Inserting Clip Art into a cell in Excel

When you insert a picture or clip art into a cell, is there a way that it can
be associated specifically with that cell? I am using excel for a glossary,
where some of the terms will have visual references. I would like to be sure
that should the list need to be sorted after all the pictures have been added
they will sort with the rest of the document.

Does anyone know about this?
0
econ (2)
6/4/2007 7:51:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Toolbars and menu bar disappear during Excel session
Note: this is not a macro issue. I'm working in Excel 2003. When I open the program, the toolbars and menu bars appear as usual. If I leave the program and come back to it, those items are gone, leaving only the title bar and formula bar. If I close and restart Excel, all works fine. Any ideas? Might be a display driver issue. Try this in Windows Safe Mode and post the results. /i. "BriaN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308301c3aa3d$72e73d70$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Note: this is not a macro issue. > > I'm working in Excel 200...

123 to excel
Anyone know if it is possible to convert from lotus 123 to excel, ensuring that all macros are kept intact? Regards Mark Excel can read some (older) versions of 1-2-3, but not newer ones. Also, in no case does it convert macros; you'll have to do that yourself. There might be third-party tools to do that, however. -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a4501c397dd$f8b69df0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it is...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

How can run an Excel macro program using DOS command?
I want to run an Excel macro program using batch job but I don't know what the DOS command is? Put the code in the Workbook_Open procedure of some workbook and use the DOS command to open the workbook. However, do be aware that depending on your security settings, XL may not enable the code at all or it might display a "this file contains macros" warning dialog box that will require human intervention. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <155ca01c41ae9$b4b37b20...

More Math than Excel
Dear All: You people always have been great support when I get stuck with MS Excel. I Like to Thank you for keeping this service active. I have 7 Groups i.e. G1, G2, G3...G7. and each Group contains 4 members. I want to arrange the list of possible mix consists of one member of each group. Selection of member as per the following order. Any Member from G1, AMfrom G2, AMfrom G3, AMfrom G4, AMfrom G5, AMfrom G6, AMfrom G7 Its more math than Excel. regards, Murtaza **AM (any member)** My math tells me there are more than 16,000 (4^7) possible combinations: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 1,1,1,1,1,1,2 1...

Publisher 98
Hi, I've installed Publisher 98 (sorry i know its old) on one of my users machine. "When i tried to used the templates - it prompt me the error message: The Wizard cannot find clip art needed for this design. Your publication may not look as it was intended to look." I press OK and another error message appear Publisher cannot load the Hyphenation dictionary. "There may not be enough Memory, or the dictionary may not be installed." I've reinstalled Publisher and i have the same result. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks in Advance! Ymed Seyer...

Text wrap in merged cells
Is there a way to get text to wrap in cells that have been merged. Example: A2:C2 are merged cells to get the width needed. Text is placed in A2 that is greater length than the merged cells. I would like the text to wrap but can not seem to get that to happen if cells have been merged. Hi Chuck If the merged cells are A1:C1 and your text is longer than the merged cells, then try merging cells A1:C2 and also ticking the wrap cells, and the unseen text will apper on row 2. Yours, Mathew "Chuck Dorn" <c.dorn@gwccnet.com> wrote in message news:1df501c3e041$07386ba0$a50128...

Analysis Cubes Add In for Excel 2003 with GP Data
All: I posted this to one of the Excel forums as well, but thought the GP group may know something about this. I am using the Analysis Cubes add-in for Excel 2003 to build out a dashboard, so this is a free-form report. Problem1: I can place dimensions into the report, but, if I refresh the report data or connection, the field value in the field where the dimension is located goes blank. Anyone seen this? Problem2: On the sheet I have one page filter on Week End Date (=cubecellmember("GL-FINAC01", "Cal Week End".All Cal Week End.01 Jan 2007")). What I want...

Problem Inserting new Column in DataGridView control
I have a DataGridView control on a form. The columns are pre-defined in design mode. I now need to insert a new column in the middle of the existing columns. I click on the right arrow in the upper right area of the control in design mode and the DatawGridView Tasks sub-window opens. I click on Edit Columns, add the new column, position it and click on OK. ALL COLUMNS DISAPPEAR!!! I undid the changes to recover the original form from source control and tried it a different way. I clicked on Add Column and added the column. But since a new column added in this manner is added to the ...

Check if Cell a Date
Is there a way to check if a cell contains a date. You can use ISTEXT for text but there does not seem to be one for date. Any ideas? Similarly, can you check for is a cell a boolean? "Kim" <Kim@kk.com> wrote in message news:u93cPx95EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to check if a cell contains a date. You can use ISTEXT for > text but there does not seem to be one for date. Any ideas? > > Hi Kim You can use a function in Excel to determine if a cell is numeric but I do not think you can determine if the figure is a date. You could use a funct...

