Is this the wrong kind of question? nobody answered so reposting!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Ike" <accordiondocxyzxyzxyz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Clearly (no pun intended).

Marcus

0
Marcus
4/1/2006 3:59:44 AM
yes
--
Gary''s Student

"Ike" wrote:

0
GarysStudent (1572)
4/1/2006 7:16:01 PM
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 03:36:36 GMT, "Ike" <accordiondocxyzxyzxyz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Your question is confusing.  See my response in your original thread.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Outlook 2000 wrong icon as attachment
When I try and attach a quickbooks file to an email in Outlook 2000, the program will attach the file, but instead of a quickbooks icon showing up, the generic windows icon shows up, and the file is unreadable on the other end. Any ideas as to why outlook isn't interpreting the attachment correctly? Thank you. ...

horrifyingly difficult excel chart / gantt question...
Hi, Sounds complicated, but will save a heap of time for me... I've got some data (actually exported from MS Project) in the following format: task name | duration | start date | finish date | level --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- task 1 | x | 1/1/6 | 30/1/6 | 1 task 2 | y | 5/1/6 | 20/1/6 | 2 milestone 1 | z | 25/1/6 | 15/1/6 | 3 and I want to roll these up in...

Beginners Question
Hi All I had a beginners question about CRM and this seemed like a good place to start :-) I'm looking at what constitutes a CRM application - in your mind. I've seen some references to people importing data from apps like Symantec ACT! (which, if memory serves, is an SFA application). As you might note from my sig, my company produces a help desk application (which I'm led to believe is another part of a CRM app). So, I'm left with the impression that CRM is a help desk app, an SFA app and some customer data mining tool all melded together. Am I close? -- Derek Davidson...

VBA Question
I am using a VBA Code snippet which I am using to get around the conditional format restriction. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim icolor As Integer <== Start Code snippet ==> ' Define conditional formats If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E4:IV1003")) Is Nothing Then Select Case Target Case "" icolor = 0 ' Define Code e.g. "Code" or "Description" Case "A" ' Define color as stated in the color index. icolor = "...

Formatting a Row Question
Is it possible to conditionally format an entire row based on input into one cell in that row, or am I "rowing" upstream? All help on this appreciated, Bryan Yes, perhaps a simple example to illustrate .. Select row1 (click on the row header) Click Format >Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings: Formula Is | =$B1=1 Click Format button > Patterns tab > gray > OK Click OK at the main dialog Now key in a "1" into B1, press Enter Row1 will be coloured gray Clear B1, the colour disappears (Note that the $ sign in the formula is import...

Is the HITB reset tool and report REALLY the answer?
Since upgrading to 9.0 we can no longer balance our stock status report to GL in our average cost/manufacturing envirornment. Will this new HITB tool/report allow this? Is it available for 9.0? Can it be run against just 1 company to test? Thank you.. MES, Because of changes in the Average Perpetual valuation methods in GP9, the Stock Status will no longer tie out to your GL. This verbiage is directly from the 'How to determine, maintain, and report accurate costing in Inventory' article MS published in June, 2007 - The Stock Status report is intended to provide a current snaps...

PST on Network Question
We have Exchange 2003. We have a lot of users (school district staff and students), so we have strict limits on the mailbox size. For many years we have been telling users to save their messages to their PST files (which is on their network drive). Now we've come across some documentation that suggests that is a BAD idea. What do others use for managing mail and keeping the size of the mailbox low? Where do you store messages/attachments? How easy is it for the non-technical users? Thanks for any and all suggestions. -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support &...

Exchange Recovery question #2
If I lose both nodes in a 2-node cluster running MS Exchange 2000 and all I have is a valid Exchnage IS backup, (i.e no system backups), is it possible to recover this backup to a new system and bring the store on-line again e.g remove all cluster, VS info from AD, build a new cluster, VS (presumably with same names) and restore the backup to it. Indeed would the VS and server names have to be the same as before? Would the store be available to users ? Regards, Gerry On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:08:22 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotnet> wrote: >If I lose both nodes in a 2-...

