inserting

How do you insert more than one row at a time?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
just select some rows before inserting rows

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do you insert more than one row at a time?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/10/2004 4:43:29 PM
Select as many rows as you wish to insert by clicking on the row number and
dragging down.
It doesn't matter if the rows have data or not.
XL will count the selection and insert that number of rows, starting at the
row number you first clicked on.
--

HTH,

RD

"aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
How do you insert more than one row at a time?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Insert last saved date into header
I am using Excel 2003. I created a Macro with the following custom function: Function Last_Saved_Date() Last_Saved_Date = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent. _ BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time").Value End Function Then in a cell in the worksheet, I have it as "=Last_Saved_Date()" and I make sure to format the cell in a date format. Doing this, I am able to see the last saved date inside the worksheet. My questions are the following: 1. How do I have the header print at the top of each page, the last saved date of the file? May I use the contents of my Las...

How do you insert a phrase at the start of all cells in a column?
I am trying to insert the same phrase followed by a colon and a space in front of the text in all cells in a column. Is there a simple way to do this with find and replace? change mc to your column Sub insertphraseallcellsincolumn() Dim i As Long Dim mc As Long mc = 11 'col K For i = 2 To Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row If Len(Application.Trim(Cells(i, mc))) > 0 Then Cells(i, mc).Value = "new stuff " & Cells(i, mc) End If Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Elskan" <Elskan@dis...

inserting columsns variable range
hello all, i have a spreadsheet that is variable in range (number of columns can vary). i would like to create a macro that for each column in the worksheet, two new columns would be inserted to the left. i thought this would work, but i am running into problems... LastColumn = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _ SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column LC = LastColumn For i = 2 To LC If Cells(5, i + 1) <> "" Then Cells(5, i).Select Selection.EntireColumn.Insert ...

Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table x
Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035. We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity columns. I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp). I took backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push subscription. To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at the publisher with the followig text: Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy') A conflict occurs with the following: This failure can be caused by a constraint violation. Cannot insert explicit value for identity c...

Maintain formatting of sub project when inserted into master proje
I'm using Project 2007. I have a master project and have inserted some sub-projects into the master project. ('Link to project' was checked which is what I want.) I had applied formatting to the original sub-projects' gantt charts task bars e.g. sub-project1 task bars were green, sub-project2 task bars were red etc. I found that this formatting was lost after inserting the sub-projects into the master. The sub-projects assumed the formatting settings of the master. Is there a way to maintain sub-project formatting? Thanks -- FionaDM In article <000A42E...

Insert a hyperlink to section of Word doc in an outlook message
We run Outlook 2003 and Word 2000 on Windows XP. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a hyperlink in an email message that links to a particular section of a Word document. We have an office manual and when alterations get made, I email all staff and advise that Chapter XX of the manual has been amended and I've just been cutting and pasting that chapter of the manual to the notification email. I've worked out how to create a link to the manual, but not to link specifically to a particular chapter. I work for lazy people who will complain if they have to get to Chapter XX ...

Insert cell data every given amount of rows
I got one column with data. I want to insert a cell with text for a certain amount of rows in that column. How can I do that? Example with text for each 4 rows: From 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to 1 2 3 4 TEXT 5 6 7 8 TEXT 9 Regards Mike Try the following: Dim RowNdx As Long RowNdx = 4 Do Until Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "" Cells(RowNdx, "A").Insert Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "Text" RowNdx = RowNdx + 5 Loop -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike Mike"...

how do I insert a watermark onto an Excel spreadsheet?
I am able to insert a watermark onto a Word Document, but cant seem to do the same for Excel. Is there a way? Hi Anna, Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip If you don't care about printing do a search on Watermark in your Excel HELP. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exce...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I select a column or columns to enabalize inserting additional columns, nothing happens. I can't get columns to insert in either the page layout view or the normal view. Why is something so simple not working? All I get is a little paintbrush icon that wants me to decide if I want the formatting of the adjacent column or not. Please help, it can't be that hard! No offense, but my guess is that you're misinterpreting the feature & perhaps using it on a blank sheet. The command does not increase...

Inserting apostrophy also inserts a space which cannot be deleted
If I delete space which appears in front of apostrophy the apostrophy also disappears. What version Publisher? What font? Not all fonts are created equal. Can you highlight the space before the apostrophe without highlighting the apostrophe? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "N. Critchley" <N. Critchley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4476C6D7-C439-4E18-8CE1-95296D492BA1@microsoft.com... > If I delete space which appears in front of apostrophy the apostrophy also > disappears. ...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

How do I insert a page break on Microsoft Publisher?
I can only see where the page breaks when I go to Print Preview... How do I make it so I can see where the page breaks are while I'm working on the paper? im so la <im so la@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can only see where the page breaks when I go to Print Preview... > How do I make it so I can see where the page breaks are while I'm > working on the paper? Do you mean where the tile edges will be when you print the publication tile printed? I don't think this is possible. You can manually add ruler guides to show the edges,...

