Labeling 1st through 11th place

I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to
look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...  How
would I go about doing that?  I can get it to find the largest or
smallest number in the set but no the other ones.  I want it to update
as the numbers change as they will each week.

Help.....

Thank you in advance,

Paul

0
psilzle (9)
1/11/2007 2:32:55 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=LARGE(A1:A100,1)
=LARGE(A1:A100,2)

etc.

will get them all

or a copy-able formula

=LARGE(A1:A1,ROW(A1))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"psilzle" <psilzle@bbei.com> wrote in message
>I have an excel file that has 11 place standings and I want a column to
> look at another column and label who has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...  How
> would I go about doing that?  I can get it to find the largest or
> smallest number in the set but no the other ones.  I want it to update
> as the numbers change as they will each week.
>
> Help.....
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Paul

0
bob.NGs (282)

convert formulas to values in place
I know how to convert formulas to values by copying to another sheet with Paste Special. Is there a way to change the formulas to values in place, without having to copy the data to another sheet? I have a data table created by pointing to cells in different parts of the workbook. I am trying to create a "static" table that does not get updated with changes in the source data (why? you may ask, but that is a long story) Hi! Yes. Copy the data. Keep the same selected cells (i.e. don't click any other cell). Choose Paste Special: select Values: OK. Obviously, the formul...

Label Numbering
I want to consecutively number labels on laser label sheets. The labels are 4 across and 20 down on an 8- 1/2x11 sheet. The numbering will continue on subsequent sheets. Is Excel the best bet to do this? How? Is a different Office product more appropriate? Also - is there a way to set up numbering so I can number the first 8 (or two rows) number XXXXX, the next 8 (or two rows) number XXXXX+1, etc on to Number XXXXX+300? Use Word instead.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Timm" ...

Change Horizontal Axis Labels
Hi Folks, How do you change the horizontal axis labels (e.g., change the years used). It use to be so easy with XP. Thank you in advance ...

Quantity Received does not appear on Label
Is there any way or any add-ons that enables showing quantity on the label? It would be great help for us to track how many are sold instantly at the shelf. -- Many Thanks ...

Is there any way to make labels from an excel spreadsheet?
I've copied and pasted about 5000 names and addresses to an excel spreadsheet and need to make labels of each of these and don't know what to do next. I don't even know how to get into mail merger??? HELP hiiiiiiii Move Cell pointer to the very first Rown and then insert a row from insert menu and then u can add lebels hope it may work out? "catchnbait" wrote: > I've copied and pasted about 5000 names and addresses to an excel spreadsheet > and need to make labels of each of these and don't know what to do next. I > don't even know how to get...

How to convert mailing label into .xls
I received lots of mailing lists that are saved as a Word .doc, and are formatted as mailing labels. But I need them in either a .csv or .xls format. The problem is that when attempting to save the .doc it maintains the address information in a block and doesn't it place all the address information in one line and then all the information for the next on it's own line. I know that there is a simple way to go from a spreadsheet into a mailing label .doc, but what about the opposite? I've tried using macros, but the line count isn't always the same for each address. A...

Label positions
On an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which is much wider than any screen it is inconvenient if cell labels do not stick in the position they are left. I am finding that when I reopen the spreadsheet the labels may have moved horizontally to the left hand side of the spreadsheet (not the LH side of the screen but go to the screen which starts column A. It is tedious to manually move these back to near each relative cell especially when seemingly at random they return to the LH screen. Can this be fixed? Beemer Does this article address what you are saying? http://support.microsoft.com/...

Use cell_ref in place of an item in get pivot data function
I want to use the getpivotdata function to get data based on a cell reference in excel 2007. My pivot table is from an analysis cube. The getpivotdata function that is auto generated from clicking on the data I want is =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Order Quantity]",$B$5,"[Order Date Dim].[Year Number]","[Order Date Dim].[Year Number].&[2010]","[Order Date Dim].[Week Number Of Year]","[Order Date Dim].[Week Number Of Year].&[17]","[Product].[SKU]","[Product].[SKU].&[2]") I want to change the SKU th...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://freeexamking.com/vendor.asp?v=7 and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

xy-scatter-labels disappear when x-axis is changed into time-axis (XL07)
Dear group, who knows a workaround for the effect that labels of xy-scatter series disappear when the x-axis is changed into time-axis? I already know workarounds without using time-axis. My Excel is 2007 SP1. Thanks in advance, Holger. I cannot reproduce this error. Could you describe in more detail what you started with and what you changed to. Are you using Office 2007 SP1? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Holger Gerths" <holger@gerths.de> wrote in mess...

RMS should allow 3 or more decimal places on the receipt.
Although 3 decimal places can be entered for an item with type "gasoline", the receipt only prints 2 decimal places on the receipt. My client sells bricks, purchased in thousands but sells them individually. To be competitive, the pricing is in 3 decimal places. Although the extended price is correct, the unit price only shows the rounded two decimal, prompting questions from his clients if they are getting the right price. Considering gasoline is always priced out at 3 decimal places, the receipt should show the correct unit price (especially at the $2.000+ prices these ...

move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side
I have a standard column chart, and want to move the y-axis labels from the left side of the chart to the right side of the chart, but cannot change type of chart. this is Excel 2000. Is this possible to do? Hi, I have some instructions here, http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip006.htm Cheers Andy Kaye wrote: > I have a standard column chart, and want to move the y-axis labels from the > left side of the chart to the right side of the chart, but cannot change type > of chart. this is Excel 2000. Is this possible to do? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypop...

