Inserting pictures in a CHM file

With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of
my pages with mixed results.  Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones
(>500 kb) don't.  After compiling the help file, the frame is present with
no picture.

Can anyone help?

Best regards,
Fred

0
frussell (9)
1/8/2006 4:42:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Fred,

> With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of
> my pages with mixed results.  Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones
> (>500 kb) don't.  After compiling the help file, the frame is present with
> no picture.

What tool are you using to create your topics? If it's Word, you need
to filter out the Office-specific markup that Word adds to documents
saved as Web pages. See this article for more information:

http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#wordhtml

By the way, the best newsgroup in which to post Help-related questions
is probably microsoft.public.helpauthoring
(news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.helpauthoring).

--
Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)

0
PD.Lees (38)
1/8/2006 10:27:28 AM
Thanks Pete, that answers a lot of my questions!

The heads-up on the help authoring group is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Fred

0
frussell (9)

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

Hidden Folders and Files
I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, even though I was able to a short while ago. I don't know what I have done to change this. Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden files and folders" However they are not visible. Any advise? Thanks. leasider<SPAM> wrote: > I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. > > For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, > even though I was able to a short ...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Visio File Summary Dialog Box is showing wrong file name and size
Hi all, I am using Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in my application using VB.NET 2005. I am calling "visCmdFileSummaryInfoDlg" Command to open File Summary Dialog Box. Dialog Box is open successfully but it always showing Template file size instead of open file size in General Tab. The information it shows is: Type: Microsoft Visio Drawing Location: Size :(928 bytes) Based on: Template - ValueStreamMap.vst Can any one let me know about any property or way so that it shows correct file size? Thanks Asif Can we assume that the new drawing has been saved to disk before you call th...

2 mirror files with :1 and :2
Not sure how, but have 1 excel file, lets call it FILEA.xls and when I open it, it opens a FILEA:1 and a FILEA:2 workbook. Any change made to FILEA:1 gets repeated in FILEA:2 and vice versa. Looks like some sort of mirroring, or changes being tracked, but track changes is turned off. Any help is appreciated! Hi you've opened two windows of the same workbook (from the window /new window menu) - just close one and then save - this should solve the problem Cheers JulieD "DJR" <DJR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0F6BDF5-9DC2-486E-947C-ABBB6C4544...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

How to save the value in the CEdit control to a text file?
Im generating a random number to the CEdit control and now i want t save all of this value to a text file. I dont know to code it in the way of MFC. I hope whose know it can send me the soding cause im running out the time to do my project thanks You can use GetWindowText to get its contents and then use CStdioFile class to write the text. MSDN has enough documentation on this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "TLee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F730B5D6-85F7-45D9-80D9-C43598FA47B6@microsoft.com... | Im generating a random numbe...

Converting bidirectional text files to and from ANSI
I need to convert bidirectional text files to and from ANSI format. Excel refers me to a "ConvText.exe" file that I do not have. Does anyone have this file or how can I get the file. Using excel 2002. I had never heard of Bidirectional text files, so I googled and found this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052626761033.aspx Convert bidirectional text files to and from ANSI And the top of that web page started with: The ConvText utility is available on the installation CDs for Microsoft Office language versions that offer right-to-left support. So if you'...

Is a mail having an attachment
I want to create a report based on the log file located at \Excsrver\Tracking.log in MS Exchange Server 5.5. Using the log file, how will I know that a mail was having an attachment or not ? ...

Inserting a Blank Line
I did ask for similar a little while back, but cannot somehow digest the code. What is the best way to insert a blank line where the data changes? The data is in column B. e.g. 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 to.. 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 Don't know if this is best, but certainly an easy method. Sub InsertRow_At_Change() 'Sandy Mann July 1st, 2007 Dim LastRow As Long Dim X A...

Excel File Does Not Open From Windows Explorer
When I try to open a MS Excel file from Windows Explore, MS Excel starts but the file will not open. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem. Thanks in advance! Dwight Dwight, Tools, options, general make sure the 'ignore other applications' is not selected. If this does not sort out the problem you may need to go to this as in this post from Beth Melton which we found when we had the same problem and it solved it. ***************************************************** It sounds like is a problem with the file associations. Go to Start/Run and run this command: Excel /re...

XML file vs Windows Registry
Hi I just have a quick question. One of our Windows based application uses the registry for configuration type options and some other things. I want to modify our application to move to use a XML file instead of the registry. The other engineer argues that it is faster and easier to manipulate the registry than File I/O operations with the XML file. I just wanted ask you guys what are the strengths and weaknesses with using a XML file over the registry? Thanks I generally prefer the XML file. I have an custom config section handler in my asp.net app, derived from Craig Andera's thi...

Location of CRM data File #3
Could anyone please tell me the location of the CRM data file (not .pst) in Outlook 2007 Small Business. It would also be good to know if its' location can be moved. Thank you Ian ...

Importing an address file (that was pasted into a Word doc) into E
This question is much like Charlie's Mom, with one difference which may be important. I have a stacked address file (created by an old DOS based program)that was pasted into Word 97, and had delimiters changed to ones that Word could recognize. There is one record delimiter for the name, and one field delimiter for 3 lines of addresses. When I try to sort on the name field in a mail merge, nothing changes. I think it is because of the delimiter in front of the name. Can I import this file into Excel, with the names and corresponding addresses unstacked, i.e. Names in column 1, ...