Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000

I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000

D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173

works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command
in cell formatting does not.

My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space,
say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from
Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block
of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by
default appear to be able to deal with one.

Any ideas ?   I obviously need a different syntax or command line argument
than that required for opening a folder directly in Outlook.

Thanks in advance !

---

nbrooks (2)
8/8/2003 2:15:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Kindly disregard ... Greg Mansius (MSFT) in Outlook.general solved the
problem for me.

"Norman Brooks" <nbrooks@accesscable.net> wrote in message
> I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000
>
> D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173
>
> works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command
> in cell formatting does not.
>
> My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking
space,
> say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from
> Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a
block
> of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by
> default appear to be able to deal with one.
>
> Any ideas ?   I obviously need a different syntax or command line argument
> than that required for opening a folder directly in Outlook.
>
> Thanks in advance !
>

> ---

---

nbrooks (2)

Check current cell is empty
Hi, I'm getting stuck... If I enter some new data in Sheet2, column A, then this cell will be copied to last cell of sheet 1 columnA automatically. This task can be done now IF the data is overwriting some existing data, no need to copy. my logic is if the active cell is empty, and the target column is 1, then do the copy and paste. else, do nothing The question is: how can I check the current cell is empty? Thank you in Advance Bobocat Sub tester() If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then MsgBox "Activecell Is Empty" Else MsgBox "Activecell Is Not Empty&quo...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

How do I use traffic lights in excel