insert number in column #2

I have a column with threedigits  for telephone extensions. I want to insert
a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been
increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../

Thanks.

AFD

0
afdmello (75)
10/19/2007 5:38:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

In a blank column (say column H), enter

H1:     =1 & A1

or, if you want them as numbers rather than text:

H1:     =1000+A1

copy down as far as necessary. Select the column and copy it. Select the
original column and choose Edit/Paste Special/Values.

In article <Om6vrJpEIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
 "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a column with threedigits  for telephone extensions. I want to insert
> a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been
> increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../
>
> Thanks.
>
> AFD
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels
I have created a label template in Publisher 2003. There are six labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers on each of the labels. Unfortunately, that has not worked. Instead of getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on six different labels on one page. Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six different labels on one page? You may have to run this through twice or setup your names ...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

ClistCtrl > How to auto-adjust columns size ?
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. I populate it with some items (less than 10). I'd like to programmatically auto-adjust the columns width according to their content, exactly like pressing Ctrl+'+' on a ListCtrl. Any idea ? Thanks, Dansk "Dansk" <dansk@laouilest.com> wrote in message news:e1x4VF9wHHA.276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. > I populate it with some items (less than 10). > > I'd like to programmatically auto-adjus...

RMS 2.0 Integration Approach
Hi everyone, I have Commerce Server 2009 in place and would like to integrate it with RMS2.0. What are some ways in general that an external system can integrate with RMS2.0? Regards. ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Trouble Printing Checks #2
I'm using Money 2004. I have a list of checks to be printed, but no 'Print Checks' on the left side panel. When I go the 'File' menu to print checks it gives me a "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed." message. What can I do? David See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "David" wrote: > What can I do? I would run a file repair to see if that will correct the number do indicate the number of checks that have been set to "print". "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

OS version 10.2
In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements for 2004, it says that it is for users who have 10.2.8 or later. Is OS 10.2 upgradable to 10.2.8 or do I need to go with Office X or 2001 for OS 10.2? Heath Kuszak IT Manager Verdone Landscape Architects, Inc. Heath Kuszak <heath@verdonelandarch.com> wrote: > In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS > 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements > for 2004, ...

Matrix #2
Hiya, I need to create a chart which is a matrix of four 'boxes' (a bit like the BCG 'Cash cow, star, etc matrix if you know it). But am having real trouble. What I need is this (and I'm going for the simplest method here - I ignored the four 'boxes' and just tried to get the data as I want on the chart): Data source: Project Name Value(1-10) Difficulty(1-10) Proj1 5 8 Proj2 8 10 Proj3 1 8 Proj4 3 ...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

check number > 10000
I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the 10000 mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999 so they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this could really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution? Would another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to enter check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my Credit union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union check number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept ...

How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs?
How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the answer I'm after is 17 A1 -10 A2 5 A3 -2 =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:19:52 GMT, Invalid <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote: >How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the >answer I'm after is 17 > >A1 -10 >A2 5 >A3 -2 > > Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in news:1o2f63pa84r8o6tdf65sa9ptpbv0nlt7u6@4ax.com: Thank you Gord. ----- > =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) > > > Gord Dibben M...

Conditionally inserting image
Hi there, Does anyone out there know if its possible in Excel (2002) to conditionally insert an image into a file based upon the results of formula. So for instance... If a2 > 100 then [insert red traffic light image] Else If a2 > 50 then [insert amber traffic light image] Else [insert green traffic light image] Im familiar with VBA and wonder if that holds the solution but either way Im not sure how to reference each image (& dont know how each image is stored)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Phil You don't need an image. You can simply use conditional formatting on...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

CDialog::DoModal() (2)
Few days ago I have asked the same question but didn't get any answers. :( This is my problem: I have written plugin for one app and it crashes here: //dlgcore.cpp CDialog::DoModal() { .... if (m_nFlags & WF_CONTINUEMODAL) { // enter modal loop DWORD dwFlags = MLF_SHOWONIDLE; if (GetStyle() & DS_NOIDLEMSG) dwFlags |= MLF_NOIDLEMSG; //It crashes on the line below VERIFY(RunModalLoop(dwFlags) == m_nModalResult); } .... } I belive that possible cause was that I didn't initialized MFC in any way. I have noticed this in my other pro...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send #2
i am using outlook 2003 and windows XP and can receive but not send e-mail. i can send occasionally but only about 1 out of 50 or so attempts, so i am assuming that all my settings are correct as i can send sometimes. i have just upgraded to outlook 2003 and was using outlook 2002. i have verified that my account settings are correct. i have no firewall. can anybody offer any suggestions. Hey Jim, Does the email you are trying to send bounce back as undeliverable? If so, what error message goes with it? I am fighting something similar with Outlook97, and am looking for ideas of what to ...

find sum in list of of numbers
Hello, I have a list of numbers in a column and I need to find which numbers when summed together equal a figure. I have a list of invoice amounts that I need to match up with payments (the payments are always made for several invoices so I need to come up with sums of several invoices to get to this payment amount). An example would be I have this in the following section (A1:A10): $17,213.82 $4,563.02 $85,693.42 $1,166.01 $725.90 $580.09 $2,243.75 $240.16 $207.70 $725.90 I need to find which combination of these figures would sum $1,173.76. Thanks in Advance, Dza the troubled ...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

macro #2
I'm new at this so this might seem elementary but if you don't know you ask those that do. I've created a macro that is suppose to clear the input data on a worksheet when a command button is clicked. However when the msgbox appears asking them if they wish to continue and they click "yes" nothing happens.I've included the code that I've written. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub cmdclear_Click() MsgBox "Caution: You are about to delete the information on this worksheet" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Do you wish to continue?"...