Is there a user easy way to change the active sheet name

I would like the sheet name to read what I have just put into cell A1.  It's
important that they are the same, and the people who are going to use this
spreadsheet aren't known for their data accuracy.

Thanks
Brad Withrow

0
bmwithrow (1)
4/11/2006 1:33:49 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/events/sheetnamefromcell.html

In article <jFD_f.76$2_.46@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
 "Brad Withrow" <bmwithrow@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I would like the sheet name to read what I have just put into cell A1.  It's
> important that they are the same, and the people who are going to use this
> spreadsheet aren't known for their data accuracy.
>
> Thanks
> Brad Withrow
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Search for values between two sheets
Hi again I think I've confused everyone with the previous thread. Is it at all possible to do something like a VLOOKUP or anythin similar to search between sheets/ workbooks I appreciate any help you can give guys Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Joey I gave you one answer for two sheets. If you have several this becomes more complicated. What do you want to return? - text values - numbers For the latter one there could be a solution using SUMPRODUCT, etc. So you may explain this with a little bit more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

CRM4 problem with custom workflow activity
I have created a custom workflow activity (CWA) based on an example I found on the net - this has been compiled and installed and works fine. I then created another CWA and have revised it several times - reloading each time. However when I run a workflow which uses this second CWA, it goes into Waiting state and indicates an error has occurred. I have even resorted to having no parameters and nothing but the return statement in the code. Still with the same result. Is there something I've missed here? Should I just start again? Should I unload the CWA between updates? (I already ...

bulk updates/ price changes
Is there any software out there, compatible with RMS, that would allow us to do bulk updating of our items using an excel spreadsheet? We are looking for something fairly advanced that would enable us to do mass price changes based on supplier and item lookup codes. Also need to be flagged on new items and discontinued items. Know of anything that sounds similar? Thanks You can use text functions in Excel to generate a series of queries to do what you want to do. For example, if your columns are ILC, Supplier, Cost, Price and you want a query to update all items with a new price, you coul...

Document access denied, user does not have access privileges
I'm using Word 2003, XP Media Center Ed. I saved my file, opened and closed it a number of times, each time saving as usual. After completing the document, I saved again and now can't open it, getting this message: Word cannot open the document--user does not have access privileges. Another document I was working on at the same time still opens perfectly. I've been through all the steps to recover mentioned on the MS website to no avail. Can anyone help? -- Beryl Remember, YHWH God is always blessing you. Receive it. Pass it on. ...

user fonts disappear
OS 10.2.8/Officev.X upd 10.1.5 Only Sys Lib fonts shown in fonts menu (Word, etc) remove fonts & pref, reinstall fonts, restart app (Word, etc) All fonts listed - restart App - see optimizing font menu msg Only /System/Library/fonts shown Priv/protections appear correct >-----Original Message----- >OS 10.2.8/Officev.X upd 10.1.5 >Only Sys Lib fonts shown in fonts menu (Word, etc) >remove fonts & pref, reinstall fonts, restart app (Word, etc) >All fonts listed - restart App - see optimizing font menu msg >Only /System/Library/fonts shown >Priv/protections appear c...

Handling DPI changes in my vb6 app
Hi All I have created a multiple form app (only shows 1 form at a time though!) and it looks and works fine on most Win2000 - 7 machines. However, if a machine has been set up for any other dpi than the default setting of 96dpi (eg 120dpi) then my app has a huge grey appendedge to it and all of the buttons, scrollbars, etc go awol. I have to be a genius with the old mouse and click into nothingness to get the app to quit or do a Ctrl+Alt+Del job. I have to do this as the app is completely unusable yet all other apps seem fine. Did I miss something in programming pre-scho...

Changing bulk Link references to different workbook.
We have an excel spreadsheet that has a lot (thousands) of links to data on an excel spreadsheet on the C: drive. e.g. ='C:\My Documents\Excel\data\[SourceData.xls]Sheet1'!$B$3 We are moving to Citrix, and Losing our C: drives, so I need to update all references in all 16 worksheets from "C:\My Documents" to "H:\Working" Is there a bulk method of doing this? Thanx in Advance Simon Westenra Health Intelligence Wellington, New Zealand. Replying to my own post - tut tut! Anyway I have tried altering some samples I found, and this appears to work. It's not t...

