets in a work book like
> > sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc., that I could connect or link these (I
> hope I
> > am using the right words), so that if I change say the header on one
> sheet,
> > the same change is automatically made on the other sheets, that the page
> > numbering is automatic, that the column cells (for different vendor names
> > that are set up say on the first sheet are repeated on the other sheets),
> > like in a bid tabulation. The only difference would be the actual
> technical
> > data filled-in on each sheet, which obviously would be unique for that
> sheet.
> >
> > Thank you very much.

0
Aamir (31)

populate a listbox with values from rows in another worksheet
How would I populate a list box with values from rows in anothe worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dovrox, > How would I populate a list box with values from rows in another > worksheet. > Give the range with the values a name (insert, name, define) and use that name as the listsource property. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com You'll have to use a named range. Select the range and press Ctrl+F3 and give it a name like "mylist" (no quotes). Then under Properties of the Listbox use mylist for the ListFillRange. H...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

How do I count items based on multiple criteria from a different worksheet?
I have tried {=SUM(('10-16-2005'!F:F="Brentwood") * ('10-16-2005'!B:B="ACTV"))} (entered with F2, then cntrl/shift /return, but it is not returning what It should. What I would REALLY like to do, is if the first letter of column B (STATUS) starts with a "A", "B" or "N" .AND. Column F (City) = "Brentwood" .AND. Column J (BT) = "DE". All of these are on Worksheet 10-16-05 (or preferrably, what ever the column header is on SHEET1, row1, column()) Thanks! Mc Here is a formula =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIN...

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Vista "ipv4 connectivity limited"
Hi We have two Vista PCs connected wirelessly to a BTHomeHub2. Both have been connecting to the internet fine, until today. My partner now can't get online. Her machine shows ipv4 connectivity limited. (Both our computers also show ipv6 limited, but my ipv4 shows "internet" and of course is connecting fine.) It reports the signal strength is excellent. Another message says "the computer is connected to the BTHomeHub2, but does not have access to the internet." As I've said, we've had no similar problem before, and have not changed any se...

Links won't open internet sites
Links sent to me in email show up as blue and the curser turns into the hand when over it but clicking on the link does nothing, it won't open a site on the internet. What do I have to adjust? Have turned off firewall and problem continues. Help! Thanks... Using Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP Home - Internet Secuity installed but all turned off (other than antivirus) ...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

Sum of a cell in all worksheets?
I usually just use the search here and quickly find what I need, but can't seem to get it work this morning I am trying to get a sum of a certain cell in all the sheets in workbook. For example of what I mean, Sum(all worksheets, d64). Ca someone possibly help me out Thanks Michae Hi Michael, Look up 3D in your Excel Help. Surely you do not want to include the same sheet. if sheet2 is your second sheet tab and "sheet 24" is the last tab. =SUM(sheet2:'sheet 24'!C14) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: htt...

Copying formulas to another worksheet
Can anyone please help me, I am trying to copy a formula =(sump1:p3) from one worksheet into a new worksheet. When I go to paste the formula the only thing that comes up is =SUM(#REF!). Can I even copy and paste a formula from one worksheet into a new worksheet? and if so how? Thanks When you paste a formula it relatively changes the cell references to suit where you have pasted it to. EG. If you pasted =sum(P1:P3) from cell P4 to cell B4 it would change to =sum(B1:B3). However, if you pasted it to cell B2 it could not reasonably change the references. If you are pasting because you...

Rule out "connection pool" trouble...
Friends, Probably my ignorance showing, but we are troubleshooting SQL Servers running on virtualized machines. Three virtual Server 2008 running on one piece of hardware, each running SQL Server, each with little client applications that each communicate with all three SQL Servers. The symptoms seem like "networking issues"; we have very long delays and timeouts if no activity has occurred for a while, but once the three start communicating successfully, all is well. Each little client on each server opens a connection to each of the three servers to do some work...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

entryfield linked to selectionlist
Hallo, I created a form with a selectionlist of all belgian cities. Next to this field I created an entryfield where the zip-codes should appear What I want is this entryfield to show the zipcode when the up and downarrow of the selectionfield is clicked In the "after update" propertie of the selectionlist I wrote: Dim db As Database Dim tb As Recordset Dim f As Form Set db = CurrentDb() Set tb = db.OpenRecordset("postnummers") Set f = Forms![leerkrachten] tb.MoveFirst Do Until tb.EOF If tb!gte = f!gem_lk Then f!PN_lk = tb!PN Exit Do End If tb.MoveNext Loop tb!gte citi...

Merging Workbooks
HELP !!I have two large but seperate workbooks (2000 rows each) that both have two common columns that contains the same misc numbers and text (such as premise number and street name). Other columns contain differenct data, such as name, or community in one workbook and date of hire and salary in the other workbook. I want to blend the two workbooks into one workbook combining the common data and then adding the remaining columns so that I end up with a single row that I could sort by premise number and or street name, but can't find a solution within "help" I'd cr...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

Creating navigation buttons on a worksheet
Hi I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to them from each page. Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel? Many Thanks in advance Ryan Maybe by using a hyperlink: Insert|hyperlink or using the =hyperlink() worksheet function: David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) ryan_...

Error sending Excel worksheet as an attachment
If anyone can give a hand in this that would be awesome. One of our users in this office is unable to send and Excel 2000 worksheet as an attachment when selecting File > send to > Mail Recipient (as Attachment). She can send to Mail Recipient just fine (in the body of the e- mail)... and is she just right clicks the file and sends to recipient it sends fine as an attachment... she only can't send it this one way (as above). She gets the Outlook error: "The action could not be completed" and when she clicks OK to that error she gets the Excel error: "Genera...

Connection Schedule #2
We have all of our store computers setup on connection schedules. One of them is not connecting automatically and we have request a data upload to get the information off the server. Does anyone know why it would not be connecting and how we can fix the problem? There are a lot of reasons that would cause a store connection to fail - Here is where I would start: 1) Is the connection schedule defined in HQ Mgr?: HQ Mgr> Admin> Stores> Locate/Highlight store> Properties> Connection Schedule - is schedule according to your connection map? 2) Make sure stores connections are...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...

Lost Excel connection to BP
Hello: Last week, the IIS server at a client crashed. They were able to get the server back up and Business Portal is running fine, now, for all users. One user, however, is reporting that his connection to Business Portal data from Microsoft Excel no longer finds the databases (companies) except for that of a test company called “The Phone Company”. In Excel, he goes to Data…Import External Data, grabs the Microsoft Business Solutions data source, types in the URL, and he finds the root directories to the databases. But, again, the databases that he used to see are not there. I c...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

How do I determine the size of an excel worksheet?
How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole file. Hi not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com... > How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel > 2003 file? The Properties featue o...

Cannot connect Outlook 2003 to Exchange
I have a Windows XP PC, fully patched with Office 2003 connecting to a SBS2003 network. Everything has been working fine until this week. Now Outlook is unable to connect to Exchange, apparently with no cause. I have created new user profiles, uninstalled and re-installed office into a clean folder, removed the PC from the domain and re-instated it, stopped and restarted all the Exchange services all to no avail. I have also removed all the outlook profiles and created new ones. The only anomaly I have is that when I create a new Outlook profile and specify the server (which i did by IP) and t...