linked sheets for compilation database

I've managed to create a schedule for my construction projects with the
whole gantt chart and it has worked out great, I used a tutorial I
found on the web.

Only now my boss wants to see a gantt chart that compiles all the jobs
into one chart so we can see scheduling confilict or whatever.

So I'm wondering if this is easily accomplished:

Can I create single job schedules say three projects:

-Smith Project
-Jones Project
-Frank Project

Then import them into the compilation schedule so I will have
(for example)

Design:
Smith 6/15-6/30
Jones 6/20-6/29
Frank 6/12-6/25

ConDocs:
Smith 7/1-8/1
Jones 8/1-9/1
Frank 9/1-10/1

And then on and on and on.

The problem I think I'm having is each project category would almost
have to be a sort of heading so that if I have one job or fifteen jobs
they are all relative?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.

|Filename: Gantt.zip                                                |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4976     |

trevorwatson
trevorwatson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35982
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558238

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

blocking blank cells until other cells are compiled
Hello everyone. I'm working on several columns. Each column corresponds to a certai date. I would like the fields under the date cell to be "available only if the date cell is filled. How do I do this? Say in cell "A1" I have today's date and in "B1" tomorrow's (and s on). In cell "A2" I want to put the number of dollars I have spen during lunch and in cell "B2" I will want to do the same, but onl tomorrow of course. I would like to "compile" the whole month in terms of columns but would like NOT to be able to write in the...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

Can't send a link from IE 6
Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. Something really simple I'll bet, but I have looked thru the help files and have not hit on it yet. Thanks for any guidance ... John Patch <fred@hotmail.com> wrote: > Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a > page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. How do you know you can't send it? -- Brian Tillman Usually when the you try and send a link, a Outlook form comes up over the IE screen jus...

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Copy & pasted links won't highlight/activate
Using Outlook 2003. While copying & pasting links into an e-mail, the links won't highlight/activate like they used to. As before, all I had to do was hit the Enter key while the cursor was at the end of the link and it would activate. Now it now longer works. Is there a fix for this? I recently set my IE6 pop-up blocker to the "high" setting but I'm assuming that this would not affect Outlook (?) What format is your message being composed with? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question...

Copy column from one sheet to another
I'm keeping grades in multiple worksheets in the same workbook. I'd like to copy the column showing the total of the weekly grades (using the SUM formula) on worksheet 2 to the column on worksheet 1 for that assignment (worksheet 1 reflects all the assignments which is why I just need the sum). When I simply do a copy and paste, I get #REF in the 'weekly' column and in the 'total' and 'grade' columns (total is the total of all assignments, grade is a series of if, then statements so I end up with A, B, C etc). How do I do this to just get the number and...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

VBA Code to Open File1; Open File2 copy sheets to File1
Using XL 2003 & 97 Need help with the following VBA code: Sub Macro1() Dim myNewWorkbook As String myNewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks.Open Filename:="OldWorkbookFile.xls" Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Activate Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Copy _ Before:=Workbooks(myNewWorkbook).Sheets(2) Windows("OldWorkbookFile.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Close Windows(myNewWorkbook).Activate ' ........ End Sub My goal is to have myNewWorkbook active then:...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

Link to external workbook
I want to change a formula linking to a cell in a workbook on another server so that the server name is used rather than the drive mapping. I have tried the following but I keep getting 'File Not Found': '\\Server Name:\Drive Name\...... (instead of 'G:\..... Please advise. -- R Ormerod \\Server Name:\Drive Name\ Doesn't look like a valid format... I think I'd use windows start button|run type in \\servername and point and click down the paths to find the correct workbook. If you turn "View|toolbars|address bar", then you may be able to see the path...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Transposing Links
I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and paste) the linked info across the row (from the column) in my new file. Is this possible Thanks for your help. I don't think you can do a drag. What you can do is copy the column and do a paste special->transpose. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and p...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Tracing Links #2
Frank, That tells me what file I am linking to, but what I want to identify i which cell in my current worksheet is linked to these externa worksheets, as I cannot find a reference to the external documen anywhere in my current workbook. The reason I ask is that I am trying to avoid the "Do you wish t update links" message when opening my file. Regards, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

Link for downloading online statements not visible Mon 2k3
On my financial institution's(TCF Bank) website, there are instructions for downloading online statements that refer to a link on the BALANCES page for MS Money. The problem is that the link apparently doesn't show up in my version (MS Money 2003 ver. 11). I spent some time on the phone with TCF's customer support and frustratingly tried to argue that there was no link to click on to download my statement both in Money and in Internet Explorer. Therefore I thought it was a problem with their website. However, they say that they recently updated their system to automat...

Determine when Enter Key is pressed in a sheet??
I want to determine when Enter key is pressed in a sheet that is active?? I would like then to run a macro when the Enter key is pressed ?? The Enter Key is not a capturable event. Worksheet change is This added to the individual worksheet in VBA will trigger when ever the sheet is changed. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range) 'Do Stuff End Sub If you are going to make changes to the sheet using this event is is usually a good idea to turn off events at the start and then turn them back on at the end. Otherwise the changes trigger this macro again....

The opertion failed. An object could not be found
Hello, Outlook 2003, XPSP2 When I click on an email link (on a web page for example) I get the above mentioned error message and nothing happens. Could this have happened after importing saved settings from the same machine (after a reformat/reinstall)? After doing this, I had an error where outlook was looking for Outlookmail.FQDN.com-00000012.pst (could not be found). I don't use PST files, but rather an connected to Exchange - even though I have 2 POP3 accounts configured in Outlook. This happens on 2 machines on which I have imported settings. No other user on these machin...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Open excel sheet twice at same time?
Hi, Probably a question asked all the time, but I often have trouble opening a file after making a desktop shortcut to an excel file. When opening, it gives an error message about opening a file with the same name at the same time (even though I'm not). The error message continues by saying that it doesn't matter if the files are in different folders and suggests renaming one of the files. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert No reason I can think of that would cause Excel to load the file twice irrespective of launching it from a shortcut. Couple of things to check: - The file isn'...