Sorting Events By Label
I recently learned that Outlook 2003 has color-coded labels. I love that feature! But what would make me a totally happy camper would be the ability to actually SORT by the label assigned to each item. I primarily use All Day Events that appear at the top of the Calendar, and use those instead of Tasks (since I never look at the Task List). I would love to be able to sort my Events by the label assigned to them. Any way to do that (apart from placing a sorting letter at the beginning of each). Thanks! Neil Outlook 2003 labels are not sortable (is that a real word?) However, = Outl...

Age in X-axis Labels as "YY;MM" ??
Hi All, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get excel to chart some data of in the format of year;month to represent an age. This is a common convention in the humanities, but I can't make excel do it. Bascially, I want to plot data like this on an X-Y scatter plot 1;8 40 1;9 50 1;10 40 1;11 33 1;12 44 2;00 21 2;12 64 Thanks for any help you could give! I'm not following what you want for your X coordinates. Is 1;8 the same as August 2001? If so, EXCEL doesn't know that. You'll need to enter the month/year in a format that EXCEL knows before you can g...

How do I create a label macro for "bates numbering" documents
Work at a law office and we are looking for a way to create a label macro that will allow us to identify and number legal documents for attaching to discovery documents. In the "old" days a Bates stamping device was used but we know of a form that was created in WordPerfect so I am hoping one can be created in Word. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. mascottex wrote: ...

Array of labels??
Hi i am trying to create an array of labels in excel userforms is thi possible in excel vba? i know it is possible in vb. e.g like the user input 5 in an input box i will horizotally create labels on the forms with the number 1 to 5 on each of the labels. thanks alo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com upz --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jaxrpc, Arrays of controls are not supported, although there are ways around it. If you have 5 labels called Label1,Label2...Label5 then you could reference them with syntax like this, For intIndex = 1 to 5 ...

Label printing
I have several label reports formatted to print on 1.5H x 4W inch labels. I am printing to an Intermec pd-41 label printer. The printer is set to 1.5H and 4W. My SQL report has a width of 4 and a height of 1.5, but everytime I print the print defaults to 1.5w and 4h. The only way to get it to print is to change the settings every time. Is there another way to get the settings to "stick" instead of having to change them every time? ...

How to bind a label to a dataset with C#
I have a project class. The method GetRecordCover returns a dataset: public DataTable GetRecordCover(string id) { string str = “SELECT * FROM RecordCover WHERE=’” + “id” + “’”; SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(_connectionString); SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(sql, cn); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); da.Fill(ds, “RecordCover”); // Get data table DataTable dt = ds.Tables[“RecordCover”]; Return ds.Tables[0]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][0]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][1]; //ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][2]; } In the web form's code behind I want: RecordCover...

Data Labels on Filtered Data
I am trying to put Data Labels on a Stock Chart, using a different data source for the chart and the labels (in adjacent columns) I have tried various add-ins and trials (Jwalk chart tools and power pack, XY labeler) I have also searched high and low for an answer but all roads seem to lead here.... The problem is that when I change the data source using the filters the data source changes ok but the data labels go skew-wiff. is there a solution for this? or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dave Excel 2003 Hi, This looks like a bug in the c...

Data access / labels / custom app
I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution. I need a quick and dirty custom app that will do the following: 1) Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached 2) Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP possibly?) 3) Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number (or last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store) 4) If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record 5) If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes allowin...

placing people into age groups based on their DOB
I am trying to classify people into age groups in Excel based on their DOB. U8 1-Jan-2003 to 31-Dec-2006 U10 1-Jan-2001 to 31-Dec-2002 U12 1-Jan-1999 to 31-Dec-2000 U14 1-Jan-1997 to 31-Dec-1998 U16 1-Jan-1995 to 31-Dec-1996 U18 1-Jan-1993 to 31-Dec-1994 U20 1-Jan-1991 to 31-Dec-1992 Senior before 31-Dec-1990 Create a table of values, column 1 is the start date, column 2 is the category, in reverse date order (first is 31-Dec-1990, and so on), and just use VLOOKUP with a final parameter of TRUE. -- HTH Bob "JSAUS" <JSAUS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Where to place Word-related items in SharePoint?
I posted this question in a SharePoint group, but I think they don't know anything about Word templates. I didn't get any replies, so I'll try here. I have a client who wishes to create templates in Word 2007. I know how to make these accessible in SharePoint. But where do I put the Document themes folder that is usually placed in the user template path? And if I have a global template, I usually put it in the Start-up folder. Where do I put it in SharePoint? And is it even possible? And what about the Document building blocks folder and the Quickstyles folder. Th...

Mialing label with report
Is it possible to print mailing labels from a report?What are the advantages i have with using report for outputs vs using forms? I have been using only forms so far for all my outputs and wonder if i am actually missing out on reports.thanks for any inputs.Ramesh To give further picture .. I figured out the Label wizard and selected a query with the address fields. No matter what fields and stationery i use, i get an error message first saying the width of the paper is not sufficient but when i continue the labels are there. But just the Name field does not work.The design view shows a dif...

Attached Label
In Access 2007 how do I "unattach" the label from it's field? James see this thread: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/4eda2ed12281586e/4fad8963b075cce7?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=label&rnum=10#4fad8963b075cce7 -- steve. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uNIFcfqCIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In Access 2007 how do I "unattach" the label from it's field? > > James > > I see no [Remove] in the [Control Layout section] of the Arrange tab. "molsonexp...

Printing labels
I have a program that prints labels. We just changed the size of label. When we printed using the old size the printer would ask for 'manual feed'. Since we changed the label size, it no longer does this. Does anyone know what triggers the manual feed as this is what we want and it no longer allows it? Thanks. On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:08:04 -0700, mscertified wrote: > I have a program that prints labels. We just changed the size of label. When > we printed using the old size the printer would ask for 'manual feed'. Since > we changed the label size, it no longer ...