Insert row #2
Hello, I have a user that is trying to insert a row on one of four sheets in one excel file. On the first one he cannot insert a row but on the other three he can. The error message teels him that he cannot perform this function because it will lose data. I am not an expert on excel! Can anyone help me?? Thanks in advance Parker, Sounds like he accidentally put some values in the last row of that sheet. Go down to the last row and see what's there, and consider deleting all the rows between there and the area that he is actually using to get rid of any spurious values. HTH, Bern...

insert picture default file path
Hi! I would like to change the default file path for the isert picture button to go to our picture library on share point. Is this possible? Is it a registry setting or do I need to do it with vba and in that case do someone have an example of that? Thanks Lina See if this helps: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00167.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Lina" wrote: > Hi! > I would like to change the default file path for the isert picture button...

How do I view the ruler in an Outlook message and/or insert tabs?
I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how to view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the View drop down menu, but it's no longer there. Juli wrote: > I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how > to > view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the > View > drop down menu, but it's no longer there. What version of Outlook? Are you using Word as your editor? If so, click the little ruler icon on the right of the compos...

Formulas inserting from nowhere??
I'm working on a spreadsheet that I got from someone else (who got it elsewhere originally, so they don't know the answer either). I type a value in a cell and other cells automatically calculate. No big deal - except there are no formulas in those cells until I type a value in the first cell! There are no macros, no formulas in other unused cells, and no conditional formats that I can find. How does it do this??!? Ed Did you look for event macros under that worksheet? And you sure that any formulas weren't hidden by format|conditional formatting? Or even format|cells|prot...

How do I import or insert Publication drawings to word?
How do I import or insert Microsoft Publication drawings into Microsoft word documnet or other documnets like PDF etc? You can't import a Pub file into Word. You can print your Pub file as a ..pdf. Or are you saying that you don't have Publisher? What is it that you are trying to do? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "M.V." <MV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EA07B1-3CEB-41E8-B7B3-8E5DED9BEE90@microsoft.com... > > How do I import or insert Microsoft Publication drawings into Microsoft > word > documnet or other documn...

Inserted Symbols
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on some notes and have inserted open parenthesis in my notes to show a number of lines are related in notebook view. When I try to print the document the symbols do not print even though they show up in print preview, print layout, notebook layout and publishing layout. I have checked the boxes for drawing anchors and drawing objects in the preferences view and print menus Make sure the symbols are anchored in the TEXT not in the header or footer. Turn on Object Anchors in Word>Preferences>Vie...

Select and Insert one sheet from a multisheet excel template
Selecting and inserting a single sheet from a multi sheet template in excel would be of great benefit to me. I am using Office 2000 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b51733e7-1134-45d1-8f24-...

Chart
I use Excel 2007. I have a chart with a 'line' shape. I see the shape in edit mode, print preview, and also when printed. However, when I share the file with my boss (who uses vs. 2003) she can see the line shape but when she prints it becomes invisible. Any ideas? Thanks RDS Try grouping the line and the chart. The click one, hold CTRL and right click the other, use Group OR: delete the line; click the chart and re-add the line while the chart is still selected then the two will be grouped best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remov...

Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)
Read "Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)" on the Entourage Help Blog for tips that will improve your productivity. It's also a great way to save your hands if you have trouble typing. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/insert_text_automatically_into.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Great article, Diane! A related point about auto-correcting that some people might find handy: Many of the terms I insert through AutoCorr...

Inserting something at the begining of evrey cell
How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column? i.e. Product Name1 Product Name2 Product Name3 Product Name4 Product Name5 into Something Product Name1 Something Product Name2 Something Product Name3 Something Product Name4 Something Product Name5 As always, TIA, Jav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this Sub addtext() For Each c In range("i4:i24") If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c Next End Sub ...

Max issue with an Insert Into Select
Hello, i am hoping someone maybe able to help me with a problem i am having with an Insert Into Select statement. I am getting the Parameter dialog coming up when i try to execute the following query. The query uses a lot of predefined values but the problem is with the Max statement i think Thanks for any help given John INSERT INTO GH_STREET_REFERENCES (GSR_PK,GL3A_PK,GL4A_PK,GF_PK,LANGUAGE_CODE, CHANGE_TYPE, END_X, END_Y, USRN, DESCRIPTOR, NAMING_AUTHORITY_CODE, PROCESSED_FLAG,START_X, START_Y, TOLERANCE, TYPE, VERSION_NUMBER) SELECT Max(gh_street_references.gsr_pk) + 1 as gsr_p...

I am trying to insert a pdf file into Publisher 2003?
I am not able to insert a pdf file into Publisher 2003??? Help. I've seen this asked before and have always wondered...why? "cyt" <cyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A33C47A-07A0-4361-A9A7-81E69B95212F@microsoft.com... |I am not able to insert a pdf file into Publisher 2003??? Help. Rob, Because. Try Serif PP11 if this is a must-have feature. Mike Rob Giordano (Crash) wrote: > I've seen this asked before and have always wondered...why? > > > "cyt" <cyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:4...

How can i get excel graphs, jpg's inserted in Word 2007 to fit mar
Using Word 2007 - I have close to 30 excel graphs and charts inserted into a marketing plan along with jpeg images of other items that don't want to fit into the margin's of my document. I have tried formatting each individually but that will take forever and I have to adjust fonts and carry on. Is there a way to select all images and excel charts and graphs to fit within the margins? It is a 39 page document that is due by Monday. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks - Jessica Paste special - paste it in as a graphic. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Pu...