Integer and Decimal

Hello:

Using Excel 2002 (XP)

I know how to remove the Integer of 14.67 and end up with .67.  But how can
one remove the decimal portion and leave the existing Integer 14?

Thanks,

Mark

0
none8133 (148)
3/25/2007 8:26:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

    =INT(14.67)

In article <uF2MpvxbHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
 "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Using Excel 2002 (XP)
>
> I know how to remove the Integer of 14.67 and end up with .67.  But how can
> one remove the decimal portion and leave the existing Integer 14?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/25/2007 8:46:39 PM
Thanks JE!!!
MC

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> One way:
>
>    =INT(14.67)
>
> In article <uF2MpvxbHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
> "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> Using Excel 2002 (XP)
>>
>> I know how to remove the Integer of 14.67 and end up with .67.  But how
>> can
>> one remove the decimal portion and leave the existing Integer 14?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark

0
none8133 (148)

Excel's COMBIN and integers
In theory COMBIN works with integers in Excel (2003 and 2007). So "=COMBIN(9,3)" gives 84 and so does "=COMBIN(9.7,3.6)". Similarly "=COMBIN(9,3)-84" gives 0. But "=COMBIN(9,3)-84-0" gives -1.42109E-14 and there are many similar examples suggesting that some sort of rounding is involved. The sign can even change so for example "=COMBIN(15,3)-455-0" gives 5.68434E-14 =IF(COMBIN(9,3)=84,"same","different") and =IF(COMBIN(9,3)-84=0,"same","different") do not give identical results. Nor do ...

How do I extract the decimal places from a number in excel?
I need to produce a spreadsheet that rights the example: 1,245.89 as one two four five 89. I've tried the left and right formulaes and the len one but the numbers will change in length and may have zero decimals at the end too. Not sure how to set this up now. Need the numbers in seperate cells, currently have the following formula for the second number and so forth: RIGHT(LEFT(B3,2),1) Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Hi, Do the two formula do what you want =INT(B3) =MOD(B3,1) Mike "Marli" wrote: > I need to produce a spreadsh...

Word destrots the comma as decimal divider in Excel
I have a really really annoying experience with Excel, 2000 as well as 2003. Sometimes, it is not possible to write a formula like 1000*9/7,5. Excel reports error in the formula and it is the , comma that does it. It occurs not in all my Excel files, just to add to the hopeless situation. This only occurs if a Word document has been opened. Only (?=) way to solve it is to close Word and Excel. Any other had this nasty experience? Maybe your windows regional setting uses a dot as the decimal point. Does it work with =1000*9/7.5 If you want to change the character that is used for the...

Different decimal places in a Row
We would like to setup a calculation row in FRx where some columns show one decimal place while the other does not show any decimal place. This is to display a particular cell with different decimal places. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Decimal places in mail merge
I am trying to mail merge from an Excel spreadsheet and one of the fields I am using is a calculated currency field (weekly pay). The problem I'm having is because it is a calculated field the decimal point carries out to like 10 places. Here are the different steps I have tried to fix it, all to no avail: 1. In the Excel spreadsheet I have replaced the formulas with the values and set the format to number with the decimal places at two. In the merge it still carries it out 10 or so places. 2. In the Excel spreadsheet I have set the values format as general, with 2 d...

Move decimal to the right 3 spaces
Is there a formula that can make 2.1 equal 2100; so in the other words would like to have the decimal move to the right 3 spaces. Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your value is in A1, then just =A1*1000 -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

64-bit Integer Math
Hi there. I'm having a bit of trouble with some 64-bit Integer Math in a simple dialog-based app of mine - I could do with some help.... I am ultimately trying to calculate and display the % of available diskspace remaining on a drive. I populated the following 2 ariables using a call to GetDiskFreeSpaceEx: ULARGE_INTEGER llFreeBytesAvailable = 19958366208 ULARGE_INTEGER llTotalNumberOfBytes = 40007729152 //Here's where my mathematics go a bit dodgy.... double percentageBytesAvailable = ???..... Any help would be appreciated! ================== len wrote: > Hi there. I'...

