Inserting the email

Hi There I have  a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to
insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it
possible to import this list to outlook ?

please help

Nik

excell newbie

0
admin7162 (1)
6/30/2004 5:07:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Are they all @thesame.com?

If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula:

=a1&"@emailaddress.com

Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column.

And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can
specify that inside Outlook for importing.

(I might even export the existing contacts as a .csv to see what it looks like
so I had something to match.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

oversized outbox email can't be deleted
I have a friend who is new to Outlook 2003 (and Outlook in general) who attached a 45 MB file to an outgoing email (he did realize the attachment size)and now can't delete the email. Any suggestions without deleting the pst file and starting over? Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Delete the mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups....

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How to Print thumbnail Groups of pictrues receved in one email
Need to know how to print pictures received in emails anyway but one at a time. ...

Using Template to send emails
I need to send out many emails daily using a standard layout but with a different attachment to message. There are too many steps to load the template each time (Tools>Forms>Choose Form>Look In and then select template) - is there a quicker way to load the template or may be another way to start with a predefined layout to messages? Denis Save the template in a folder in Outlook called Templates. Then go to = that folder, double click on the template you want to use, send it and = don't save changes. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Microsoft Crm Email Invoice
Hi all, I have a solution on the problem that has been dogging us all for a while with CRM. How do i do a decent looking invoice and email to my customer. This method is a simple program that scans the quotebase table then does a combo of sql scans and a few other tricks to compile all the details. This is a proof of concept prototype, I will be turning it into a nicer (documentated app soon). But in the mean time this should point you in the right direction. if you requie a compiled binary email me. Form 1 Imports System.Xml Imports System.IO Public Class Form1 Inherits System.W...

Emailing Publisher 2007 flyer
We are having difficulty maintaining formatting with a Publisher 2007 flyer when emailing. Both computers have Publisher 2007 but for some reason the information at the bottom of the page is running off the page when the attachment is opened by the email recipient. Any thoughts? Can you email it to me? It may have something to do with printer settings. Or even page setup. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Packett" <RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

leadid in email
Is there any way to insert the leadid into an email template? It is not included in the list to insert. ...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

Outlook 2007
When I send email from outlook 2007 it alway stays in the outbox. How can I get it delivered? What type of email account? If you press F9, does it send? Do you get any errors? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www...

Can't Reply, Forward or Create new eMail
This is for a friend of mine. He's running OfficeXP (2002) and the OS is WindowsXP Home Edition. Anytime he tries to created a New message, Forwards or does a Reply, he gets a message that says "Outlook cannot created the message due to lack of disk space or memory in the computer". Then he clicks OK; and the box goes away (leaving him with no way to complete the process). I'm having him go thru the Office Update Process to ensure everything is up to date. He has plenty of disk space and plenty of memory. What does this mean? Thanks in advance! ...

INSERT INTO on CHAR fieldtype with auto increment?
Is it possible to do an INSERT INTO statement on a field with an auto increment on and as fieldtype CHARACTER? Am using SQL server 2000. The current situation: Table: dba.Equipment Related field from this table: EqmId (CHAR (14)/ PRIMARY KEY/ auto increment) I cannot do an INSERT with an auto increment on a field based on a CHAR fieldtype. When doing te INSERT INTO statement, the value of EqmId needs to raise with +1. Can I solve this problem and how? I'd appreciate it if you have the answer, giving me an explanation in clear language and not too complicated. In ad...

Upgraded Outlook, still rejecting email because of file size exceeded
Please help me. I don't know what else to do. Well here is the story: I have an old computer which has outlook 2003 installed on it. Suddenly yesterday i received a warning message saying that, I am about to exceed the limit of my mailbox. I couldn't believe at first, as i always thought that outlook is limited with my harddisk capacity. Well, the other day, when i clicked send/receive, i saw that mails are downloading but none of them are appearing on my mailbox. Then i started reading many articles about the case, and i figured out that the limit of my box is 2gb which i reached al...

How do I insert a signature using the keyboard?
Using Outlook 2007, how do I insert a signature using the keyboard? Previously (in Office 2002??) I typed Alt-I>S and then selected from the drop down. Thanks. If you've places the cursor into the current signature, you can press the key for the context menu, and select another signature. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Wed, 13 Jan 2010 03:19:01 -0800 schrieb JoW: > Using Outlook 2007, how do I insert a signature using the keyboard? > P...

Alerts for IMAP emails
Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way that POP3 email does? Cheers ss. ...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

Email Send/Receive Progress Bar
I have just bought a new PC running Windows 7 and like many others am getting to grips with Windows Live Mail, having been very familiar with Outlook Express. In Outlook Express I used to see the progress bar for sending and receiving so I knew something was happening if I had a lot of large mails coming in or going out. Try as I may I cannot get the progress bar to appear in Windows Live Mail and I've trawled all of the menus, although I have seen something like it briefly flash up when it was disconnecting. Can anyone help me to display the bar? Is it a facility of Wind...

Insert Pictures
I can 't seem to insert a picture in Publisher -- I'm using a gif format but the error message suggests that I'm either using the wrong format or my graphics converter has not been installed. I have updated my Office 2000 but to no avail. Any ideas? Have you tried more than just one GIF file? Re-boot then retry it and post back. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

sent email and it arrived. flyer in email was not viewable - why
-- jp Please use this area to describe the problem. Also what is a "flyer"? gvsujp wrote: ...

How insert HTML in Signature Line?
Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text Editor in Outlook? Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into > the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text > Editor in Outlook? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Numpty Email Time Stamp Question
Hi all Am I right in thinking that the time stamp on each email routed via Exchange to Outlook will be controlled by the server? Exchange2003, Windows Server2003, Outlook 2003. Users are complaining that replies to messages are being dated before the time of the original message. TIA Phil hi check the date/time/daylight setting in the client computers & server shai -- "TheScullster" wrote: > Hi all > > Am I right in thinking that the time stamp on each email routed via Exchange > to Outlook will be controlled by the server? > Exchange2003, Windows...

HTML for emails
How can i make an email template with a colored background. I would like to have my company logo and pictures on it to make it look professional I suggest you should use a program like MS Expression to create your template on the public internet, complete with styles and images. Then open the page in IE and [Select All] and [Copy] - then paste into your compose email screen in Quick Campaign or wherever. Then send a test to yourself to ensure everything looks as you expect. On my blog you can find a way of adding a [View Source] button to your compose email toolbar (this is for the quick ca...

UK PostCodes > inserting values from Excel using Map
Guess I'm being thick. Two colums, one postcodes, one data. I want to use "MAP" to show the values geographically.... I've installed the "globe", having trouble finding the instructions.... can anyone point me in the correct direction? ta ...