Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

or can I define one ?

I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
right click menu every time

Regards,
Sirritys

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ctrl+V

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

"Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> or can I define one ?
>
> I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
> right click menu every time
>
> Regards,
> Sirritys

0
garbage (651)
8/2/2006 8:35:16 AM
It is quite easy to define a macro to do this for you. Highlight a
range, then turn the macro recorder on (Tools | Macro | Record new
macro) and define a keyboard shortcut, eg CTRL-SHIFT-P - you might also
like to locate the macro in personal.xls using the pull-down. While the
macro recorder is running, click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special |
Values (check) then OK followed by <Esc>. Then click <close> on the
macro recorder icon.

In future, all you will need to do is highlight your range and do
CTRL-SHIFT-P to fix the values.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Sirritys wrote:
> or can I define one ?
>
> I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
> right click menu every time
>
> Regards,
> Sirritys

0
pashurst (2576)
8/2/2006 8:36:20 AM
Thanks for help.

However I think that is not going to work for me, since I need to copy
paste a lot from different sheets and stuff :-/

Pete_UK kirjoitti:

> It is quite easy to define a macro to do this for you. Highlight a
> range, then turn the macro recorder on (Tools | Macro | Record new
> macro) and define a keyboard shortcut, eg CTRL-SHIFT-P - you might also
> like to locate the macro in personal.xls using the pull-down. While the
> macro recorder is running, click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special |
> Values (check) then OK followed by <Esc>. Then click <close> on the
> macro recorder icon.
>
> In future, all you will need to do is highlight your range and do
> CTRL-SHIFT-P to fix the values.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> Sirritys wrote:
> > or can I define one ?
> >
> > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
> > right click menu every time
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sirritys

I think that you'll find that Pete's suggestion will work.

As will this:

How about just adding another icon to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category
scroll down the right hand side and drag "paste values" to that favorite
toolbar.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I thought the OP would want to paste the values in place - it would
need a slight modification (i.e. do <copy> outside of recording the
macro) to enable him to paste the values into a separate sheet. Then he
would have to highlight the range, click <copy>, move to the cell(s) in
the other sheet and then CTRL-SHIFT-P - not really much of a shortcut
!!

Pete

Dave Peterson wrote:
> I think that you'll find that Pete's suggestion will work.
>
> As will this:
>
> How about just adding another icon to your favorite toolbar.
>
> Tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category
> scroll down the right hand side and drag "paste values" to that favorite
> toolbar.
>

> Sirritys wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for help.
> >
> > However I think that is not going to work for me, since I need to copy
> > paste a lot from different sheets and stuff :-/
> >
> > Pete_UK kirjoitti:
> >
> > > It is quite easy to define a macro to do this for you. Highlight a
> > > range, then turn the macro recorder on (Tools | Macro | Record new
> > > macro) and define a keyboard shortcut, eg CTRL-SHIFT-P - you might also
> > > like to locate the macro in personal.xls using the pull-down. While the
> > > macro recorder is running, click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special |
> > > Values (check) then OK followed by <Esc>. Then click <close> on the
> > > macro recorder icon.
> > >
> > > In future, all you will need to do is highlight your range and do
> > > CTRL-SHIFT-P to fix the values.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Pete

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
pashurst (2576)
8/2/2006 12:04:09 PM
Just what I wanted, thx ;-)

Pete_UK kirjoitti:

> I thought the OP would want to paste the values in place - it would
> need a slight modification (i.e. do <copy> outside of recording the
> macro) to enable him to paste the values into a separate sheet. Then he
> would have to highlight the range, click <copy>, move to the cell(s) in
> the other sheet and then CTRL-SHIFT-P - not really much of a shortcut
> !!

Ah.  Copying first, then recording the macro when paste special may have been
what the OP wanted.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Pete

Sirritys wrote:
> Just what I wanted, thx ;-)
>
> Pete_UK kirjoitti:
>
> > I thought the OP would want to paste the values in place - it would
> > need a slight modification (i.e. do <copy> outside of recording the
> > macro) to enable him to paste the values into a separate sheet. Then he
> > would have to highlight the range, click <copy>, move to the cell(s) in
> > the other sheet and then CTRL-SHIFT-P - not really much of a shortcut
> > !!

0
pashurst (2576)
8/2/2006 2:25:19 PM
Sirritys wrote:
> or can I define one ?
>
> I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
> right click menu every time
>
> Regards,
> Sirritys

Alt + E S V <enter>

I use it dozens of time a day and it takes a fraction of a second.

