Length cell limited ?

It is needed to insert in a combined cell a chain of but of 1500 characters
however happens the following thing:

although the information is complete in the cell, the chain is visualized
partially since in form alone the first 1170 characters appear.

It has been to modify the format of the cells but the complete information
doesn't appear.

Any help will be welcome

Mario

0
mreiley (3)
5/18/2005 6:31:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Why do you need so much information in a single cell?

Is it because it's a formula?  The way I have found around this problem is
to break the formula down into 2 cells resulting in a 1 or 0 and have a
third cell analysing the output of those 2 cells to give the final answer.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Mario Reiley" <mreiley@cantv.net> wrote in message
> It is needed to insert in a combined cell a chain of but of 1500
> characters
> however happens the following thing:
>
> although the information is complete in the cell, the chain is visualized
> partially since in form alone the first 1170 characters appear.
>
> It has been to modify the format of the cells but the complete information
> doesn't appear.
>
> Any help will be welcome
>
> Mario

0
Bill
5/18/2005 6:58:50 PM
Mario

From Excel Help on "specifications" you will learn that you can enter 32767
characters in a cell but only 1024 of them will be visible or can be printed.

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots.

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known.  Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

.........End Dave P.................

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:31:13 -0400, "Mario Reiley" <mreiley@cantv.net> wrote:

>It is needed to insert in a combined cell a chain of but of 1500 characters
>however happens the following thing:
>
>although the information is complete in the cell, the chain is visualized
>partially since in form alone the first 1170 characters appear.
>
>It has been to modify the format of the cells but the complete information
>doesn't appear.
>
>Any help will be welcome
>
>Mario

0