insert single absolute symbol in formula

Hi,
I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
the column to absolute.  Any ideas?
0
sarah4753 (4)
1/6/2009 2:46:55 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Keep on pressing the F4 key.  It'll cycle through all 4 possibilities--absolute
row and column through relative row and column.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"sarahds" <sarah@mrsfields.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
> there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
> i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
> both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
> the column to absolute.  Any ideas?

0
no3581 (99)
1/6/2009 3:00:26 AM
On Jan 6, 1:46=A0pm, sarahds <sa...@mrsfields.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
> there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
> i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
> both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
> the column to absolute. =A0Any ideas?

Cool - many thanks.  Now, how can I do that on a large block of cells
in one stroke?
0
sarah4753 (4)
1/6/2009 3:19:38 AM
Select the block of cells and run the AbsoluteCol macro.

I threw the others in just in case you need any other combination.

Sub AbsoluteCol()
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        If Cell.HasFormula Then
            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
            (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
        Next
    End Sub

Sub Absolute()
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        If Cell.HasFormula Then
            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
            (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Sub AbsoluteRow()
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        If Cell.HasFormula Then
            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
            (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
        Next
    End Sub

Sub Relative()
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        If Cell.HasFormula Then
            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
            (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
        Next
    End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:19:38 -0800 (PST), sarahds <sarah@mrsfields.com.au>
wrote:

>On Jan 6, 1:46�pm, sarahds <sa...@mrsfields.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
>> there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
>> i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
>> both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
>> the column to absolute. �Any ideas?
>
>Cool - many thanks.  Now, how can I do that on a large block of cells
>in one stroke?

0
Gord
1/6/2009 3:31:37 AM
On Jan 6, 2:31=A0pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> Select the block of cells and run the AbsoluteCol macro.
>
> I threw the others in just in case you need any other combination.
>
> Sub AbsoluteCol()
> Dim Cell As Range
> =A0 =A0 For Each Cell In Selection
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If Cell.HasFormula Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Cell.Formula =3D Application.ConvertFormula _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next
> =A0 =A0 End Sub
>
> Sub Absolute()
> Dim Cell As Range
> =A0 =A0 For Each Cell In Selection
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If Cell.HasFormula Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Cell.Formula =3D Application.ConvertFormula _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> =A0 =A0 Next
> End Sub
>
> Sub AbsoluteRow()
> Dim Cell As Range
> =A0 =A0 For Each Cell In Selection
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If Cell.HasFormula Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Cell.Formula =3D Application.ConvertFormula _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next
> =A0 =A0 End Sub
>
> Sub Relative()
> Dim Cell As Range
> =A0 =A0 For Each Cell In Selection
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If Cell.HasFormula Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Cell.Formula =3D Application.ConvertFormula _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next
> =A0 =A0 End Sub
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:19:38 -0800 (PST), sarahds <sa...@mrsfields.com.au>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 6, 1:46=A0pm, sarahds <sa...@mrsfields.com.au> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
> >> there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
> >> i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
> >> both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
> >> the column to absolute. =A0Any ideas?
>
> >Cool - many thanks. =A0Now, how can I do that on a large block of cells
> >in one stroke?- Hide quoted text -

I tried that, but I got an error with  (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
xlAbsRowRelColumn)
I changed the reference to be Cell.Formula, XlE3, xlE3, ...... as E3
was the starting row and column
0
sarah4753 (4)
1/6/2009 6:04:16 AM
First try the easy solutions, e.g  Find& Replace.
Select your block of cells, and if the cells contain formulas like =A1, then
fire up Find&Replace (Ctrl+H) and replace '=" with '=$'. Adapt thisapproach
to your actual formula.

On Jan 6, 1:46 pm, sarahds <sa...@mrsfields.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if
> there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula.
> i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for
> both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change
> the column to absolute. Any ideas?

Cool - many thanks.  Now, how can I do that on a large block of cells
in one stroke?

0
no3581 (99)
1/6/2009 6:21:52 AM
Don't change those values.

But Gord had a couple of typos:

Option Explicit
Sub AbsoluteCol()
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        If Cell.HasFormula Then
            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
        End If
    Next Cell
[...]