howto convert a table field from double precision into long integer with a query
I have to convert the source table field to the exact same destination table with conversion of 1 field double percision into long integer Can someone help me out? Thanx Here's a Data Definition Language (DDL) query example: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#ModifyFieldDDL -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bart" <vdb@telenet.be> wrote in message news:6aef4c39-557c-4401-841a-efba8af6d7db@c16g2000yqd.googlegroup...

Money 2004 "forgets" where to put the decimal
I'm having trouble with my new Money 2004. I downloaded the trial version, then upgraded online. First there was a problem with the sounds not being included (by which I mean basic sounds like the start-up music or the "click" when a transaction is completed, not the audio help). Now I have a problem with it "forgetting" the settings I use on the Tools|Options menu--one specifically. When I go to Tools|Options and click the Editing tab, I can click a check box to "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field". But when I exit out of Money and come b...

Convert decimal character
I’m importing values from several web queries. Some have “.” to separate decimals and some have “,”. Excel considered the values with “,” as numbers, and the values with “.” as texts so I cant calculate with them. How can I convert “.” to “,” so they become numbers and I can calculate with them? On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 01:47:01 -0700, "Geir Berge" <Geir Berge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I�m importing values from several web queries. Some have �.� to separate >decimals and some have �,�. Excel considered the values with �,� as numbers, >and the values with...

how to change a decimal number (minutes) into hours and minutes?
Greetings, I'm trying to convert a number (which represents minutes, e.g. 156) into an hour and minutes format. The result would be 2:36. Anybody knows how to do this? Thanks a lot, Erwin Try this: If your minutes value is in A1 =A1/(24*60) Note: (24hours in a day*60minutes per hour) Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Erwin" wrote: > Greetings, > > I'm trying to convert a number (which represents minutes, e.g. 156) into an > hour and minutes format. The result would be 2:36. > Anybody knows how to do this? > > Thanks a lot, > Erwin...

Exchange Rate Decimal Places
Hi Is there anyway to increase the decimal places for an exchange rate? (More than 7) I have many bank Trx and transfers with big amounts and I need the rate to be more precise. I tried both the multiply and division methods but not getting the amounts I need. Any suggestions? Thanks. Kam Kam, No, unfortunately it doesn't look like it. While the exchange rate is a variable currency type, the decimals was set to 7 which cannot be modified by the end user. And as a core datatype, it cannot be modified with Dexterity either - so your stuck with 7 it looks like. patrick deve...

Format Options for Integers
Currently, all integers in MSCRM ar formatted to show a comma. This is problematic in many scenarios. will the next release include the option to format Integers with/without commas (field level)? --Dodd ...

Extra 1 showing up in 15th decimal place
I'm using Excel 2000 with SR-1. I enter a value of 9.1173 in cell A1, and 9.3213 in B1. I set C1 equal to B1 - A1. I select the entire sheet, format cells as numbers with 4 decimal places. I highlight column C, and conditional format it with two conditions. If the cell value equals .204 the cell should color itself green, if the cell value does not equal .204 the cell should color itself red. The cell is colored red. Expanding the number of decimal places for the entire worksheet shows me a 1 in the fifteenth decimal place of cell C1. This happens for a whole range of values that I...

Determining the Integer associated with a String
Can anyone point me to a source to get the Integer to String relationship in GP 9.0? Today I'm looking for RMA status. Thanks, Carolyn Thanks but nevermind, I found it in additional field information. "cbushnell" wrote: > Can anyone point me to a source to get the Integer to String relationship in > GP 9.0? > Today I'm looking for RMA status. > > Thanks, > Carolyn ...

formula for converting decimal to inch & fraction
Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? I am using Excel 2000. Thank you for your help. select the cell and pull-down: Format > Cells... > Fraction and the pick a suitable form. -- Gary's Student "davepatrob" wrote: > > Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? > I am using Excel 2000. > Thank you for your help. ...