Delete all contents of cell but one word
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help? Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do. Regards Hayette Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet or 40 sheets? ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Hayette Hasham" <Hayette Hasham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE4B07F-19CD-4F75-B108-76068AB2574F@microsoft.com... ...

format cells #2
I'm trying to format a cell in a spreadsheet that was sent to my office. When I click on "format cells...", nothing happens. I've never had this problem before. What gives? It sounds like the worksheet may be protected. I'm guessing "Cells" under "Format" is dimmed, meaning it is unavailable. Try: Tools > Protection If the choices include "Unprotect Sheet...", then it was protected, in which case, clicking on "Unprotect Sheet..." will disable the protection and you should be able to format to your heart's content. Regards...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

Auto updating muiltiple spreadsheets in Excel 2007
I have 50 spreadsheets which calculate aging on past due invoices. I use the =now and =today functions to determine which accounts are past due. I created a master sheet which pulls this information and displays it at a glance. The problem is: the dates don't update on the 50 seperate sheets unless the sheet is opened (and then closed). Is there a way to update the sheets without having to open them all or how would I create a macro that opens them and then closes them? Thank you very much for your help! .... Your input is sorely needed Bob See http://www.ron...

Removing only certain data in a cell
If I have a cell that contains the following, (Phone 123-456-7890), is there a formula I can use that will strip the number off and put it in another cell? I have a big list I need to clean up, and doing it one at a time will take to long. Thanks Hi see: http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/12/07/string-manipulation-with-worksheet-formulas-part-1/trackback/ -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CA9FAB32-1D6A-450D-AED3-8DE58F951828@microsoft.com... > If I have a cell that contains the followin...

Excel 2007: Vlookup Problem
I don't use Vlookup much and it's not working for me. I know it's user error so can you tell me what I did wrong? I have two worksheets in my file. In the first one, I have a list of addresses with a full unabbreviated US state name in column T, row 2. Column U is blank because I want to put the two-digit state code in there (starting with U2). In the second worksheet I have the full state name in Column A and the two-digit code for it in Column B (rows 1-50). Here's my formula starting in U2: =VLOOKUP(T2,StateCodes!$A$1:$B$50,2,FALSE) What is wrong? ...

need to convert excel 97 doc to windows xp 2002 home edition
I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition). I downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the document now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols. Please help~ You should be able to open the .xls file produced by XL97 directly into XL2002. From there, save the file and it will then be in the later format. You shouldn't need a converter. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 19, 1:26=A0am, gigglesonice <giggleson...@discussions.microsoft.c...

Modifying the scale on Excel Charts
There are two default scales on excel charts: logarithmic and linear. I want to use another scale. This scale is used for probability plots and has close spacing at the extreme values (i.e. 1% and 99%) and larger spacing at the mid-range values (i.e. 40% and 60%). ...

Add cells
Hello, I have a column (A) with a price from row 1 to 100. I would like to create in column B a formula that will add the total in each row. Example B2 will have the total of A1+A2, - B3 will have the total of A1+A2+A3 - B4 will have the total of A1+A2+A3+A4 and so on till 100. Thank you -- smile =$a$1:a1 and copy down -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0391B17-9F16-4061-96E9-7D34B06468EB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a column (A) with a pri...

excel solver #2
does anyone know if excel 1997 has the solver tool?? ...

Extracting names in a cell
I have a column of names Adams,John William which I wish to extract to seperate columns John in a coloum and Adams in another. Try Data/Text to Columns... Select Delimited, click Next, and check the comma (and if desired, the space) characters. If you dont' want the Middle name, click Next, select the third column and choose the Do Not Import radio button then click Finish, otherwise, just click Finish. In article <F3BFA2F4-21B5-45E8-9509-626EC60EFE62@microsoft.com>, "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of names Adams,John Willi...

How do i set default column type as text in excel?
I am opening a text file using Excel.The text file has data 16E102,which appears as 1.60E+103 in the excel sheet since it takes the data type as scientific by default. However i want it to appear as 16E102 itself.What can be done for this? Changing the cell format to text does not help,because it keeps the data already present in it as it is,it will help only if new data is entered in the similar manner. Is there any way to set the default column type as text? Using Windows Explorer, rename the text file so that it has a 'txt' extension. For example, change 'MyFile.csv'...

need a Calender that links outlook excel powerpoint and anything
I need a calender that has to do a lot. Ok it need to be able to send out message to people outlook and also send update to other telling them that a task has been completed on set date on the calender. Also it need to be able to have link to excel document and powerpoint and word documents as well. Also the Calender need to be ale to think say a task is due on a date that would fall on a saturday then the calend would push back the due date to the firday before that saturday. also the calender need to be able to be updated with more task and also be able to take thing out or...

sync of large excel files will not completly transfer
When I transfer a large excel spreed sheet not all the file will transfer over. I thought that it might be related to the size of the memory however it will not copy directly on to a 1 gig memory card either. Is there a setting that is limiting the size of the file? any ideas would be appreicated. -- Thank you ! ...

How can I change the default settings for pivot tables in Excel? .
I am trying to make the default of my pivot table to NOT show all values in the data fields initially. By default it selects all the data listings right now. Thanks! ...