insert metadata

I am trying to find out how to include the Excel metadata into a worksheet.

In Word, it would be called a field and can be inserted by clicking Insert,
Field, Document Information, DocProperty and then selecting one of the
various properties including any custom fields.

I am unable to find the equivalent in Excel.

Thanks, Mike

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel doesn't support this directly.  But you could use a userdefined function
to retrieve either builtindocumentproperties or even CustomDocumentProperties.

Here's one by Chip Pearson that does both:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=e9D1rKor9GA.202%40uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net
(one line in your browser)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Cannot insert Excel Object in Winword
I have a problems trying to insert Excel object in Winword. Office 2003 SP3. If Excel is not opened I get error: Microsoft Office can't start the application to open this object. An error occurred and this feature is no longer ....." If Excel is opened the is everything OK. TNX on any idea. Ivan Hi, You might look at this and see if it applies to your situaltion: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328613/en-us -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "dim" wrote: > I have a problems trying to insert Excel object in Winword. Office > 2003 SP3. > > If Excel is not op...

Inserting Signature #4

Insert Hyperlink
I would like to insert an e-mail into a Excel cell as my backup. Is there a way to do it? Thanks Hi Eileen, Not sure what "as a backup" means in this context. Bernard "Eileen" <eileenli68@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a301c3929f$2e6b86c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to insert an e-mail into a Excel cell as my > backup. Is there a way to do it? > > Thanks I basically want to insert an e-mail as hyterlink. When I click the link, it will take me to the specific e-mail. I know how to insert a website. What about an e-mail? >-----Origina...

Date field inserting time into workflow
I have created 2 attributes, Start Date & End Date. They are datetime field but Date only on the form. When I attempt to use the fields in a workflow, specifically creating an email activity, it also inserts a time stamp for both the Start & End Dates. It looks like this: 03/21/2007 11:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) - 03/21/2007 11:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) If I created the attribute as a Date Only, why is it assigning a timestamp? Can I eliminate that timestamp from the workflow? Melissa Unfortunately the storage is always datetime...

Office won't let me insert pics from file
Up until today, I've enjoyed the ease of inserting pics from files into any office product. For some reason, today it's choosing to not be my firend. When I go to Insert>Picture>From File it just freezes. I've sent countless error reports to microsoft in hopes that I could figure this one out on my own, but I've hit a brick wall. I rebooted by computer, ran office updates and rebooted again, all to no avail. Any help would be appreciated -- I really don't want to have to reinstall Office if at all possible. Thanks! Turn the acceleration down on your ada...

Inserting extra info into a cell
I currently have three columns in a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is used as a bilingual glossary of terms. The first column simply contains the following: ** Now the second column contains my Spanish words and the third column my English words. So, it looks something like this:- ** Hola Hello Now, I wish to import this data into some new software I have however, it requires me to put the word <Spanish> before every words in the second column and <English> before every word in the third column. So, in essence, it will be ** <Spanish>...

inserting more than one column
What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will do the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder. Thank you. Hi Columns("A:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight -- Regards Roger Govier "SITCFanTN" <SITCFanTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FA6CB-C861-4BCB-93C9-E98232636594@microsoft.com... > What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I > recorded a macro but I know there has to be...

Insert cells at end of selection
Hi, I have a macro that I want to change to go look in a range of cells A3:R1000 and find the last row with data. I then want to step back and insert cells above this row. Eg, i have data in row 140, so I want to insert cells to get a blank lot of cells in row 140 from columns A to R. Is this possible? Kirsty This should do what you want, just assign the number of rows of cells in Columns A through R to insert to the NumberOfBlankRows variable (I used 4 for my example code)... Sub InsertBlankCellsColumnsAtoR() Dim LastRow As Long, NumberOfBlankRows NumberOfB...

inserting a hard return with replace in a cell
Is there a way to insert a hard return or line break using the replace function in a cell? Thanks brent Use char(10) in your =replace() function. (and remember to turn wraptext on) Brent wrote: > > Is there a way to insert a hard return or line break using the replace > function in a cell? > Thanks > brent -- Dave Peterson Thanks! "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message news:45FF0B46.FD839002@verizonXSPAM.net... > Use char(10) in your =replace() function. > > (and remember to turn wraptext on) > > > > Brent...

inserting an excel table into word document
How do i insert an existing excel table into a new word doc? I have been using copy and paste but the table format is changed once copied into Word. Is there any other ways? Also, can I insert an Excel table that was in 'landscape' page setup, into a Word in 'Portrait' mode? Thank you in advance for your help!!! ...

Error: The node to be inserted is from a different document context
I'm getting an error that I'm very confused about. I'm trying to generate an XML file completely from scratch in code. Here is the code fragment that is causing me headaches: Dim mBOEDOC as xml.xmldocument dim inode as xml.xmlnode dim iNode2 as xml.Xmlnode mboedoc=new xml.xmldocument inode2=mboedoc.createnode(xml.XmlNodeType.Document, "BOETask", "") iNode = mBOEDoc.createnode(xml.xmlnodetype.Element, "Program","") inode2.appendchild(inode) Inode.innertext=mprogramname The error is showing up on the appendchild procedure. I'm gene...

Frank!
Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel doc. Any help would be much appreciated. Al You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell Sub insert3rows() ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F3B97CA-5650-408B-86F5-28A93E287259@microsoft.com... > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an ...