Decimal data type in access
Hi I need to know how to create a table with the 'decimal' data type in MS Access , via the create table statement. using create table testtable(testcol decimal(10,2) null) obviously doesn't work. hi "Patty O'Dors" <PattyODors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAF22A5A-ABF4-4055-9969-CDB31AAF0216@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to create a table with the 'decimal' data type in MS > Access , via the create table statement. using > create table testtable(testcol decimal(10,2) null) > obviously doesn't ...

decimal issue
Hello, I have the following code but can not get the text box on the form to have any decimal places. I have put in a general number and 2 decimal places in the property area for the box but it still will not give me any it rounds to the whole number Private Sub Finish_OEE_Availability_AfterUpdate() Me.Finish_OEE_Availability = (Me.Hours_Run_Finish / Me.Planned_Run_Time_Finish) End Sub On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:53:01 -0700, jtfalk <jtfalk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have the following code but can not get the text box on the form to ...

Numbers appearing in decimal form
When I type a number into a cell, it shows up as a decimal place. For example: if I type 8, it shows up as .08 This just started happening, I haven't made any changes to my settings. Thanks for any help. check tools>options>edit>fixed decimal places -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mike" <mmk412@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:955601c3b687$25904d40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I type a number into a cell, it shows up as a decimal > place. For example: if I type 8, it shows up as .08 > This just started happening, I haven't made an...

Currency wise Decimal places for Extended prices
I'm updating sales transaction using eConnect during the process when I tried to update extended price field with 3 decimal places it throws error. I have even created a new currency and have set the decimal places for it as 4. But even then, if more than 2 decimal places are passed, it throws error. Is it due to any setup mismatch? If so, where to check for it? Please clarify. Thanks. ...

Format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 decimal plac #2
Hi, Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations up or down while the acounts package does. I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate to 2 decimal places. Thanks, Phill. yes it is possible. select the whole sheet ...

decimal value in append table
In append query:I have a calculated field that results in a decimal value. The value is correct until I append to a tabel, then I get a zero. I have set the data type for the field to:" number" and properties to: double, percent, 1 decimal place ( and tried all other sorts of combinations) but can't get past this. Percent takes the number and multiplies it by 100. This could easily cause a 0. Also if you have a number like 1.02 formatted to one decimal place, it will show 1.0. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicyc...

MS MONEY 2007 DECIMAL PLACES
I WANT TO DISPLAY MORE THAN 2 DECIMAL PLACES IN MS MONEY PORTFOLIO..ESPECIALLY WITH QUANTITY OF STOCK, You need to customize the portfolio view - click on 'Change portfolio view', which is on the left hand side of the portfolio manager page, and select 'customize current view. Click on portfolio columns and select the one you want to see more decimal places for, and enter the number in the decimal places box http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/408.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes ...

Decimal Hours ?
I have a project which requires me to show time as Decimal hours, i.e. 08:30 = 08:50 etc. Does anyone know how I would go about this or is their a setting within excel to display time as decimal hours? Thanks in advance Phil Phil, Multiply the time value by 24. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Phil Jones" <PJ@NOSPAM_pos-online.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23Z8W51SiDHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a project which requires me to show time as Decimal hours, i.e. 08:30 > = 08:50 etc. > > Does a...

data labels
I've checked several times, and I am having this problem. I have a workbook with 12 sheets, each with it's own chart (the charts link only to the sheet they are on, if that matters). Even after formatting data labels as percentages, sometimes they revert to decimals. I used XY chart labeler to put them on, and they are linked to cells. The cells are formatted as percentage also. I've gone through and seen it doing this a few days ago, and changed them all to percentage again. Now, many of them are decimals. Any idea why this would be happening? I think a solution would be to c...