Joining Two Columns

Hi All;
I have two columns. In one them there are only integer values, in the second
one there are alpha-numeric characters. I want to join them in one column.
How can I do that? Thanks.
(For instance a1=12, b1=try15, c1 must be 12try15
                     a2=34, b2=try35, c2 must be 34try35
                    an
(My columns are too long to join cells one by one)
Regards
--
Kartal

0
kakdogan (6)
5/3/2006 8:36:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In C1, enter:
=A1&B1
then copy down

HTH
--
AP

"Kartal" <kakdogan@suyapi.com.tr> a �crit dans le message de news:
ufsY0yobGHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi All;
> I have two columns. In one them there are only integer values, in the
> second one there are alpha-numeric characters. I want to join them in one
> column. How can I do that? Thanks.
> (For instance a1=12, b1=try15, c1 must be 12try15
>                     a2=34, b2=try35, c2 must be 34try35
>                    an
> (My columns are too long to join cells one by one)
> Regards
> --
> Kartal

0
ardus.petus (319)
5/3/2006 8:35:31 AM
In C1, enter this formula:

=A1&B1

then copy this down column C. The quickest way to do this is to
double-click the fill handle when the cell is selected (the small black
square in the bottom right hand corner of the cursor).

Hope this helps.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
5/3/2006 8:43:05 AM
Thanks both of you, that is just what I wanted.
Regards

"Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net>, haber iletisinde sunlari
yazdi:1146645785.168032.130760@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
> In C1, enter this formula:
>
> =A1&B1
>
> then copy this down column C. The quickest way to do this is to
> double-click the fill handle when the cell is selected (the small black
> square in the bottom right hand corner of the cursor).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete

0
kakdogan (6)
5/3/2006 9:46:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Stacked/clustered column chart with a two vertical axes
Much has been discussed here about how to build this chart, but I haven't found anything explaining the possibility of combining it with a second y axis. I want to graph the advertising expenditure and gross rating points (what would be the return of investment on advertising) on television for three diaper brands by day part. Day parts would be represented by the different colors of which columns will consist. There are 5 of them: day, early, prime, late and over. For each brand, I want that two data columns show. The one to the right will represent the expenditure in $ and the one to the...

Two new Articles
I just got done posting two new articles on CodeProject. Let me know what you think. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Auto_Size_ListCtrl_Header.asp http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/MDIFrameBackground.asp AliR. Good stuff Ali. Great illustrations of some concepts that are simple once illustrated, but not so easy to figure out otherwise. Thanks. Tom "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:6KxTh.9514$YL5.1396@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I just got done posting two new articles on CodeProject. > Let me know what you think. > > ...

Combining two companies into one
We are approaching a point where management wants to combine two separately operating companies into one entity. How do I merge the one into the larger? Can I do this within Great Plains and migrate the tables & information? There isn't a conflict with cost center-acct#'s on the income statement but there would be on the balance sheet. Vendor names & numbers would need to be redone as well. Management will want to be able to combine by the end of the year. I know I could just create new cost centers and quit using the old company but if there is any way to combi...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Outlook 2007
First problem: When entering a search into the search box on my Outlook email screen, no items are found. This happens no matter how positive I am I entered the search correctly and that an email exists. Second problem: When in MS Word 2007 (and I'll post this in the Word forum as well), when I go to File / Send To / Mail recipient, nothing happens. Any ideas to help solve these annoying problems? Never mind about my second problem. I got it figured out .... it's Word Perfect I'm having a problem with, not Word ! "Jan" <jan@greenwaldlaw.org> wrote in m...

changing lookup columns
Anybody know a way to add a column to the LookUp screen for Accounts? When I am in a contact record and want to choose a parent account, I would like more columns to distinguish between the different accounts that come up. This isn't the Advanced Find or Associated View for Accounts so I can't see where to add the columns. I've even checked the QueryBase table and don't see any one that looks like it applies. Thanks. There is no supported way to do this in v.1x. Check this folder if you feel curious: \\CRMSERVER\c$\Inetpub\wwwroot\_controls\lookup\lookupxml "A...

Cannot join on Social Security Num
I have a table that I am trying to add an ID number into from another. The two tables have a Social Security Number that is the only way to link the tables. I am trying to change that I am first doing a select query before the update query When I add both tables to a query and tie them together by the Social Security Num, (regular join, not outer or inner) I get zero records retrieved. There are matching Social Security Nums in both tables though The two SocSecNum fields have input picture clauses 000\-00\-0000;0;_ Both fields in both tables are the same length and input pictures ...

Compare and Insert from Two Spreadsheets
Let's say I have two spreadsheets. Each has the name of employees from a company, but spreadsheet B does not contain all of the names on Spreadsheet A. I want Excel to look spreadsheet A and input any information relating to an employee that is also listed in Spreadsheet B. Is this possible? -- Boulder257 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Boulder257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20053 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561169 Do you want a unique list of Employees t...

Determine if Value in column A exists in Column B
Hello All- Simple question...I have a sheet with several hundred 10 digit numbers in column A and in Column B. I need a formula to put in column C, that will tell me if the number in A appears anywhere in the list of column B. Doesn't matter if the num,ber in column A appears more than once in column B, just if it appears anywere at all.. A B C 1 02020 02110 True (appears at B2) 2 01121 02020 False 3 01111 98981 False 4 02110 89789 True (appears at B1) 5 19982 58676 ...