Questions regarding the IE Critical Patch
Dear Gurus, I learned of the need to patch IE (version 6, 7 and 8) and need help. There are two versions of patches -- A. MS09-072 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS09-072.mspx B. MS10-002 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS10-002.mspx Both deal with IE 6, 7 and 8. Question: 1. Do I apply *BOTH* patches or just one of them? 2. If only need apply only one patch, do I apply A (MS09-072) or B (MS10-002)? Please help ! Much oblige !! These are both cumulative updates, so you only need the most recent, i.e., MS10-002. Howeve...

Purchase Order Suggestion/Question
I would love to see the following option: When I generate Purchase Orders automatically, I take a look at the quantity of product that is generated for the order and decide if I want to place an order or not. If I do decide to place an order, I would like to be able to have the Purchase Order also order everything else that is below the reorder level, but not at the reorder point. Since I'm already placing an order with the vendor, it just makes sense to "top off" everything. The only way I can think to do that now is to make my reorder point quantity one less than my ...

Questions and answers
Does anybody knows where can I get some kind of questions and answers for practicing with the Adventureworks database? thanks, alex. On Mar 12, 4:33=A0pm, "alex" <alexwar...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody knows where can I get some kind of =A0questions and answers = for > practicing with the Adventureworks database? > > thanks, > alex. BOL (Books Online) the SQL Server documentation, has plenty of examples using Adventureworks. Note that if you are using SQL2008 there is a version of AdventureWorks for SQL2008 on codeplex however most ...

Another neophite question
I have created a MFC dll project with 5 functions. How do I make those function away in my MFC dialog project? If I add the project to my workspace how do I make that class exposed so that my dialog can call those function defined in that class? Spanker Make sure that the functions are being exported in the dll http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_export_from_a_dll_using___declspec.28.dllexport.29.asp Next include the header file of the dll in you dialog box cpp and call the functions. AliR. "Spanker" <spanker@nichware.com>...

the questions part 2
hi, can you tell me .. 1-What is Active Directory site? 2-Difference between Domain users/Authenticated users? 3-The boundry for exchange 2003 is forest of trusting 2003 domain, then what about trusted domain with 2 way trust relationship, is it needed to have separate exchange server for trusted domain ... (trusted domain can be NT4 or 2003) Thanks... Inline. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Feelings" <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Calendar resource question.
I have a delegate set up to automatically manage appointments for multiple conference room calendars. The delegate is running Outlook 2003 and my users are running every version of Outlook from 98 - 2003. We're running an Exchange 5.5 system. My users can send an appointment to a conference room and it's accepted. Then if they try to update the appointment (without changing date or time) they get a declined message saying the appointment conflicts with another appointment and their appointment is removed from the calendar. If they update again the appointment is accepted...

General questions on Recipient Policies
I have a few questions regarding Recipient Policies (on Exchange 2003 SP 3) 1. Is there a way to temporarily "disable" a policy so it doesn't run the next time the Mailbox Management Process runs? I don't necessarily want all of the policies to run at once. 2. As an alternative, is there a way to run a policy directly from the Recipient Policies Folder or do they always have to run from the Mailbox Management Process on a Server? Again, if I have several policies configured, I may want to only run one of them. -- Midwest Muskie I'm not sure there is a way to t...

Upgrade Questions #2
Currently GP 9.0 is running with SQL 2000 MSDE. We have a new computer to move GP to and run with SQL 2005 MSDE. I am debating how I should proceed with this task. The existing computer will not run SQL 2005 MSDE whic is one reason why we purchased a new computer. Should I install SQL 2000 MSDE and GP 9 on the new computer then upgrade to 2005 or is there a way to restore the database? -- Jean Jean, Take a look at KB article 878449 which explains in great detail the steps necessary to move GP from one server to another. I would suggest, if you haven't done so yet, to download ...