Jason
0
zeugma (59)

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Macro to copy paste values based on cell input ...
Hi, First of all thanks a lot for your assistance. I did spend some time researching the excel community and trying few codes but I was not able to find modify one to fit my needs, so I am hoping that someone can help figure out why the code I wrote below does not work (I know it is not the best coding possible but if works I am set :-) Any other suggestions are welcome of course :-) Cell A44 value changes (1 to 12) based on user selection (month of a date in another worksheet). =MONTH('Direct Cat_Infl&Perf'!J3) columns B to M are respectivelly, Jan to Dec a...

make paste values only a ctrl-key?
Thanks for any help. I do paste values-only alot, and can I make this a control key? So when I do ctrl-Z or some other key, it will paste value only whatever is in the clipboard? I looked in help>keyboard shortcuts, but couldn't find anything about setting keys. Thanks First, ctrl-z is the shortcut for edit|undo. I wouldn't use that combo. Saved from a previous post: I think you had a workbook that contained a macro that had a shortcut that used ctrl-shift-v to do the paste special. (I don't recall it ever being in excel.) Instead of a workbook, macro, shortcut, you co...

Paste Values Based on Conditional Value
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 201...

Find formulas w links to other files and paste values
I'm trying to find a way to highlight all cells in one go which hav links to other files. My next step would be to copy and then past values. This in order to speed up the file's calculations when forward the file to other people who don't have access to the sam external file. Does anyone know how to highlight all cells with external links?? Thanks! //Mattia -- bjar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bjare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1619 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Marco to copy and paste values based on cell value (cont)
Hi - I am reposting my question as I made a mistake on the ranges also I think that momentum has been lost as the question was put last night ... Thank you guys for your help! Here is my post from last night with corrections --- First of all thanks a lot for your assistance. I did spend some time researching the excel community and trying few codes but I was not able to find modify one to fit my needs, so I am hoping that someone can help figure out why the code I wrote below does not work (I know it is not the best coding possible but if works I am set :-) Any other sugge...

Pivot table format on paste values
Hi, I've constructed a working file with numerous pivot tables to be used in reports. what i would like to do is paste these sheets into a new book as values and still retain the Excel 2007 formats. As i have multiple pivot tables on one worksheet when i copy and paste into the new sheet i lose all the pivot table formatting eg total lines and the standard blue headings? it seems i can simply highlight one pivot and copy and paste this as values and source formats but it does not work when copying the whole sheet - which i need as this is a very repetitive task if i have to r...

I cannot paste values as numbers
I copied a column of data off the internet, tried pasting both as Special (Values) and normal. In both cases the column with #s does not 'take'. Even though I set the formatting as Number/2 Decimal Places it will not add the decimal places nor will it sort. I copied and tried to repaste as Special/Values an no matter what I do it won't recognize as #s. Any thoughts appreciated. create a new column. Multiply the value in your existing column by 1, thus forcing the numeric format. "msnyc07" wrote: > I copied a column of data off the internet,...

Copy and Paste Values
We have a field that contains $ amount. This field is being updated in a daily basis using a pivot table. Currentlly this field loks like this: As of 8/17/06 = $100 and this figure is being updated in a daily basis so the following date, it will look like this: As of 8/18/06 - $120. However, we want to track that field in a daily basis. Meaning: 8/17/06 = $100 8/18/06 = $120 8/19/06 = ... We would want to programmatically copy and paste this as values to a calendar of days so we can track it in a daily basis. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. ...

Paste Values Macro
Hi I run Excel 2K Is there some code that allows you to have a macro button on the tool bar that initiates Edit, Paste Special, Values ? If there is where do I put it to be available to all workbooks? I use this function quite a lot and it would be easier if I had a macro button that done it for me. Thanks in advance John No need for a macro. In the Commands pane of the Tools/Customize/Customize Toolbars/Menus dialog, choose Edit in the Categories listbox, then scroll down to Paste Values in the Commands listbox. Drag the control to whatever toolbar you wish. In article <96...

Paste Values Only
Excel2003 WindowsXP I know I saw the answer in this forum before. I have an Excel spreadsheet. The cells have formulas in them. You only see the formula when you attempt to edit the cells contents. If I cut/paste outside of this worksheet as a value..the values appear to have a few more decimal places that the original values. All I want to do is keep the values on the same page and modify the values without the formula constantly turning on. I cannot turn it off..nor can I cut/paste it successfully to another worksheet. There was a simple solution to this once before..I think it had to do ...

Keyboard Shortcut for "Paste Values"?
Hello Please help - the keyboard shortcut for "Paste" is "CTRL-V". What is the shortcut for "Paste Values" [i.e., the equivalent using the mouse to click "Paste - Paste Special - Values - Ok"?] Thank you!! I do not know one but there is a button for it. Right click toolbar, customize, Commands, Edit, Paste Values (icon) "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78D10DD9-385F-4B9F-BEC7-82A4CCB3CD4E@microsoft.com... > Hello > > Please help - the keyboard shortcut for "Paste" is > "CTRL-...

paste VALUES ONLY of range to next empty row on another sheet
Have 2 sheets, source and destination. Source has data linked from othe sheets (so there are formulas) and is updated frequently. I need t copy this data to the next empty record in the destination sheet (th values only, NO formulas) one by one, that is whenever i update th source sheet, i want to copy this to the destination sheet so i have permanent record of it. I can get this to work for a single record ( row), but not for multiple rows, even when i set the range to multipl rows (see comments in code)...any help appreciated! 'code modified from Ron de Bruin (http://www.rondebruin.n...