Ungrouping columns
I was wondering if there was a way to ungroup a column in a bar graph from the others so I can put individual error bars on it. I can get error bars but it will put the same ones on all in that same group and that's not accurate for what I need. The way I have to have it set for presentation I can't do it any other way. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Troy - You can put the error bar values into the worksheet, different values for each point, then in the Error Bars dialog, use the Custom definition to select the range containing these values. You can also spec...

Sorting Stacked Columns
I am trying to sort the columns so that the largest value is on th bottom each year. This would change the order of the series over eac year presumably. I have not figured out a way to do this, and fear i may be VBA related. Any ideas? Thanks. I attached the file for viewing Attachment filename: testbook_stackedcols.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61644 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Searching in a column of strings
Hi I try to find how many cells have a sequence of charcters. From Cell A1:A50. Exemple for "NY" : cellA1 = NY123 cellA2 = NY3235 cellA3 = NY5434 cellA4 = LA4234 function(NY) = 3 Like Seach but instead to be in a single cell, it's in a sequence of cell? Thanks Jack Jack =COUNTIF($A:$A,"*NY*") Regards Trevor "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:348501c3fd71$700c6c60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi > > I try to find how many cells have a sequence of > charcters. From Cell A1:A50. > > Exe...

Return to Column A #2
There was a post almost a month ago on this subject. The question posed was a good one though the answers returned didn't really answer the need. It's easy to move to the right on enter but how do you move to the next row and first column if you are at the end of the first row. Yes one can hit down arrow/home or Home/down arrow but this is a little annoying. If a sheet is protected and cells are locked, isn't there an easier way to do this more elegantly? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Greg Say you start with A1 selected. Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key...

Adjusting Two Columns with Text
I have two columns. I've entered numbered text in each column. As I add more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward. Is there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one? I am not really sure what you mean by "the second column keeps adjusting itself downward". Do you have a two column table, or is the document formatted with columns? It sounds like you may have the former when what you want is the latter. Format the document so that it has two columns (via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab in Word 200...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

Help...Need to modify data within a column in a .csv file
I have been given a .csv file of several thousand rows, and I need to change column A of each. The brief cutout below shows column A of the first two rows. (I need to skip the first row, which is the headers.) Kinda clumsy to have such a wide column, but the application this file is to be fed after I change the contents requires all the data separated by double-quotes to be in the one column. Cell A2: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417385"121"307"111-11-1111"09/30/05"LASTNAME1 Cell A3: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417386"101"900000005"222-22-2222"09/30/05"...

Outlook Two mail accounts
I have a network whith Win2000 server and exchange 2000 server my question is after I configure the clients whith Outlook I add one account POP 3 and one Exchange account in each client I make the POP3 account default, no problem if I make a new e-mail Outlook send it whith the POP3 account but If I reply or foward a -email the program try to send it whith Exchange , the problem is my exchange is just for internal use in the office is not for internet mail so How can I change that behavior to Outlook always send and receive whith the POP3 account and use the Exchange account just for...

comparing columns of numbers
Hi If you have 2 columns of numbers and you want to find the numbers that are in one columns but not the other, and you type say A10=B10 then when you find a figure that is in one column but not the other you insert/delete a line and then drag the formula down again to keep checking. Is there any better formula I can use or anyway I can do it so I don't have to keep dragging down the formula Public Sub ProcessData() Const TestCol1 As String = "A" Const TestCol2 As String = "B" Dim i As Long Dim LastRow As Long With Application .ScreenUpdating = Fal...

How do I make column on the left side of Outlook[inbox,Sent etc.]
I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA61CD3-8CE3-4DFA-B7B7-A27BCF0C29A6@microsoft.com... > I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows > (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, > Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? Enable the Navigation Pane. Press Alt+F1 or click View>Navigation Pane. ...

Left Join dilemma is this possible?
I am trying to create a recordset in Excel 2000 from two Access 2000 tables to include all items from the first table "Liquor" and only items from the second table "LiquorOrders" that match either a date or an order number. I have 19 items in the first table and I would like to select all 19 items and only these 19 items with a Status = True, with corresponding data from the "LiquorOrders" with blanks where an order for an item was not placed on that specific date or order number. This at first seemed possible but after much researching and experimentation I hav...

two personal file folders on OL2003 ?
I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a problem. In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is for 97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ? I have only one pst file on the laptop. Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is different Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the other. When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail folder ? Thanks, Tim TimR, you wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:45:10 -0700: > I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003)...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #2

SQL statement to find a particular column within all tables
I am looking for a query that will allow me to find all instances of a particular column within all tables so I know where they are all located. Does anyone have such a query they would be willing to share? Thank you. Pam, I posted this query a few months aback on my blog (http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-past-days-i-have-found-lot-of-people.html), but here is the excerpt: select distinct rtrim(objs.name) from syscolumns cols inner join sysobjects objs on (cols.id = objs.id) inner join sysindexes indx on (cols.id = indx.id) where (cols.name = 'ACTINDX') and (ob...

Join based on next closest value (like Excel VLOOKUP)
Trying to do something similar to a VLOOKUP (Excel) in an Access 2003 query. I have the following tables: JOBS Job,Quantity A,96 B,256 C,300 D,4299 COSTS Quantity,Cost 0, $1000 100, $1200 200, $1500 300, $2000 400, $2500 500, $3000 I need a query that takes JOBS.Quantity, looks it up in COSTS.Quantity and find the cost for the NEXT LOWEST quantity. (Example: Job B has a quantity of 256 and the next LOWEST quantity from COSTS is 200 so Job B costs $1500.) The results should be as follows: JOBS.Job,COSTS.Cost A,$1000 B,$1500 C,$2000 D,$3000 This would be ...