Can not insert data into List Control, why?
Hi all, I use the following code to insert columns and list data, I find the columns could be inserted successfully, but I can not see the inserted data, when I try to debug the progrm , I find the return iPos value is -1 LV_COLUMN lvc; lvc.mask = LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_SUBITEM | LVCF_WIDTH | LVCF_FMT; lvc.fmt=LVCFMT_CENTER; lvc.iSubItem = 0; lvc.pszText = _T("PORT"); lvc.cx = 50; m_ctlProgressList.InsertColumn(1,&lvc); lvc.iSubItem = 1; lvc.pszText = _T("STATUS"); lvc.cx = 260; m_ctlProgressList.InsertColumn(2,&lvc); lv...

Inserting X-headers in Exchange 2003
In order to use our StrongMail MTA we need to insert X-headers in messages (to determine the sending IPs). Is is possible to insert X-headers in MS Exchange 2003? ...

inserting phase lines on a line graph
Does anyone know how to insert a phase linei nto a line graph? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

inserting pgs into publisher
When I insert or drag pgs into publisher, why are they smaller in inches than they were in Photoshop? growing chickens wrote: > When I insert or drag pgs into publisher, why are they smaller in > inches than they were in Photoshop? ====================================== A 'page' from PhotoShop would just like any other Photo. You can resize it in Publisher to any size you like by dragging the corner handles. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me ma...

How to insert date using a pop up calendar control in a cell in E.
It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user clicks on a cell a calendar pops up allowing the selection of a date. I just can't figure out how to do it. 1. View..ToolBars...Control Toolbox 2. Click the button for More controls (looks like two hammers) 3. From the list Select "Microsoft Date Time Picker " 4. Drag on sheet for the size of the control 5. Turn off design mode (green triangle on the control toolbox) to use the DT control "sinned81" wrote: > It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user &...

can't record a new macro or insert module in editor
When i try to record a new macro it tells me it is unalbe to record. When i go into the VB editor and go to the insert menu all the items are greyed out so I can't select module and so create a new macor that way. I have changed the security off from high (tried on both medium and low). Does anybody know why I can't make new macros? Douglas Allen Douglas Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes. Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this issue. Perhaps something will do the trick. The Personal.xls file ...

Inserting alternate blank rows in Excel
I have several spreadsheets with between 2,000 and 3,000 rows of data. I'm using them to import data into some accounting software. The format required by the software is that each row of data is separated by a blank row. Short of individually inserting several thousand rows, does anyone know another way of changing the layout of the spreadsheet? Well, you could add a helper column and enter 1, 3, 5, and copy down to the bottom of what you've got. You could then put 2,4,6,8 ... in blank rows until you have the max # of what you need. Then sort by the helper column. Make su...

CListCtrl inserting an item
Hi I have my list control being populated and nicely working from my scrollbar and page up/down buttons. The problem I have is, that when I click an item it gets erased. I had thought that maybe I could retrieve the LV_ITEM information, but I am not totally sure how to retrieve my LV_ITEM struct from my list control. I have tried doing a hit test and getting the information with GetItem(LV_ITEM*) from the acquired item number, but this doesnt get populated in any way. Any help guys? Secondly, is it possible to use the LV_ITEM lParam member to store an address of data, so that it can be...

insert file in word 2007 not working correctly
I'm creating a document that basically has 1) a header followed by a three column table 2) the first column contains a number one (using the document number icon on the ribbon) thus as I add new rows to the table the first cell is automatically updated with the next sequential number 3) the next two columns are for misc information 4) there are no additional rows at this time in this table 5) I then start a new header+table as described above Because I have a LOT of these entries I found it much eaiser to create several sets of the header + table as described above. In this s...

Inserting a picture XL2003
If cell A1 contains a ref EG "C:\ Photos\Pic1.jpg ( this could be up to Pic200).Is it possible to insert so that Pic1 appears in cell "f1" ? I have downloaded some code which will work but it means keeping all images in the same worksheet. Ideally I would like to leave them all as ".jpgs" in a separate folder. Thanks very much ...

2003: scanning, & picking partial picture, how do I insert?
On old publisher 98, after scanning a picture, I could the outline the part I wanted to save and just click on "insert". with publisher 2003, I can scan, but do not find a way to insert picture on my page. Is there something I am missing?? I'd recommend scanning your photo first and crop out the unwanted parts with your favorite photo editing program. Then insert it in your Pub document. Proper tool for the proper job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bill B" <Bill B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD4B496-16BC-49AE-A406...

How to insert an image in 2nd column of a CListCtrl.
Hi How do I insert an image in a column( any column other than the first one) of a ClistCtrl? Is it possible? At present I am setting LV_ITEMs iSubItem to the column number but it still inserts it in the first column. :( . Here is the Sample code that I have been using. lvitem.mask = LVIF_TEXT;//Sets the mask type (Text Type) lvitem.state = 0; lvitem.stateMask = 0; lvitem.iItem = nPos;//Sets the position of the row in the list lvitem.pszText = (LPSTR) pText; //Some text lvitem.iSubItem = 0; nIndex = m_lctlRearrangeTyreList.InsertItem ( &lvitem) ; for (int i = 1; i < nNoOfCo...

How to insert bmp in RichEditCtrl
Can any body give me code to insert emoticons in a chat window. ...