Copy Paste Values with array formula
Using XL 2003 Home & 2000 Work Used VBA to populate a range with array formulas. Then copy-paste-values. All seemed predictable except that: every cell in that range had " ' " (single quote) inserted at the beginning of each cell or, " ' " plus the calculated looked-up value, if any. I perceive that " ' " " may force a cell format to "text" (The range was/is formatted "General") That said, why did either VBA and/or XL cause the " ' " entry into each cell? Or did I answer my question two lines a...

Find number in Row 1, Copy Paste Values in Rows below
I'm looking for help with a macro that will allow me to find every column (from D:W) with a number in row1 (any number) and will copy the formula on row 2 to row 100 on that column. For example: if cell D1 = 3 then copy the formula on D2 and paste on D3:D100 (also, IF POSSIBLE, copy D3:D100 AGAIN and paste as values on the same range) repeat for all column where row1 has a number Any help would be appreciated. Give this macro a try... Sub CopyFormulas() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Range("D1:W1").SpecialCells( _ xlCellTypeCon...

I need my macro to copy/paste Values, not format.
While this is not crucial, it would help quite a bit if someone can assist me with this. First let me show you what I got: Sub findbottom() ' ' Sheets("Sheet2").Range("E10").Copy Destination:= _ Sheets("Sheet 1").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _ ..Offset(1, 0) ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub The macro above copies cell E10 from sheet2 and pastes it into column B in sheet 1... going down a row with each pasting. The problem I'm having is that it actually copies the cell's format and any comments it may co...

Paste values and Number format
In a file, I had a column set to have 1 decimal place. When I paste values from another area, the formatting does not stay, but instead the number of decimal places from the original spot is used. Even if I change the number format afterward, it will not take. If I type in a number in that cell, it will round to the correct decimal place. If I create a new file, the number format works. This file has conditional formatting, but if I remove it, the decimal place problem remains. What else can I try to troubleshoot this? Hi maybe use 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regard...

Modify code from paste values to change font color / multiple rang
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out modify a code that currently paste values to change the font color to automatic or black and to add multiple ranges (new ranges are E8:E17, E24:E33,E40:E49 and E56:E81) The current code is below and works Great! Thanks to everyone that helped/will help me out!! Sub PVPrImpct() With Range("b48:b74").Offset(, Worksheets( _ "Summary by month MTD").Range("A4") - 1) .Value = .Value End With End Sub Thanks again! I'm not sure if those ranges are before the offset or after... ...

How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?
It used to be possible to do it, but suddenly it seems that Excel assign user-defined shortcuts only as Alt+letter and nothing more complicated than that. Is there way how to get around? Thanks, Matej Hi Matej You can use Ctrl-C to Copy, Ctrl-X to Cut, Ctrl-V to Paste Regards Roger Govier ceplma@gmail.com wrote: > It used to be possible to do it, but suddenly it seems that Excel > assign user-defined shortcuts only as Alt+letter and nothing more > complicated than that. Is there way how to get around? > > Thanks, > > Matej > Hi Matej, Yes, I think the dialo...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

Copy/Paste Values code
Is there a faster way to copy and paste one entire worksheets data into another existing worksheet? I do NOT want to rename the sheets. Code below is what I'm using now but it seems that there should be a simpler way. Thanks! Sub CopySheets() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Give this a try... Sub...

paste values without copy-paste values
Can I replace the copy-paste values code with something like <range>.cells(i,j).value = <range>.cells(k,l).formula ? (or .text or .? or ....) I have a standard list with standard columns, and operational lists with subsets of columns. I also have an equivalence table between columns, to accomodate for titleswitching, missing columns and changes in the order. Now when I try a nested loop for rows and columns, applying a "<standardlistrange>.cells(i,j).formula = <operationalrange>.cells(i,k).value" formula to every cell, I get good results, ...

PASTE SPECIAL
There are times when PASTE SPECIAL opens up a window to allow pasting o values/formulae/format/etc. At times, going to the same EDIT/PASTE SPECIAL menu, opens up anothe window asking only to paste UNICODE or TEXT, not showing the options o values/formulae/format/etc. See the pictures of the two distinct paste special windows. Why am I getting this variation, and how can I always get th values/formulae/format window? Thanks [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_good.jpg] [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_bad.jpg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I didn't open...

I'm Paste values stupid
I'm trying to do something very simple. I go to a sheet and select a range and click copy to copy a range. I switch to another workbook and click a button. The code attached to the button should paste values into the active sheet starting at cell "A3". It's ridiculous because this should be easy; I even recorded a macro to do this and the recording fails. Microsoft hasn't improved this yet????? Here is some of the code I've tried: ActiveSheet.Range("A3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Cells.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues ActiveSheet...

Paste values Changed