labels assoc. w/specific data point

I would like to carry a label with a specific data point on a lin
graph.

I keep track of my blood pressure on a spreadsheet.  I use a lin
chart.  I keep notes next to the data column of things that affect i
such as starting/stopping a medication or stressful circumstances an
show it to my doctor.  It would help if I could show those note
somehow on the graph.

I know I can insert a text label on the chart much like a title.  Bu
that doesn't work very well because when I add more data on the sam
page, the graph shifts so the label isn't associated with the same dat
point anymore.  I have about 4 years worth of daily data for this.
Currently I handwrite the notes on the graph which is tedious and no
very accurate.

Idea to solve this:  (1)  Is there a way to put have a label that ca
be carried next to the data point on the line?  (2) Is there a way t
put in a second label on the x-axis along with the date?   (3) Can
create a 2nd x-axis that runs on the top of the graph with differen
labels?  (4) Is there a way to plot a column with text in it?

I have excel 97.  The x-axis is set as column A (date) and data point
in columns B & C.  The data is a single number in mmHg for bloo
pressure.  Col D is a notes column that isn't in the graph.  I hav
created 4 charts, each covering different lengths of time, whole 4 yrs
whole 4 yrs broken into two pages, last 6 months, last 3 months.

Thanks for your help!  :-)

coolchinchill

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add the labels. It's a free
add-in that you can download from his web site:

             http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

coolchinchilla < wrote:
> I would like to carry a label with a specific data point on a line
> graph.
>
> I keep track of my blood pressure on a spreadsheet.  I use a line
> chart.  I keep notes next to the data column of things that affect it
> such as starting/stopping a medication or stressful circumstances and
> show it to my doctor.  It would help if I could show those notes
> somehow on the graph.
>
> I know I can insert a text label on the chart much like a title.  But
> that doesn't work very well because when I add more data on the same
> page, the graph shifts so the label isn't associated with the same data
> point anymore.  I have about 4 years worth of daily data for this.
> Currently I handwrite the notes on the graph which is tedious and not
> very accurate.
>
> Idea to solve this:  (1)  Is there a way to put have a label that can
> be carried next to the data point on the line?  (2) Is there a way to
> put in a second label on the x-axis along with the date?   (3) Can I
> create a 2nd x-axis that runs on the top of the graph with different
> labels?  (4) Is there a way to plot a column with text in it?
>
> I have excel 97.  The x-axis is set as column A (date) and data points
> in columns B & C.  The data is a single number in mmHg for blood
> pressure.  Col D is a notes column that isn't in the graph.  I have
> created 4 charts, each covering different lengths of time, whole 4 yrs,
> whole 4 yrs broken into two pages, last 6 months, last 3 months.
>
> Thanks for your help!  :-)
>
> coolchinchilla
>

> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

HOW TO GET DATA FORM FORMS FIELDS
Hi! How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. So far i only know how to find the right form (appAccess.CurrentProject.AllForms(x)) but i cant get information from its fields. -- .... but the beer is still good! On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:09:04 -0700, Antinsh <Antinsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the >controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. >So far i only know how to find...

data range referrences
Hi, I have a chart which relies on the data in a table with 29 rows. Occaisionally, I want to only use 28 rows as my data set for the chart. I can manually enter a named range into the dialog, and upon entry, it automatically ,morphs it into the string that describes the data range (worksheetname, data set). When I manually type in the other named range, it flips to the shorter named range in the table. How can I inject that into the chart's data dialog on the fly? I have tried to reference cell locations that have the named range name in them. No worky. I know it is pos...

Sum of data with two criteria
Hi there, i have a (simple!?) problem with the following.. In my sheet, i have 3 columns: column A, containing a order-number column B, containing a quota column C, containing a week-number Now what needs to bee counted, is the SUM of the quota (column B) occurences from a specific order, AND a specific week! Problem is, the rows can contain multiple occurences of an ordernumber... I'm feeling quitte stupid, can anyone help me please? :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=order_number)*(C1:C1000=week_number),(B1:B1000)) Fr...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

Problem displaying data in a Editbox
Hello. I am trying to display serial data in Edit box. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx. In the serial handler, I use the SetwindowText to display the string but instead I get an occasional first character being displayed in the edit box instead of the full string. I have set the edit box properties with multiline, auto vertical scroll, want return, read only. I have also debug the code and place the string in the watch window and it seem to receive the full character on-screen. Any help please. Thanks Paul <eziggurat@gmail.com...

