Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?

Hello,

I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this
object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls
file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I
double click on its icon, nothing happen.

I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated
any advice.

Mike
0
MIUSS
5/26/2010 1:33:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

new "you must be connected to the internet to sign in online" erro
Hi. I've got the Microsoft Money Plus trial and have only had it for about 2 weeks. It was working fine last time I ran it a few days ago and today when I ran it, it won't log me in. It says, "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." Nothing interesting has changed on my computer other than: - A new version of zone alarm, which I've tried turning off and running MsMoney, but I still get the same error. - Whatever random updates Microsoft has decided to do. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks, mike In microsoft.public.m...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

orphaned free busy objects
I have 3 orphaned free busy objects from exchange 5.5 server that were decommissioned months ago. I attempted to delete them form the systems folders view but was ask for a password several times then denied. I found that they did not have a replica on any exchange server so I added one to the local server thinking It would allow me to delete it. Didn’t work and it wont let me remove the replica. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Hi I have excactly the same problem.... Did you fix it ? Is there anyone else who have any clue how to delete this orphaned Free Busy objects ? With Ad...

PDF file

how to read or view ntds.dit
We need to find some user information in AD for an ex-worker left a year ago. We got a good backup for our domain controller. I assume it has ntds.dit. If so how can I retore it as a file and read offline? Thanks. Hello chris, You can't within Windows server 2003 and lower OS, this database cannot be mounted and vied like access or sql databases. Also see here about Useful shelf life of a system-state backup of Active Directory when restoring an older backup: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216993 For Windows server 2008 and higher see: http://technet.microsoft...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Balance views
In the register I see the ending balance. Is there a way to get the "Cleared Balance"? This is available through Ultrasoft Money for my palm pilot. I like this so I can verify if my acct is balanced. ...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

view exchange email at home
Outlook 2003 is running in cache mode but when away from the office I can't login with my office profile (not connected to the server). How can I view my email when away from the office? Where is Outlook/Exchange storing my mail on my computer? Outlook/Exchange has a function where you can download your mails int your laptop (I assume you are using a laptop)... It's called offlin something... I have vague memory of the name :p You need to activat it when you are in the office. The other way (which I personally prefer) is Outlook Web Access. Th interface is very similar to t...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

link a stencil to a visio file?
hi all, I'm new to Visio, hope not to get laughed at! So here I go: I'm creating a Word doc where I have to link to a Visio drawing. Since the doc is a template for future filling, I don't want to "show" the empty visio drawing on the doc, but just "show" an icon which links to it. OK, so far everything's fine, I double click on it and it opens (clap! clap!) :-). The thing is I have created a new custom stencil, a very simple one so those who are going to fill the template don't have to mess too much with visio, just drag and drop some of these 1...

Custom Calendar Views Not Sharing With Calendar
I'm using Outlook 2007 with an Exchange Server on Windows Server 2008. I have created a calendar with custom views saved as "This Folder, Visible to Everyone". I have shared it (at Editor level) but the custom views don't seem to be available on anyone else's computer. According to most, that should be sufficient. Any thoughts? ...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Excel file won't open because it' a read only file when it is not
When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - Cannot access read-only document "name of file" File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. IanB wrote: > > When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - > Cannot access read-only document "name of file" > File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. -- Dave Peterson ...

strange welcome screen at sign in
when I signed into messenger a few minutes ago I got a welcome to windows live messenger screen with something that said September 2008 and had a bunch of things in another language on the right side. this is the first time I have encountered something like this what is causing it and has anyone else been getting this? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Greetings, I haven't noticed any date on the welcome screen, but I may have just missed it. It's normal to see these every so often (it's a "feature"). There's been...

Not able to open .xls outside of excel (via Explorer or Outlook attachment)
After upgrading to MS Outlook 2003.....when I find my .xls on my hard-drive using Windows Explorer & then double-click on the file....Excel opens, but does not populate with the desired file. Similar situation with an .xls file attached to an email (even one I sent), I double-click on the attached file's icon & Excel starts, but I get an error on Outlook that the file could not be located. I can then go to Excel/File/Open & choose the file & it opens with no problems. Word .doc files, .pdf's etc. open normally from outside their programs. I have cleared & ...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...