Excel Questions: using match
I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value. http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=f944d0055ccd89d926a83fbe2b174502 In cell B1 apply formula and copy down as required =COUNTIF(F:F,A1)>0 To find the total missing ones try this formula =COUNTIF(B:B,FALSE) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "sdemtevym" wro...

question about macro in excel
hello, i have a macro that i want to run on different excel sheets. i want to be able to choose it from every sheet. how can i make it general? thanks in advance, tal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Write your code against the activesheet. Store the workbook with the code somewhere nice. When you need the macro, open this file and tools|macro|macros... and run your macro. A lot of people save all their general utility macros into a file called personal.xls and make sure that it's in their XLStart folder. Then each time excel opens, this workbook also opens and th...

Business Portal 3.0 Question
We are beginning our process of upgrading to GP 9 and at the same time our going to implement Business Portal 3.0. My question regarding BP is this. Because of our many custimizations, we are going to setup a test environment for our upgrade. I would like to also setup BP to work with this test environment. My question is, once we cutover to GP 9, is it possible to point the BP to the new database (which will be on a different server? Thank you. Steve, BusinessPortal creates its data tables in the DYNAMICS database on the GP9 sql server. BP sits on top of SharePoint services (which ...

Age is coming up wrong
This is an unbound in a form I noticed that this part of the formula is not calculating correct. For example [DOB] is 2/27/07 and the answer comes back 8 months. The child is 7 months until Octboer 27th. Does anyone know what I did wrong in this formula. This is the part that is wrong: IIf(DateDiff("m", [DOB],Date())<24,DateDiff("m",[DOB],Date()) & " Months", This is the actual formula: =IIf(DateDiff("d",[DOB],Date())<60,DateDiff("ww",[DOB],Date()) & " Weeks",IIf(DateDiff("m",[DOB],Date())<24,DateDiff(&...

Countif gone wrong
Hi, A B C D E 2000BC DEF DEF DEF 2000BC ABC 2000BC DEF 2000BC DEF 2000BC 2000BC 2000BC 2000BC 2000BC ABC 2000BC DEF DEF DEF This normally works but Im having a problem with it now. My formula looks like this =COUNTIF(Sheet3!A:A,"=2000BC")+COUNTIF(Sheet3!B:B,"=2000BC")+COUNTIF(Sheet3!C:C,"=2000BC")+COUNTIF(Sheet3!D:D,"=2000BC")+COUNTIF(Sheet3!E:E,"=2000BC") The column range is a lot of lines ie reason why I use column:column, the last countif was added & it returns answer as 0 instead of adding 2 more-if I change the formula...

Wrong Balance on home page accounts Money 2004
Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low thousands ? In microsoft.public.money, Opa wrote: >Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the >billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low >thousands ? Patience. ...

Question on inserting table in word
I have a question regarding a minutes word document we have. My boss wants to be able to hit tab or enter and a cell appear and type in the task to complete and another cell appear for each task to be done by hitting tab or enter. is there a way to have cells appear by hitting a button? On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:22:00 -0700, SUSAN wrote: > I have a question regarding a minutes word document we have. My boss wants > to be able to hit tab or enter and a cell appear and type in the task to > complete and another cell appear for each task to be done by hitting tab or > enter. ...

Mailbox
I just finished moving a user to a new computer. While checking to see if everything is there and working correctly she noticed in Outlook (2003) that what should be "Mailbox - Username" is instead "Pasto dezute - username". That's mailbox in Lithuanian. Luckily Lithuanian is her first language. Still we want to know how to set it back to English. Any help is appreciated. "Aaron Imlah" <Aaron Imlah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ADF9028-1D40-4323-8001-43A7F22C1B0F@microsoft.com... >I just finished moving a user...

WRONG PAYEE NAME DOWNLOADED FOR CHECK CARD PURCHASES
I pretty much let my bank download transactions - the only thing that gets entered by *me* are the e-payments (because it does it automatically). Anyway, somehow every check card purchase I make at *Albertsons* shows up (downloaded from the bank) as *Public Utilities Department*. The amount is correct, but totally wrong payee name. How do I change this? Thanks Susie F In microsoft.public.money, MTSUSIE wrote: >I pretty much let my bank download transactions - the >only thing that gets entered by *me* are the e-payments >(because it does it automatically). Anyway, somehow...