Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista - How?

I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support
files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder.  Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or
I can't find it under Vista.  Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes
the place of the above folder under XP?

Thanks.
0
RStanford (1)
5/26/2007 1:23:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi R

If you want to see it in the Add-in list without browsing to the file then copy it in
the Library folder

See how on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"RStanford" <RStanford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0B4FD4-47EE-46A1-89F1-596A9080DD68@microsoft.com...
>I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support
> files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder.  Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or
> I can't find it under Vista.  Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes
> the place of the above folder under XP?
>
> Thanks.
0
rondebruin (3790)
5/26/2007 1:45:55 PM
Have you tried it in c:\Program files\Microsoft office\office\addins?

You may have to substitute Office10, Office11 for the second "office" in
that string.

You will need local admin permissions to save to that folder (or All Users
under XP for that matter)
--
Adam Vero
MCP, MOS Master, MLSS, CWNA

"RStanford" wrote:

> I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support
> files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder.  Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or
> I can't find it under Vista.  Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes
> the place of the above folder under XP?
>
> Thanks.
0
AdamV (25)
5/27/2007 3:50:00 PM
Just go to Office Button > Excel option > Add In  then in Manage Drop Down select Excel Add-ins and click go.
Then Click on Browse button, copy and paste your add In File. Check the box besides your add in and restart excel...

RStanfor wrote:

Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista - How?
26-May-07

I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support
files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder.  Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or
I can't find it under Vista.  Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes
the place of the above folder under XP?

Thanks.

On Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:23 AM
RStanfor wrote:

Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista - How?
I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support
files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder.  Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or
I can't find it under Vista.  Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes
the place of the above folder under XP?

Thanks.

On Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:45 AM
Ron de Bruin wrote:

Hi RIf you want to see it in the Add-in list without browsing to the file then
Hi R

If you want to see it in the Add-in list without browsing to the file then copy it in
the Library folder

See how on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"RStanford" <RStanford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0B4FD4-47EE-46A1-89F1-596A9080DD68@microsoft.com...

On Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:50 AM
Adam wrote:

RE: Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista - How?
Have you tried it in c:\Program files\Microsoft office\office\addins?

You may have to substitute Office10, Office11 for the second "office" in
that string.

You will need local admin permissions to save to that folder (or All Users
under XP for that matter)
--
Adam Vero
MCP, MOS Master, MLSS, CWNA
http://veroblog.wordpress.com
http://www.meteorit.co.uk

"RStanford" wrote:

JavaScript Sortable Grid (With Form Elements)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/99ebe075-2b8e-427d-9ded-40592aac5195/javascript-sortable-grid.aspx
0
Vicharak

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Excel 2007

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Exchange 2007 across account search

Excel Problem