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

EXCEL tabular data extract
Hi all! Hi have a excel file with the next kind of data: T�TULO MINORISTA NOMBRE XXXXXXXXX CENT./SUC. RRRRRRRR DIRECCI�N TTTTTTTT LOCALIDAD VVVVVVVVVVV PROVINCIA SSSSSSSSSSS C.P. 11111 TEL�FONO 4323543543654364 FAX 435435454543543543 T�TULO MINORISTA NOMBRE XXXXXXXXX CENT./SUC. RRRRRRRR DIRECCI�N TTTTTTTT LOCALIDAD VVVVVVVVVVV PROVINCIA SSSSSSSSSSS C.P. 11111 TEL�FONO 4323543543654364 FAX 435435454543543543 I want to extract all the faxes from that table, bu the problem is that all...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Copying data but keeping original
Hi There! I have two spreadsheets with several rows of data on each of them, they both have header rows, with the same heading names. I want to copy the data from spreadsheet 1 ( without the header row) to the spreadsheet 2 but keeping spreadsheet 2 original data ( i.e NOT REPLACE ) i just want the data on spreadsheet 1 to be pasted on after the last line of data on spreadsheet 2; as i need to keep the existing data in spreadsheet 2. Any ideas on how I can do this with a macro or VB code? Help appreciated thanks! See Ron de Bruin's site for various copying macros. http://www.rondebrui...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

Edit specific range in protected worksheet
Dear Sir/Mam, I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. I protected a sheet but some menu does not work when it is protectd. e.g. i want to go edit > fill > series. How it can be possible. Thanks in advance Rao Ratan Singh If it's protected, you simply can't. You'd have to unprotect it first. Or write a VBA procedure to unprotect, do the fill series, reprotect. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF6C347C-1BEE-40D3-ADE1-E617A7033F0D@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir/Mam, > I have a w...

Outlook Journal Exporting Data
Hi All, Please help if you can. I recently set up a journal with various entries. I can export my data into an excel file. However, I can see journals from others that have chosen to share the journal with me and would like to export their data into excell as well. The brute force method is to copy their journals into a folder. But I was hoping there would be a more elegant solution where I can dump all journals at once to an excel file. This may be adumb question, hopefully it is and there is an easy way to do it??? Anyone know? Thanks in advance, BlackBear ...

Data extraction #2
Hello, I have a data base as below giving datewise requirement of parts Part 01.07.06 02.07.06 03.07.06 A 50 50 B 70 10 D 50 70 E 5 F 10 5 I would like to have the data in the following format Date Part Requirement 01.07.06 A 50 02.07.06 B 70 02.07.06 D 50 02.07.06 E 5 02.07.06 F 10 How do I do it using formulas? Regards, Jimmy Joseph Jimmy Joseph wrote: > Hello, > > I have a data base as below giving datewise requirement of parts > > Part 01.07.06 02.07.06 03.07.06 > > A 50 ...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Multiple columns of data saved in a CSV file appears in a single c
Summary: The problem is that when I export data from an application to a CSV file and open it, it is appearing differently on the different PCs which are having the same versions of Excel (Microsoft Excel 2000 9.0.7924 SP-3). Issue Description: On one PC, when the saved .csv file is opened, the data in it is spreading a record record containing some 4 fields across 4 different cells/columns. This is fine and is what is required for me. While on the other PC, when the saved .csv file is opened, the entire record is inserted into a SINGLE CELL/COLUMN containing those 4 values separated by...

Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing
Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line? -- Brenda First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland) click Yes. 2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your tex...

MSPOS: Unable to print the Serial Number on a Price Label
Feature in RMS but not in MSPOS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa08fa3a-4508-4511-9cb0-ced7bfa77393&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Retaining Data Point Colors while Deleting a previously plotted Column?
I cannot determine how to keep the data point color associated with a particular cell in a series from moving. The problem has only occured as I began going past 12 months of data, under a 12 month rolling data format. This is the first month that we have more than 12 months, so I delete the Sept 02 column and add a Sept 03 column. For some reason, Excel shifts all the previously defined data point colors to the right by one data point (actually, the data point values seem to move to the left one position (desired), while the colors stay in place (undesired). If I could use absolute referen...

Creating data in one from from another
I have a DB that has two seperate data forms i want to be able to open one form from the other and insert some detaisl from the first form into it. eg. Form one has asset field there is a button to open second form i want it to link with the form record and input the asset number. -- Thanks for you help One way of doing this is by 'pushing' the value like this: DoCmd.OpenForm "Firstformname", acNormal Forms!Secondformname.Fieldname = Forms!firstformname.Form.fieldname Replace the firstformname with your mainform and the fieldname you want to push (e.g. assetnumber...

Finding a row with the heigest/lowest value under specific conditions.
Hello, Goal: Find the row with the highest of lowest value (can be with extra conditions). Example 1 find the row with the highest value. Example 2 find the row with the highest value not exceeding 3.5. What is the most elegant (???) way to do this ? The examples are simple enough, but if they become part of a larger query, the solutions become less elegant. (In example 2 the condition is repeated which I consider less elegant. In the second solution for example 2, the with is used this only works in recent versions of SQL-server and not in other SQL implementations) S...