Keep custom format in new worksheet

Hi all,

I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom
format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format
still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is
lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that
I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks.

Buddy

0
tcheung27 (5)
3/14/2005 8:58:11 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See Ron's reply in .misc

--

HTH

RP

"Buddy" <tcheung27@sinaman.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom
> format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom
format
> still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format
is
> lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so
that
> I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks.
>
> Buddy

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Format to print in columns on 1 page
I have Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet with 250 entries all in column with info for each in column B. When printed out, this uses severa pages with just a small portion to the left of the page being printe on. If possible, I would like the columns to automatically wrap acros the page. For example, the 2 columns that print on page 2 and 3 woul automatically print to the right of the columns on page 1. Is thi possible? Thanks in advance for any help. Robi -- craftygramm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- craftygramma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

DateValue Format Question
I am currently importing a text document that has a supplier ship date field in the format yyyy-mm-dd. I have the following vb import code. Option Compare Database Function ImportPIC31022() Dim Path As String Dim File As String Path = "P:\111111Supply Chain\" File = "PIC31022.txt" ReadPIC31022File Path, File End Function Function ReadPIC31022File(FilePath As String, DataFile As String) Dim Inline As String, rst As DAO.Recordset On Error GoTo ErrHandler Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("ASN Updated Data") Open...

How to convert text to number format
I copy a table of numbers from web to Excel. They appear as text and I can't do algebric command on them (For example their "sum" become zero) I know it is possible to change number format to text format but is there any command to convert numbers to texts so I can sum up them? Changing the format from: Format/Cells Number tab and category box doesn't help. Any comment is appreciated TIA Rasoul Rasoul Copy an empty cell. Select your range of data. Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:00:54 +0330, "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar&...

text size keeps changing in IE6
After upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002 the text size in IE6 viewing web pages keeps changing from what I have it set e.i small or smaller back to medium. I had got the latest version of Outlook Express which was #6 before upgrading. I have Windows 98SE and have all the latest updates and patches. I am using Office 97 professional edition if that means anything. The text keeps changing not every time, but almost every time I reopen either IE6 or open favorites in Outlook 2002. This happens on more than one computer as I have 3 computers that this happened to. I purchased 3 so...

adding military time format
adding time hh.mm.ss format. I cannot get a sum - only 0 Excel probably does not recognize your values as true time values - just text strings. Try summing them with: =SUMPRODUCT(--SUBSTITUTE(A1:A10,".",":")) and custom format the formula cell as hh.mm.ss . HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >adding time hh.mm.ss format. I cannot get a sum - only 0 >. > Excel does not recognize hh.mm.ss as time format, hh:mm:ss or use =SUM(--SUBSTITUTE(A1:A50,".",":")) entered with ctrl + shift & enter use custom format [hh]:mm:...

How do I make a custom formula for Excel?
I use excel for my checkbook register and I have a budget that "runs" beside it to keep a monthly track of everything in the same worksheet. I want to write a formula that would take, for instance, my gasoline purchases from the checkbook, then place and continue to add up the monthly gasoline purchases in the budget column. I know very little about formulas. Right now, I manually add up all the rows that say Gas for the month and place them into the budget line. I appreciate your assistance. There are a variety of ways to create cums for budgets, depending on how you hav...

Can I set up a template for essay using the MLA format?
I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one or the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? I'd suggest Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cwshjf" <cwshjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D2A2DC-D994-4B7A-BF9D-0496BAE0CF91@microsoft.com... > I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one > or > the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? As JoAnn stated, Word is more suite...

custom receipt xml file
In my customization, I created new receipt template xml and need to store that to database during installation. Anyone know how to do that? I am using vb.net. I know in RMS, Receipt table contains this information, but the template field is a "ntext" type, what is really stored in those field? What is the code to do that? Any suggestions/helps are appreciated. Leanne ...

publisher format menu missing
I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher 2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she started publisher up today and the menu was gone, she has the toolbar, and I added the menu options she needs but she would like the menu back. Please help! View|Toolbars|Formatting -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <bachelor_bill@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b02d01c436ce$979da370$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher > 2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she > started pu...

Data validation: specifying a text format
I want to limit a cell's input to a set format 9999-999, where a 9 is a digit. Is this possible? Hi! If I understand what you want, try this: Select the cell(s) you want to validate Goto Data>Validation Allow: Custom Formula: =AND(ISNUMBER(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")+0),A1=TEXT(A1,"0000-000")) Biff "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:%23DV$$e$NGHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I want to limit a cell's input to a set format 9999-999, where a 9 is a >digit. Is this possible? > Ooops! Caught a bug. > =AND(...

Prevent formats from copying
Hello. This is probably a really elementary question, but I just cannot work it out. When filling in cells by dragging (in any direction), I want the data to appear but not the fill colours, etc. I've hunted high and low and cannot fathom how to prevent this from happening. This happens in every file, so I'm guessing it's a general option. Help, anyone? :) If you rightclick and drag that autofill button, you'll see some options when you let go. There's an option (at least in xl2003) that shows "fill without formatting". Weirdism wrote: > > Hello....