Changing values in a row based on a cell in the row.
Hi, I have a little matrix 5R x 6C. All cells within the matrix have data validation in them to restrict the input to "1" or "0". It is OK to have mutiple selections of "1's" in the same row, except if the user happen to select a "1" for the sixth or last cell in the row. If that happens I would like the other five cells in that row to have a value of "0". Something like A B C D E F 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 ok 2 1 0 1 0 0 1 Not ok 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 ok 4 5 -- Casey --------------------------------------...

Setting/Changing the device name in Device Manager
Hi, How do I change the display name in Device Manager? eg. serial ports show up as "Communications Port (COM1)" etc. I have similar multiple devices which I'd like to name as "MyDev0" "MyDev1" etc... (currently they show as the common name from the INF file) Can this be done programmatically from the driver, or is there special INF black magic required? TIA Regards, -- Mark McDougall, Engineer Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au> 21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216 Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266 you can write a coi...

Compare names on two worksheets
I have one Excel worksheet with one column of personal names on it. I have a 2nd Excel worksheet that has several columns of personal names on it. I need to compare the 1st worksheet to the 2nd worksheet for any misspellings. (Microsoft Excel Office Edition 2003 SP2) http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx you are actually looking for non duplicates but the method works fine for that too -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "egreen" <egreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD1F8E1-D22E-4E4F-950A-26AE3BCF8FC5@microsoft.com... >I have one Excel worksh...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Counting Date Changes
I'm using this formula to calculate schedule changes by workday. In this example, the difference between the original date of 8/18 and the latest move date of 9/10 is 17 workdays. What I now need to do is NOT populate Col T until I have a date in Col R, but having difficulty adding this additional criterion. Can you assist? =IF(L7="","",NETWORKDAYS(L7,IF(COUNT(M7:P7),MAX(M7:P7),Q7))) Col L Orig 08/18/05 Col M Move1 08/22/05 Col N Move2 08/30/05 Col O Move3 09/10/05 Col P Move4 Col Q Target 08/18/05 Col R A...

New Access User Help
I have been using Excel to create reports for over a year now, and my information and reporting is getting too big. I am going to start to need to use Access. I have never used it before. So I am litterarly starting from scratch. Does anyone have any websites that has some good training for someone who does not know much about Access and can walk someone through how it works and creating reports. I am also hoping that I can import some of my excel work over to access. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. There are lots of great online ressources! Take ...

Changing "Formats" on "System Settings" has no effect....
I'm having a really hard time changing the way that dates are displayed on forms. I've gone to "Administration", "System Settings" and "Formats" tab, and selected "English (United Kingdom)" According to this the Short Date should show as "05/02/2009". However, on all the forms that show dates this is "02/05/2009" Thoughts? Thanks Edward Hi, On top of what you've already done, you'll also have to do the following: Tools -> Options -> Formats Tab -> English (United Kingdom). Send a quick email to all ...

Track activities on users in project server 2007
I was wondering if there is any way to track all/some of the user activities on PWA site. Here is an example case, if we have couple users (different usernames and passwords) but with the same admin privileges, is there any way to track down the users and see which users made which changes. For example I would like to see which user has changed the access to one of our tab or link on PWA site, or which user added another users to the site, or opened some access for other users to the PWA. The PWA site has only one admin username and password, but as I said we have some users wit...

Excel2002 named references
Hello! I have a sheet with many named references to cells/regions. I would like to copy it to a new sheet, with the same format, but different data. So I need the same named references, but they should be local to the new sheet, and not point to the original sheet. When I make a copy of the original sheet the named references in the new sheet point to the original sheet, and changing each of them manually is a nightmare. How do I copy the original sheet so that it makes the named references local? Thanks Michael I'm confused with your use of Sheets. Do you mean you have a wo...

