Installed MS Office and Recent Documents Keep Disappearring

Having Windows 7 on new machine, installed MS Office 2007, but have a problem
with program displaying recent documents.
Set up shows 17 documents in Advanced settings.
Have to open documents from Word/Excel directory, and it then shows in
recent document list. Remains listed for the day.
load up next day, and no documents listed.
If anyone can advise what can be done to correct would be appreciated.
Regards
Phil B

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

MS Outlook Installation Problem
I have installed MS Outlook from my Office 2003 CD. When i open the program up, I cannot get to the Calender. I go to the VIEW menu and I still cannot get to the Calender. i want to use Outlook vive Outlook Express on my home computer. Any suggestions of what i may be doing wrong that wil allow me to see the calender?? Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express are two different programs. Only = Outlook 2003 has a calendar feature. What are the exact symptoms that = you see when you click on the Calendar button in Outlook 2003?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Prog...

windows updates installation fails
Hello there, I am using XP Pro sp3, I just installed it and when running the windows updates from IE I am able to download the updates bu then the installation fails. How can I delete all downloads and reset the windows client update settings? Thank you, T Which is the update(s) failing to install? Further information required: How to view the Update log in Windows Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log and then click OK. Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate the error code(s) associated with the ...

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Cannot Install Exchange 2003
Ok, I'm, stuck. I have completed all prerequisites for Exchange 2003 install and still receive this error when Site Replication Service is being installed: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Services with error code 0xC1030B11 (please consult the Installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.. I have done everything in MS KB 83395 on this and still it continues to fail. the one problem I have with the KB article is that it tells you to change the passwords for this service to be the same on the...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

Outlook shortcuts for CRM keep disappearing
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM in outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon that is causing this problem. Thanks, Sophie On Jun 11, 12:06=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM i= n > outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? > > We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon th= a...

Ms Bug!
This is from Michael K. O'Neill's post who index is : microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui:57921 microsoft.public.vc.mfc:446174 Title: "Unwanted Background Erase with WS_CLIPCHILDREN" Mike's post has attached the demo project. +------------View-------------+ | | | CTabCtrl | | +-----------------------+ | | | CPage1 /2/3 | | | | +--------------+ | | | | | CListCtrl | | | | | +--------------+ | | | +-----------------------+ | +-----------------------------+ The create order is m_Page1...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

OPENING A DOCUMENT
Hello I've saved a path and filename to a record. How do I read that record and open the relevant document ie phil.doc as a word document or phil.xls as a excel document,alter this document and save again? If you saved it as a hyperlink, you can open the document just by clicking the link. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SetHyperlink.mdb" which illustrates both how to save a document name as a hyperlink and also how it calls up the document. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersacc...

Inconsistency between memory usage and speed with big documents
I have a big (2 columns, 32000 rows, 10Meg) simple html file looking like this: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd"> <HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type> <STYLE type=text/css> TR.d0 TD { BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cc9999; COLOR: black } TR.d1 TD { BACKGROUND-COLOR: #9999cc; COLOR: black } </STYLE> </HEAD>...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

data available to MS Access
I'm not able to see the multiple entries of a sharepoint item with a mulit-line text column --I can only access the text of the last entry. With other multi-value columns (attachments, single-line text, numbers, etc), I don't have a problem getting the multiple entries. ...

auto open jpeg attachments in outlook, office xp
In outlook express I had it set somehow to automatically open pics(jpeg)for viewing when the e-mails were open. The pics would display in the main e-mail body. How can I set outlook in office xp to do that? Can anyone smarter than me help? (that likely means anyone one reading this!) Help.....he....lp... Is it a security setting I'm missing? Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. This may make it easier for you to view: http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archives/000254.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, One...

Frontpage required during Office 2007 in Vista
I have successfully installed MS Office 2007 Enterprise on Vista. When I opened MS Word files, everything looks fine. Typing in other language (Korean) forced MS Office to look up FrontPage and got an error message saying "Insert Windos Office XP Professional with FrontPage" I could not find FrontPage in the CD and could not resolve the problem yet. Welcome any idea of how to fix it, Thanks, Suggest you post to an Office or Word newsgroup or Forum - from your description the error may mention FrontPage, but has nothing to do with that program. No version of Offic...

Shifting my Office SB 2007 MLK OEM Software on another computer
Hello, I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM Software License. I want to format that PC because I have some OS issue. How can I De-Active that license? can I use that License key after format that PC? Thanks & Regards, Hitesh Prajapati "Hitehs Prajapati" <Hitehs Prajapati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133EC1A-50F6-43CD-986A-71AD8E0320FB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM > Software License. > > I want...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

File type converter install
I've received a docx file (Word 2007-type). My Word is 2000, so I can't open it. So I've downloaded a MS converter but when I try to install it, although it says 'satisfactorily installed' it's nowhere to be found so that I can actually use it. I would expect it to be listed in All Programs and/or to have its own desktop icon. Anyone any answers for me? You may say this should be queried on a Word NG, but I thought it more appropriate to ask on a Windows NG. Rob Graham Rob Graham <rttgraham@btinternet.com> �crivait news:1NidnSZoEImDiz_WnZ2dnUVZ...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Opening a Word document in Outlook 2003
Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? Hello Anthony, A> Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document A> opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view A> the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting A> so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? A> Open Word 2003. Click Tools / Opt...

Email message briefly appears in inbox, then "disappears"
Hello, I have a single user who does not receive emails from a third-party application. The application is configured with the users email address and the exchange mail server IP. The user can send email from this application, but cannot receive any email from other users who originate an email message from this third-party application. These messages are almost strictly internal to the company, and at the same physical location. The user cannot receive an email that they have sent to themselves from this application either. I have exchange 2003 and have tracked these messages and fr...

why now are all my documents shown as a paint file?
I click on a document and paint tries to open it and says it is not a valid graphic file. I don't want paint to open it. I want word to open it and am still trying to figure out how this happens and get my documents shown with little text icons instead of the paint icon... in spite of this I do like windows seven. charlie Something (or someone) inadvertently changed your file association for .DOC files. To fix: 1.) Open Windows Explorer 2.) Naviage to where you have a document (.doc or .docx) file (If you don't have file extensions showing, you may need to eith...

Using text to colums, but need to keep decimals
I have a column of prices that I need to split into two columns, but need to keep the decimal and leading zeros if applicable , fo example: 102.46558 99.054 when split needs to be 102 .46558 99 .054 there will only be two or three digits in front of the decimal, bu those ater it will vary. This will save me two days of work if I can get this done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohagany, Assuming your prices are in A1 down, in B1 enter =Trunc(A1) and in C1 enter = A1 - B1 Drag the cells B1 and C1 down as far as you need. --- Regards,...

how do I copy my calendar in office 2010?
I am trying to make a copy to back up on an external hard drive but cant find how to do this. I dont want to delete info. Find the pst and make a copy. By default, outlook 2010 puts them in the documents folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Out...