Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the cells visible?

Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the
cells visible?

I always have to rightclick  > Format to check it.

Bart
Ex2003

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Bart

There's a way to create a formula to display the number format using
an XLM4 macro function:

1. Go Insert>Name>Define and name the formula you are about to create
something like NumFmt (you have to do it this 'indirect' way when
using XLM4 macros) and in the refers to box type:

=GET.CELL(7,OFFSET(INDIRECT("RC",FALSE),0,-1))

and click OK.
2. Now this formula can be used in any worksheets in this workbook and
will display the number format of the cell to its immediate left (ie
if entered in B1 then it will give the number format of A1). Enter
like so:

=NumFmt

Hope this helps!

Richard

On 2 Mar, 07:17, "AA Arens" <bartvandon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the
> cells visible?
>
> I always have to rightclick  > Format to check it.
>
> Bart
> Ex2003

number rounding in MS Excel

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Rounding Numbers #3

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

parameter for text

Date format 04-11-06