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

how to export large files in prn format
Have an excel spreadsheet that has a record length of over a 1000+ characters. Export it as a 'prn' extension, but when I look at the prn file I find that it has been broken up into 3 segments. This is not a problem with wordwrap as that is turned off. I have even verified in multiple editors that this file has been segmented out by Excel. Problem is I don't know why it is or how to change Excel it so it will export the entire record intact. When xl creates a .prn file, it's limited to 240 characters. Maybe you could use a macro that writes your data: Earl Kiosteru...

customizing outlook today #3
When I click on Customize Outlook Today.. nothing happens. I have left clicked, right clicked and nothing. I am working with Office 2000 and it does the same thing on all 3 of my computers. I have all of the current updates. Any thoughts? ...

custom recipients from ex 5.5 to ex 2003
Hello, We've got a ex2003 working, migrated mailboxes from old ex5.5. But we also need all the custom recipients that we created over the years as contacts with only a smtp address (ie. first name: john; last name: smith; smtp address: j.smith@hotmail.com etc.....) you get the idea. I've exported a huge csv list from ex 5.5. now how do I import all of these into a OU as a contact without manually inputting these details. Nay ideas?? Have tried csvde without success are there any other tools around??? Cheers! k.wong@rdg.ac.uk (smelly) wrote: >Hello, > >We've got a ex20...

Reminders keep appearing in Outlook 2007 Windows 7 Outlook Connect
Hi all, I'm currently using Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and the problem I keep experiencing is that reminders from my Hotmail account keep appearing every time Outlook synchronizes with Hotmail. I repeatedly dismiss the reminders, yet they reappear until the event passes. I've tried setting the reminder interval on Hotmail to a shorter period of time compared with Outlook's, but this hasn't worked (it was a suggestion posted elsewhere). I don't need to 'clean' the reminders when I open Outlook because I'm not experiencing th...

FRx
Hi, is it possible to use FRx to report on tables/views in the Great Plain database that are not part of the Great Plains application data model? I'd like to leverage the existing reporting structure (security, distribution, etc.) to generate reports on other data housed in a separate sql server instance, which would be made available in the Great Plains sql server instance by a view that references a linked server. Is that possible? Thanks, Andreas No, it's not. FRx only reports on GL tables. You might want to check out alternate reporting tools like Crystal and XL Reporter. ...

Configure new outlook profile automatically for new user?
Exchange and Outlook 2003 and clients are mix of 2000 and XP On the clients we already take advantage of copying a user profile with a preconfigured desktop and shortcuts to the local the Default User profile before sysprepping and deploying a PC. This works great for all apps except Outlook. What would be nice is if the Default Profile contained information to automatically create an Outlook mail profile using the Exchange mail service, a preconfigured exchange server name and take the users login name and use that for the exchange mailbox name. Wouldn't that be nice? Even better...

Install a new Module
I am really new to Great Plains and the company I am now working for wanted to know if I would be able to install a new module (Bank Reconciliation) to their Great Plains system if they purchased it. Do I have to download the module or is it already on the system but needs unlocked? I've tried searching for some answers but can't seem to find any. Is there a manual that provides step by step instructions for installing a new module on an existing installation? -- ToddR Todd, You don't have to do an install for the new module you have (Bank Reconciliation). You should hav...

Moving to new PC Money 2005
Just got a new PC and am looking forwarded to using it with my Money data. Old PC has 2005 and new came pre-installed with 2005. What is the best / easiest way to move my files over and have the new PC start using them? I have them both networked. Any help would be appreciated. Russ 1) Open the sample file on the new machine and have it do Internet updates until Help|About indicates version 14.*.*.1105 or higher. This is ESSENTIAL. 2) Copy/Move the .MNY file(s) to the new machine. My Documents is a very good place for them. 3) Double-click on the file of your choice. "Big Kahuna&qu...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

Custom Address List
I can create a custom address list, but I can't seem to have to filters. My first filter for users is: User Description starts with ASI My second filter for distribution list is: Group Description starts with ASI If I have both filters, no results are found. If I have only one or the other filters, it works. Did I do something wrong? I want both users and DLs to show up on this address list. Can you post the filter (text)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "ngan" <ngan@discussions.microso...

Sent Messages RTF format changed to Plain Text
A user who has Outlook 2000 (SP3 and all security patches) installed is sending out messages formatted as RTF. Outlook (2k, XP & 2003) recipients receive the message formatted as Plain Text, and the formatting options are unavailable in the received message. The message in the sender's Sent Items folder is formatted as RTF. Help! ...

Conditional Formatting
Hi all, I've tried a couple of the other examples for Conditional Formatting with multiple criterias, that have been discussed on here, but I have been unable to get it to work. I have a spreadsheet with 7 different milestones, which tracks milestone dates for 112 projects. Each milestone has a column of forecast date and a column of an actual date. For example: Milestone 1: Forecast dates in C2 to C113. Actual dates in D2 to D113 Milestone 2: Forecast dates in E2 to E113. Actual dates in F2 to F113 etc. If a milestone has not been reached, the cell is blank. What I'd like t...

System size keeps growing......
My Master system (XP/Home/SP3) has been growing and growing and is now nearing 20GB. I get rid of programs that I have no need for periodically, but it occurs to me that Windows Update has favored me with a zillion KB's over the years, downloaded and installed them. I wonder why I still need to store the KB's themselves. Isn't there a way to delete the accumulated KB's that have been incorporated? Such as, why not from Add/Remove Programs? I will always have a backup system that has them if they're needed. And I'm aware that 'support' for XP/SP2 is go...