Just select the range to fix and run Gord's macro for the reference style you
want.

sarahds wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2:31 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> > Select the block of cells and run the AbsoluteCol macro.
> >
> > I threw the others in just in case you need any other combination.
> >
> > Sub AbsoluteCol()
> > Dim Cell As Range
> >     For Each Cell In Selection
> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
> >         Next
> >     End Sub
> >
> > Sub Absolute()
> > Dim Cell As Range
> >     For Each Cell In Selection
> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
> >         End If
> >     Next
> > End Sub
> >
> > Sub AbsoluteRow()
> > Dim Cell As Range
> >     For Each Cell In Selection
> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
> >         Next
> >     End Sub
> >
> > Sub Relative()
> > Dim Cell As Range
> >     For Each Cell In Selection
> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
> >         Next
> >     End Sub
> >
> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
<<snipped>>

> I tried that, but I got an error with  (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
> xlAbsRowRelColumn)
> I changed the reference to be Cell.Formula, XlE3, xlE3, ...... as E3
> was the starting row and column

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
1/6/2009 12:56:39 PM
Where did my "End If's" get to<g>

Gord

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:56:39 -0600, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > Sub AbsoluteRow()
>> > Dim Cell As Range
>> >     For Each Cell In Selection
>> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
>> >         Next
>> >     End Sub
>> >
>> > Sub Relative()
>> > Dim Cell As Range
>> >     For Each Cell In Selection
>> >         If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >             Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >             (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
>> >         Next
>> >     End Sub
>> >
>> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
><<snipped>>
>>
>> I tried that, but I got an error with  (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
>> xlAbsRowRelColumn)
>> I changed the reference to be Cell.Formula, XlE3, xlE3, ...... as E3

1/6/2009 3:36:53 PM
Maybe you changed from a single line If/Then (with continuation characters) to
block If/then/endif's???

(Or just copied from a old, old, old version????  <vbg>)

Gord Dibben wrote:

> Where did my "End If's" get to<g>
>
> Gord
>
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:56:39 -0600, Dave Peterson
> <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> >Don't change those values.
> >
> >But Gord had a couple of typos:
> >
> >Option Explicit
> >Sub AbsoluteCol()
> >Dim Cell As Range
> >    For Each Cell In Selection
> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
> >        End If
> >    Next Cell
> >End Sub
> >Sub Absolute()
> >Dim Cell As Range
> >    For Each Cell In Selection
> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
> >        End If
> >    Next Cell
> >End Sub
> >Sub AbsoluteRow()
> >Dim Cell As Range
> >    For Each Cell In Selection
> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
> >        End If
> >    Next Cell
> >End Sub
> >Sub Relative()
> >Dim Cell As Range
> >    For Each Cell In Selection
> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
> >        End If
> >    Next Cell
> >End Sub
> >

> >Just select the range to fix and run Gord's macro for the reference style you
> >want.
> >

> >sarahds wrote:

> ><<snipped>>
> >>
> >> I tried that, but I got an error with  (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
> >> xlAbsRowRelColumn)
> >> I changed the reference to be Cell.Formula, XlE3, xlE3, ...... as E3
> >> was the starting row and column

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
1/6/2009 3:59:46 PM
The latter<g>

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:59:46 -0600, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>Maybe you changed from a single line If/Then (with continuation characters) to
>block If/then/endif's???
>
>(Or just copied from a old, old, old version????  <vbg>)
>
>Gord Dibben wrote:
>>
>> Where did my "End If's" get to<g>
>>
>> Gord
>>
>> On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:56:39 -0600, Dave Peterson
>> <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Don't change those values.
>> >
>> >But Gord had a couple of typos:
>> >
>> >Option Explicit
>> >Sub AbsoluteCol()
>> >Dim Cell As Range
>> >    For Each Cell In Selection
>> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
>> >        End If
>> >    Next Cell
>> >End Sub
>> >Sub Absolute()
>> >Dim Cell As Range
>> >    For Each Cell In Selection
>> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
>> >        End If
>> >    Next Cell
>> >End Sub
>> >Sub AbsoluteRow()
>> >Dim Cell As Range
>> >    For Each Cell In Selection
>> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
>> >        End If
>> >    Next Cell
>> >End Sub
>> >Sub Relative()
>> >Dim Cell As Range
>> >    For Each Cell In Selection
>> >        If Cell.HasFormula Then
>> >            Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
>> >                (Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
>> >        End If
>> >    Next Cell
>> >End Sub
>> >

>> >Just select the range to fix and run Gord's macro for the reference style you
>> >want.

>> ><<snipped>>

0
Gord

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

a simple math formula
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question. I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to automatically convert to US pounds. The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne Hi David In C5 enter =CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm") and copy down through C6:C77 -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:upOf6pgUJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Array Formula #7
I have an array formula that works correct up to the 20th row. It quit running on row 20 or it does not pick up any information after row 20. Any help out ther -- pete576 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pete5761's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49427 Rather impossible to tell... What's the formula, and what cell(s) is it entered into? What type of data is in any referenced ranges? In article <pete5761.205n5a_1134773401.141...