Tips for reducing users mailbox size ?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me tips on how users should reduce the size of their mailboxes. I have already that they go through their attachments from their Sent Items folder and also delete mail from the Deleted Items folder. They are doing this but their mailboxes keep getting bigger. Many thanks in advance In news:1126522532.838149.226650@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, graeme.hendry@whitehallsystems.com <graeme.hendry@whitehallsystems.com> typed: > Hi, > > I wonder if anyone can give me tips on how users should reduce the > size of their mailboxes. The same wa...

Publisher quits when changing file directories
Publisher 2003 quits when changing directories to find another file to work on. It locks up and then says "Not Responding". It then asks "Send Error Report?". It then shows a link to connect for a download to correct the problem, as though it is going directly to the correction of the problem. Instead it puts me in a maze of other "Items" that have no relation to my problem. When I click on what I think I need it will not download. This is very frustrating and time consuming thereby killing my productivity. I cannot get done what I need to do using P...

Incoming Phonecall to activate relevant Contact
Hi, I have Outlook 2002. I want to automatically activate a callers Contact in outlook (provided the number already exists in Outlook) so that before I pick up the phone, his/her details are already visible on screen . I have BT caller display activated and a standard analogue line (with broadband). Is there any sotware that allows this to happen? many thanks Nigel See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/telephony.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

should variable declaration will be changed??
THis code compiles ok when i click priceqoute botton it display request id but when it comes to next it give a erreor message "invalid market no",and "invalid amount" Can anybody suggest me how to come out of this....should i change the variable type or what... void CWartz_newDlg::OnBpricequote() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here int pageno(0); requestid=m_arielapi.RequestPrices(sessionid,pageno); CString displaydata; displaydata.Format(_T("==>Request ID [%s]"),requestid); LOG(0,displaydata); BOOL bSuccess=FALSE; for(int n=0;n<3...

How can I change the shape and size of the boxes in an org chart?
I need hekp I always make an org chart using individual shapes and connectors. This makes for slightly more work, but it also provides absolute control over each individual formatting element of each chart element. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "helenfanig" <helenfanig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6D8623A-99C0-42FE-B474-3A1953D2B39D@microsoft.com... >I need hekp ...

Change FROM display name for Mobile Phones
We send txt to cell phones from outlook, we have these cell users in our contacts as well, (example: phonenumber@carrier.com) is named JOE, when JOE reply’s from his cell phone the FROM display name showing in outlook from the cell phone shows numbers (example: phonenumer@carrier.com) how can I make it show the name JOE that I have for it in my contacts? Thanks this is controlled by the sender - and in this case, the sender can't change it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www...

markup changes
the markup percentage on inventory items randomly changes. sometimes up sometimes down. any thoughts? -- tomb Could be the result of making purchases. If you have 1 item in inventory that cost $5.00 and you sell it for $10.00 the margin is then 50%. If you buy 6 more at $5.50 ea and are set up to use the weighted average cost update method, then your weighted average cost is $5.429 and your margin declines to 45.7% -Eric "tom" wrote: > the markup percentage on inventory items randomly changes. sometimes up > sometimes down. any thoughts? > -- > tomb ...

Opening a Specific Excel Sheet from Access
Well as the name states I'm tyring to open a specific excel sheet from access 2000 for editing another poster helped me get this far Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Const QUOTE = """" Public Sub testExcel() Dim sDocName As String Dim sPathName As String Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelWorkbook As Excel.Workbook 'Fire up excel Set ExcelApp = New Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelWorkbook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open(sDocName) sPathName = "C:\Hartman\BrokerLicenses" sDocName = QUOTE & sPat...

How do I change the order of panels in a trifold brochure?
I've created a trifold brochure. My boss wants the order of the six panels changed. How can I easily do this? There may be an easier way but this will work: Open the pub file, go to a page you want moved. Gather all text and image boxes and drag off to the scratch area. Go to the page you want, gather all, change to the wanted page and paste. Continue will the remaining pages moving is wanted. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tig495" <Tig495@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EBA57BB-3531-48B3-8FCE-972655E08F32@microsoft.com... > > I...