Inserting arrays as variables

How can I insert an array or range of variables (e.g. .042 to .168) into a
formula? Alternatively, can I define variables (e.g. x, y) without having to
use Visual Basic?

I'm trying to create a chart which outputs values based on constants and a
function involving the range of variables.

Thanks for your help!
0
AnthonyD (17)
7/25/2007 8:24:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

{0.042,0.07,0.1,0.11,0.123,0.13,0.168}

as an example

--
HTH

Bob

"anthonyd" <anthonyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I insert an array or range of variables (e.g. .042 to .168) into a
> formula? Alternatively, can I define variables (e.g. x, y) without having
> use Visual Basic?
>
> I'm trying to create a chart which outputs values based on constants and a
> function involving the range of variables.
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

How do I add LEFT to this array?
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(SEARCH("Account Request",'Incident Data'!$E$2:$E$5000))=FALSE),--(MONTH('Incident Data'!$G$2:$G$5000)=MONTH(C$8))) I want to modify it to restrict where it looks for "Account Request". I figure add LEFT('Incident Data'!$E$2:$E$5000,15) however that returns an error. I also tried putting LEFT after SEARCH. I am still very new to SUMPRoduct and I had help coming up with the formula above; which works perfectly now. I am also reading through: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html I don't want to break my ...

inserting/merging pages
Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2) 8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background. I can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file. ...

Insert a row based on a macro
Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75A1DDD5-6334-410D-8646-091B43D1B198@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I > then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. ...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

Array to named range conversion...
The intention of my macro is to put all the wb's sheet names into named range as per the code below. Then, use the named range as th list in a "data validation" cell, which will use the named range as th list. I've successfully been able to convert the array into a range, althoug i can only populate the range horizontally (columns x 1 row). if i tr to populate a vertical range, i get all the same value (the value o index 1). I get similar results with the named range. And when I try t use it in data validation, I get an error. My workaround is to use the code to put the v...

Conditional IF formula using multi-dimensional arrays
I am attempting to find a value in a 30 column (1000+ row) array that is conditioned on finding an exact value match in adjacent column and a not-to-exceed value in the same row in the 30 column array. If this were limited to single column arrays, I would not have a problem, but the issue arrises because I do not know which column the not-to-exceed value will be in so I must use the full 30 column array. Here is my formula, which I am hoping someone would be able to help me with: {=MAX(IF((BI3:BI5000=A1)*(BJ3:CM5000<=A2),BJ3:CM5000))} Thanks for your help, Your formu...

Insert cell data every given amount of rows
I got one column with data. I want to insert a cell with text for a certain amount of rows in that column. How can I do that? Example with text for each 4 rows: From 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to 1 2 3 4 TEXT 5 6 7 8 TEXT 9 Regards Mike Try the following: Dim RowNdx As Long RowNdx = 4 Do Until Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "" Cells(RowNdx, "A").Insert Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "Text" RowNdx = RowNdx + 5 Loop -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike Mike"...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

Webqueries and variables problem
Hi, I have a saved macro that queries the FT fund site to get some financial data and it works great. however, as soon as I start to break up the URL string and add my own variables to it, it stops working. Does anyone know if I have to do something special to get this to work: 'Even with this small change it doesn't work where we are specifying the day! -tried sDayGet as a string and a single 'With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ ' "URL;http://mwprices.ft.com/custom/ftfundcenter-com/html-fundsHistorical.asp?symb=F1%3AMGITA&countrycode=F1%3AMGITA&...

Format of temporary variables
I have a pointer stored in TempVars!MyIndex Within DLookup( or DSum( references to TempVars!MyIndex work fine but IIf(tblField = TempVars!MyIndex, does not work. As a work-around I tried this: Dim NewIndex as Integer NewIndex = TempVars!MyIndex IIf(tblField = NewIndex, and found it works well. So just what is the difference between temporary variables and numeric table fields? ---- Ken ...

using session variables in project.aspx
Can anyone please help me implement a small change to project.aspx? I want to establish a session variable to avoid multiple signons for seperate organizations who require a different look and feel to the product. In effect, use the session variable to select which tabs are displayed, etc. If the user has one affiliation, the session variable would default accordingly, if they had a choice, it would hold the current selection for the session until signoff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chas Chas: If I understand you correctly, one way to do this is to Exten...

Array formulas #2
Hi, I am new to aray formulas and im finding them very handy however i a finding that they slow the spreadsheet up alot and calculations no take some time to run. Is this normal and is there anything i can do/try -- ceem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1065 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37395 Yes, that is the drawback of array formulas, here are some info http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom &...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

Matrix/array question
I am trying to demonstrate the effect of changing scores on a cumulative total. My table has 7 categories. Each category has a weight factor of between 1 and 4, and can receive a score between 1 and 5. I want to create a table showing all the possible combinations of scores, to show what effect any change in score in one category will have on the total score. I realize that I will get 78,125 results, but I can then summarize them to show the overall effects. What formula would give me these results, or is there even a way to do it? My categories are a2:a8, weights are b2:b8, and scores ...

Inserted Controls do not work once Saved
I am creating a form with textbox controls and date control. They work fine until I save the document then the controls seem to disappear. Has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution? I have copied the form and re-created the controls, but once again upon saving the form the controls go away. HELP Which version of Word are you using? Note that if you are using Word 2007, inserting content controls, and then saving in Word 97-2003 format, content controls will be converted to static text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LRay67" <...

How do I insert endnotes in Publisher 2003?
Its faily easy in Word to create footnotes or endnotes. Has Publisher a similar facility? grumpy66uk wrote: > Its faily easy in Word to create footnotes or endnotes. Has Publisher a > similar facility? No. Your only option is to create them manually, making judicious use of superscripts. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning
when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

in a macro how to make a part of the formula a variable
I am trying to copy a cell from one file into another file in a macro. There are hundreds of files all linking to the same cell so I thought I would set the formula up so that is has a variable for the filename but I can't figure out the syntax. The formula should link to cell $r$16 in worksheet "monthly" in the changing file name and the variable I used for the changing file name is budget_file. The following didn't work. Can someone tell me how to do this? ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & budget_file & 'monthly'!$r$16&qu...

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

Array Formula isn't summing but counting
I need to sum information based on several other criteria -- accoun number, sort codes, company names. The array formul {=SUM(A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0))} returns a count rather than a sum Does anyone know of a way get it to add my data rather than countin how many? Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to sum column E try the array formula =SUM((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0)*(E1:E25)) or a non array formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0),E1:E25) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to sum information ...

How do I Creat Comparision chart taking two variables on y-axis?
Details? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Suny" <Suny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D4D179D-72F9-403E-97A3-6109897D04A0@microsoft.com... > ...

Picture inserted from file cannot be aligned

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Locating variable range to copy
I am an ordinary accountant but not familiar with macro & VBA. I have a file, I need to copy a source formula to a certain range of which starting position has fixed already and ending position would be altered regarding to condition changed. For example, say source formula : locating at cell G11 conditions : range of row containing data in column F starting from F11 Says now, there are 10 data starting from F11 to F20, therefore I need to copy the source formula from G11 to G20. Same as, when there are 100 data starting from F11 to F110, I need to copy the source formula from G11...