Inserting photos in Word

Hi to everyone.
I use a doc file as a form. It includes text and photos (and some links)
The problem is about photos. They must located in particular positions in
the doc and under every photo must have a relative title. The photos i put in
that form have different sizes and deform the text and generally the
structure of the whole form.
Is there any way to determine some stable rectangles in particular points in
the doc with desirable dimensions, so every time i add the photos the whole
form to remain stable?
Also what about the specify title below?
Thank you all for your time.

0
Nikos (30)
10/17/2007 6:07:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I bet/hope you meant to post this in an MSWord forum.

--

Dave Peterson
0

nikos wrote:

> Hi to everyone.
> I use a doc file as a form. It includes text and photos (and some links)
> The problem is about photos. They must located in particular positions in
> the doc and under every photo must have a relative title. The photos i put in
> that form have different sizes and deform the text and generally the
> structure of the whole form.
> Is there any way to determine some stable rectangles in particular points in
> the doc with desirable dimensions, so every time i add the photos the whole
> form to remain stable?
> Also what about the specify title below?
> Thank you all for your time.

0
birelan (531)

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

Word art to PDF file
When I use Word Art in a document and save it as a PDF file - the word art is not readable or has a large black shadow behind it. How do I fix this? -- Becky What version Publisher are you using? Are there gradients in your WordArt? This article addresses 2003 but it is true for 2007 as well WordArt gradient fill may print incorrectly in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828829/en-us If you have Publisher 2007 you might try Office's save as PDF. You might get a more satisfactory conversion. It is a free add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4...

Inserting a picture on a label
I am trying to insert a picture on a name badge label and when I insert it it does not show up. I can insert into other publications but not a label. What is up with that? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures... If you do read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stew" <stew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E0A05E-EBBE-4E0C-8B1E-A966EE185107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to insert a picture on a name ...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

How do I insert a frame in publisher 2003?
(It's kinda empty and echoey in this big space - try filling it with descriptions of what you're after) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher i am attempting to make a web site, when i use front page i can easily add frames to my page, i find publisher easier to use with graphics and clip art and want to use publisher as my web builder, but i am unable to figure out how to add a frame in publisher, got an ideas? thanks, "Ed Bennett" wrote: > (It's kinda empty and echoey in this big space - try filling it with > descriptions of what you're afte...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

can you print your address book with photos?
I want to print a directory for the members of a club and wanted to include a photograph, but I cannot figure out how to add the photo that I already have in their contact information into the booklet. No, the photo does not print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

open encrypted word 2003 file with word 2007
Word 2007 will not let me open Word 2003 files that are encrypted. Does anyone know how to fix this? What version of Word 2007? There were some issues with SP2 (and/or a security patch) but I can't recall the details off the top of my head. There was a hotfix which caused more problems, and ultimately another hotfix - number 970924. If this isn't your situation (and I'm not sure even this affected encrypted 2003 format documents), I have not heard of anything else. Are you sure you have the correct password? -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "K...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

Excel Word crash after splash screen
After installing OSX10.2.8 and Office 10.1.5 i get the crash after the splash screen. If I remove all of the fonts from the hard disk>library>fonts, it works fine. If I add even one front to the folder (or to the user>name>library>fonts it crashes). I've copied new fonts from other computers to the folder, run Disk Warrior, etc., the only thing that seems to work is removing all the fonts. Unfortunatly I need one unsual font "Orator" that has worked fine up until yesterday... ...

How do I insert: A {a symbol (member of)} B
I'm try to write an equation where A is a "subset" of Ω using the horizontal member with an equals line under it. I've look at math symbols and Word 2007 equation writer, but I don't see the symbol. Is there one? Are you looking for Unicode 2286, "subset or equal to"? (I don't know what you mean by "horizontal member.") Type 2286 on the regular keyboard, then Alt-X. Cambria Math, Arial Unicode MS, Lucida Sans, and Lucida Sans Unicode are fonts that include that character. On Jan 27, 11:52=C2=A0am, Phil <P...@discussions.micr...

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Insert Image with name and filepath
I have three columns formatted as below. I want to read the value in column B and insert the image in column C. All images are located in a specific folder and I need all the images to be inserted into a standard cell size. Is there a way to cascade down thru the list and insert them programatically? OR if I provide this file with a part number, description and a hyperlink to somehow then pull an image of the part when clicked from an opposing worksheet - is this possible? I guess I am not only looking the execution but also idea's from people who have more expertise....

HELP MS WORD AND EXCEL thanks for the help
I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it. I have a column of text in excel. I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just the text that is found in my excel column. I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook look at a whole cell not part of it. Thanks for the help very much. Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three" in excel I have a column ...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

Edit Legend Wording
I've been trying to alter the wording of the legend text in my line graphs, but can't figure it out. My data table has headings such as "Year", "Communication Score", and "Professional Score". When I run the pivot table tool, Excel automatically adds the words "Sum of" to the titles of "Communication Score" and "Professional Score". The result is "Sum of Communication Score" and "Sum of Professional Score". How can I simply remove the words "Sum of" to this legend wording? I've used...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

can i automatically insert the filepath on a word doc?
I seem to remember getting handouts from people that had their fielpath printed on them. Is this possible in Word 2007? Yes. http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak/blog/index.php/247/word-2007-diy-insert-a-footer-with-file-name-path-in-two-clicks.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OlgaBennett" <OlgaBennett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B842B2-76A8-428A-A86A-C020B204EC94@microsoft.com... >I seem to remember getting handouts from people that had their fielpa...

How do I put a circle around a word in Publisher 2007?
I'm using Publisher 2007 for several documents that we write up on the computer. My boss was able to figure out how to do circles with our previous program (Publisher 2000), but we can't seem to figure out how to circle text in Publisher 2007. Any help? ...

Question about Word 07
Hi All, I have Office 2007 loaded on a XP op system, when using the Word 07 program I noticed in any document I bring up I cant make a "Center Text Alignment". The right and left buttons work fine, but the center text alignment button is always light gray and will not function. What's up with that, anyone know? Thank for the help, Tim -- ���`�.�. , . .���`�..><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�>�. ><)))%>���`�.�. , . .���`�.. ><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.co...

images with word automation
Access 2003 (2000 format) I've done quite a bit of Word automation from Access to build forms for clients but I'm stumped. I'm trying to dynamically build a table of signatures at the bottom of a document. The signatures are stored in a table in Access in an OLE Object type field. I created a single row table in the form with a bookmark in the first cell (I've done this type of thing before using objWord.Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell and it works fine for creating tables of info in a Word doc from Access). But I need to get the signatures into the cells and ...

Inserting Rows
Hi All, I have created a table with Columns A-M. Columns F K L and M have formulas in them I am trying to insert some additional ROWS, but keep getting an error message stating that to protect the loss of data, Exel will not permit this function. This happens if I attempt to insert a row in a row that is blank or in a row with content. What am I doing wrong ? Hi It sounds like Excel has lost track of your used data area. Have a look here for info on how to reset it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Andy. "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Bringing Excel Spreadsheets into Word X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Microsoft Office v.X:Mac. <br><br>Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for ...