Labels in Formulas requires manual refresh?
I use Labels in Formulas extensively. (Excel 2003 11.5612.5606) That is, I tick off Options/Calculations/"Accept Labels in Formulas" and then use whatever text string I've placed at the top of a column of data to refer to it. It has many benefits over Named Ranges, dynamic or otherwise for my purposes, but one ongoing annoyance. When I add data to the bottom of the column of data, the in-cell formula using the label for reference does not change when it should. Workaround: Select cell, F2 or double click to open it, Enter. I have a number of such formulae so updating can be ...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Convert Double Space To Single Space
How do you convert double spaced text to single spaced? I don't see an option for this in Outlook. I can paste into Notepad, copy and then paste into Outlook, but I would prefer a way to do it within Outlook. ...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Excel Formula Help
I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no experience with excel. I want to do something real basic like if A2=laptop display $10 or if A2=desktop display $20 how do I do this? I think that if the list of options is more than a just a few, a =vlookup() function would work nicely. It may seem a little complex to start, but once you use it, you'll find tons of more reasons to use it. Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html BadSector wrote: > > I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

absolutely cannot resolve timeout error
OL 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Win XP HE Follow-up to: *microsoft.public.outlook* (this message is cross-posted to the newsgroups that appear in the headers. To reply, just click "Reply" in news client and it will go to the follow-up newsgroup *microsoft.public.outlook*, where u can follow the thread. Thanks.) Hi, I am constantly receiving error message: Task 'smtp server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your s...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...

passeord Protect for excel formula and VBA code
Hi, i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, its for used for user purpose, i need how to protect the formula and VBA at the time of user using. kindly let me know , kindly help me out i need user password : for user can upload the data in non restriction cell, admin password : can change any thing(change power) pls help me, Please ask on the Excel board. "deen" wrote: > Hi, > > i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, > > its for used for user purpose, > > i need how to protect the formula and ...

Tiebreaker in a Index formula?
I need a tiebreaker for a formula. Right now the formula reads: =INDEX(A$3:A$21,MATCH(D28,Y$3:Y$21,0)) which works real well But when there is a tie it shows on one store twice instead of listing the two separate stores. I have two stores have the exact scores and it list the store with the lower store number twice. For example I have store 598 and store 698 both with a score of 100% but in the ranking of the stores it shows store 598 twice instead of 598 then 698. Is it possible to have a tiebreaker, with the index formula, that can list the stores in descending order, 598 first...

locking / unlocking cell in formula
E F 1 Do you own a guitar validation cell (yes/no) 2 If yes is it a Gibson 3 Is it a 5 string 4 Is it electric 5 Do you own a piano 6 Is it electric 7 Does it have 88 keys 8 Do you own a TV 9 Is it color 10 Is it an LCD 11 Is it 25" 12 Is it 32" 13 Is it 42" 14 Do you own a radio I would like to lock cells F2:F4 if F1 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock cells F6:F7 if F5 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock ce...

plz help in to creat formula of excel
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

display result of formula
How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have tried "recalculating") Peter Peter Chadbund expressed precisely : > How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that > calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have > tried "recalculating") > Peter Change the cell format to 'General'. Redo the formula. Change the cell format to 'Number' and apply your display preferenc...

User Form Formula ?
Hi On a user form I have 2 Text Boxes in which to enter cash figures Excluding TAX - on the worksheet these 2 figures enter columns E & G - in column K I have the formula =IF(SUM(E3+G3)=0"", SUM(E3+G3)*17.5% - If I create a new Text Box on the user form could it generate the Tax as the formula above and then on clicking Add Iformation Button it would enter column K thus doing away with the formula in column K on the worksheet which is sometimes altered by mistake. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully Yes, you could add TextBox3.Text = Format(CStr((Val(Tex...

Excel 2003 Formula Error
Bit of a strange one this..... I have been sent a workbook which tracks staff absences, holidays etc. There is a fomula which calculates the total number of days off, holidays etc. by summing up a specific cell value from each month tab of the workbook. This works fine but if a user changes one of these cell values (from blank to 1 for example) but then decides to delete the number entered (leaving the cell blank again) the calculated "Sum" cell on the summary sheet then displays a "#Value" error. Try as I might I cannot replicate this error in Excel 2...