Internationalization for formulas & macros

Hi all,

I have a relative who send me some Excel spreadsheet (97, 2000 or XP
that contains formulas and macros written in english.

However, I have a french version of Excel. Because of this, I can'
open these spreadsheets.

My question is quite simple.
Is there a tool or an easy way to convert all formulas & macros withi
a spreadsheet from english to french?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank'

--
micto
mictou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1637

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
normally this should not be an issue. VBA is for all excel versions
since Excel 97 pure English. Also Excel would convert functions
automatically to your native language (except the ones from the
Analysis Toolpak addin)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16371
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

What could keep formulas from recalculating?
I have a workbook that I received from a company with which I do business. On it are several worksheets (tabs). On one sheet, if I go to enter a formula in a cell, it displays it as text instead of calculating a value. For example, if I type =A1+A2 it will display that exact text in the cell as opposed to displaying the sum of cells A1 and A2. On other worksheets in the same workbook, entering formulas seems to work just fine. I have checked in Options, and auto-calc is checked (pressing F9 also has no effect). I can only assume that there is some setting of which I am unaware that is prev...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Macros/Signatures Question
I have an Excel Workbook that I created for a PC Order Form. I set it up to only make certain rows visible based on the Machine Model that they choose. I digital signed the Worksheets and exported the Digital Signature Certificate and installed it on the User’s PCs. The code works great. The user opens the Workbook and it runs the Macros with no problem. The problem I have is when the user goes to save the Workbook. They get an error that “Excel can not sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. Do you want to remove the digital signature and continue saving this workbook?”...

Macro Copy and Paste
I am currently trying to copy from one workbook that has 7 differen tabs and paste into one worksheet on a separate master workbook. M problem is that when I set up the macro to copy from one of the tabs i the workbook and paste to the other work book, I only want the the row to come in where there is data. Currently I am having to run a macr that takes every 100 lines, but ideally I only want the informatio copy and pasted where there is only data. In addition, once I have copy and pasted everything from the first tab my next step is to copy and paste information from the second tab t th...

Referring to a FileName in Macro
I have a Macro with the following code Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" TestQry is the name of the file. Is there anyway that this macro cod can refer to the activeWorkbook or filename so that if the file i saved to a new name this macro will still ru -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about just: macro2 or even call macro2 "DoctorV <" wrote: > > I have a Macro with the following code > > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" > &g...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

R-squared formula
I was just wondering if anybody knows the formula for the r-squared value for a power curve. Excel states that it uses a transformed r-squared value. I am trying to calculate the value by doing the mathematical calculations in the spreadsheet. I have gotten the correct equation that the chart shows, but I can't seem to get the correct r-squared value. The formulas that they give are: R^2 = 1-(SSE/SST) SSE = E(Yi-Yi^)^2 SST = (EYi^2)-(EYi)^2/n E is the best I can get to a sigma in this. Sigma is the sign to sum up all the indicated values. Yi is the original Y values. Yi^ ...

Spreadsheet macro stopped working!
Hi, I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score. The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets: Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some specific). I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics" sheet with information about stroke number and points for ...

Excel formula #9
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what I want.: if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? > > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell ...

Increasing Month only in formula
Kindly i need help on below: i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so on by simple dragging. is that possible? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:53:01 -0800, Malla <Malla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Kindly i need help on below: > >i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" >in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so o...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Excel E-mail Macros
I need to know how to create a macro that will send an excel file as an attachment to one individual, and then send one of the file's worksheets to 3 e-mail addresses using the mail recipient method so that the worksheet appears in the body of the e-mail. The e-mail program I am using is Outlook. Any help with this will be GREATLY appreciatd. Hi John, I'd tell you, but Ron de Bruin already did all the work. It'd be silly for me to do it again...Try Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm tim "John" <jbegley@dcas.nyc.gov> wrote in message ne...

format macro
Last week, Art was trying to help me with this, but the solution doesn't work for me. I'm looking for a macro that would be contained within my personal.xls, that I could use as needed. Lets say I have A1:C5 selected, which represent headdings and data for jan, feb and march. [On a different spreadsheet, it may be different columns, or a different number of columns. The point is that I will select the range before I run the macro.] I want to do an auto fit for each column, so that the column widths are big enough to fit the numbers. No problem, format-->column-->autof...

How Many Days Since... Formula -Help
Hi, can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet tracking several different Departments in our company and how often they have an accident. I need to track how many days they go without an accident. So if Dept A had their latest accident yesterday. And if someone opens the spreadsheet in 3 days, it should say "4 days w/o an accident for Dept A. I'm sure this can be done, I just have no idea how :roll: Thanks in advance, Scotty Assuming 8/5/2003 is the start date... =TODAY()-"8/8/2003"&" Days w/o an accident for Dept A" Lance >-----Original Message----- &...

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...

Tracking changes to a cell containing formula
I want to track changes to cells because a formula calculates a ne value, not because i changed directly the value of a cell. the excel help indicate the following: Cells that change because a formula calculates a new value---> To fin cells that change due to recalculation, use the tools on the Auditin toolbar. How to do that? The formula auditing toolbar doesn't seem to hav something like that... Thanks for your tim -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at 'Tools - Track changes' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to track ch...

Macro #17
Does anyone have a Macro to edit a cell to add "=" sign at the beginning of the data Thanks, Alexandra can you be more pacific ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" Range(" ").Select Alexandra wrote: > > Does anyone have a Macro to edit a cell to add "=" sign at the beginning of the data? > > Thanks, Alexandra ...

macro problems!
i have a check box whose control source is: =[Total In Stock]-[reorderlevel]<=0 how can i set the control to only be visible if this check box is true? tried macro and vba, but can't quite work it out. thanks in advance Paul ...

shorter macro
is there a way to shorten this macro to make it run faster thanks JD Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I").Select Range("I1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=6 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P").Select Range("J1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=4 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U").Select Range("U1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=7 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U,V:V,W:W,X:X").Select Range(&q...