Insert function - doesn't include all functions??

In a cell, enter "=".  Then use the insert-function list on the top-left
above the A column, which shows the last functions used.  At the bottom of
this list is "More Functions..." which helps you find the function you want,
by category, say.

But this insert-function tool doesn't have all the available functions!  For
example, Workday and Networkdays are excluded.  I wonder what else is
excluded.  How many times I've been trying to fund a function to do
something and gave up because I couldn't seem to find it.  Yet the Help
feature seems to have these missing functions.

Can the list be refreshed with the complete list?  Is there an Excel update
for this?

Thanks!

0
hall (126)
3/23/2006 3:04:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> For  example, Workday and Networkdays are excluded.

Functions that a part of the Analysis Took Pak, as are WORKDAY
and NETWORKDAYS, are not listed in function list.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message
> In a cell, enter "=".  Then use the insert-function list on the
> top-left above the A column, which shows the last functions
> used.  At the bottom of this list is "More Functions..." which
> helps you find the function you want, by category, say.
>
> But this insert-function tool doesn't have all the available
> functions!  For example, Workday and Networkdays are excluded.
> I wonder what else is excluded.  How many times I've been
> trying to fund a function to do something and gave up because I
> couldn't seem to find it.  Yet the Help feature seems to have
> these missing functions.
>
> Can the list be refreshed with the complete list?  Is there an
> Excel update for this?
>
> Thanks!

0
chip1 (1821)
3/23/2006 3:12:26 PM
Do you have the analysis pack selected in Tools|Addins?

I see both those workday and networkdays when I've turned that on (xl2003).

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0
> Do you have the analysis pack selected in Tools|Addins?
>
> I see both those workday and networkdays when I've turned that on
> (xl2003).
>
> Hall wrote:
>>
>> In a cell, enter "=".  Then use the insert-function list on the top-left
>> above the A column, which shows the last functions used.  At the bottom
>> of
>> this list is "More Functions..." which helps you find the function you
>> want,
>> by category, say.
>>
>> But this insert-function tool doesn't have all the available functions!
>> For
>> example, Workday and Networkdays are excluded.  I wonder what else is
>> excluded.  How many times I've been trying to fund a function to do
>> something and gave up because I couldn't seem to find it.  Yet the Help
>> feature seems to have these missing functions.
>>
>> Can the list be refreshed with the complete list?  Is there an Excel
>> update
>> for this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
hall (126)

Variable Functions
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column of numbers. Sometimes I want to know the max of the numbers in the column, sometimes the min, sometimes the average, etc. Is there a way for me to type the word MAX or MIN or AVERAGE or . . . into a cell and have the appropriate value appear right below the word I typed? That would mean that the function would have to be set by the words I type in the cell above where the function is located. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Why not just assign 6 cells to provide this info for you. Enter MAX, MIN, and AVG in 3 cells, and under ea...

Eternal Spinning Wait Cursor on editing Any Word Document (including when opening a fresh word session)

Problem printing inserted images
I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I insert images in my files some of them print out as solid black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine, and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than many applications. Go to your printer manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://o...

??? Ctrl Shilft End function is disabled
For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard shortcut. -- Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-) Jaylin *****Jaylin Message ended******* CTRL+Shift+End does not work in Shared Workbooks. Perhaps that is the cause? Jaylin wrote: > For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer > available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard > shortcut. Is this done to terminate worksheet re-calculations or to end macros that are running...

Sum Function
I am having a brain freeze, I need a sum of a field where a name = Carla could someone please assist? =Sum [SCD the table] [Assigned fieldname] = Carla Thanks In case Carla isn't the only name you will ever want to Sum by, what about using the SortingGrouping box to sort by your PersonsName field, giving it a Footer and then you can have a Sum in the Group Footer. Or you can do the summing in a Totals query grouped by name and put the results as a Subreport in a Report's Footer You could also use the DSum Function (if Carla really is the only person being summed) Evi "lmos...

Inserting animated GIFs in WLM
When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on the composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it shows up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the animation just fine as well. I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image would show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available with WLM? You are correct. When you are reading an email in WLM it basically uses Internet Explorer as the display mechanism. However when you are composing an email it uses a different engine. So the dis...

Excel function in Word. Is it possible?
Using the trial version of word and excel 7 and would like to be able to perform a function similar to the VLOOKUP (or HLOOKUP) like excel. I would like to have one document that will automatically insert the proper text based on what is chosen from a pull down list. Specifically, it is for a master specification for new home construction of which i have 6 different levels of specs. 90% of all of them is identical however there are maybe a dozen or so entries that differ between them, e.g. if specification A is selected, the field for that item would list a steel painted front do...

One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work
Hi All, Any help on this is very much appreciated!! Right, here goes! I have two exchange servers which are both running on Win 2k3 SP1. Exchange is 2003 SP1. One of my exchange servers comes to a halt and the only way to get it back up and running is by hard resetting the server! When this has been rebooted the server works fine and reports no errors in the logs after the reboot. However, I am getting the following event logs showing errors prior to reboot: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 16/10/2006 Time: 1:35:46 AM User: N/A Com...

Can I use solver functions in a protected (locked) worksheet?
I am using the solver function to optimize a blend of products. I want to lock (protect) some areas of the worksheet, but when doing so the solver function will not work and the following translated message arrives: The active document is not a worksheet, is protected or shared. Hope someone can help me. Thank you. Niels ...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Text inserting in Shapes
Is there are shapes in visio that text can be inserted in the top and bottom of the shape (in two locations). I see shapes that appear to have space for two sections but I can not insert text into both locations - it only allows text in one slot or the other but not both. Is there a specific shape or a trick to changing the characteristics of a shape to allow for a shape to enter text in two locations? Any Visio shape can have a single text block A shape can be a group of other shapes A text block can be edited to be a different size and rotation to the bounding rectangle of the shape i...

Report Writer, which function to convert amount to string ?
In the Report Writer, i need to convert the amount or total amount field content and convert its format and store into the calculated field which is in string format. Please advise me which function I can use to convert it to string and this will then combine/join with other calculated fields (string format). Many Thanks in advance. Hi, in GP Report Writer, you can use the System-Defined Function CUR_STR(). Just pass the any currency field to the function on any calculated field of type string. You can then use concatenate operator to combine this new field with any string f...

Software Reset Function
Hi: Does anyone know how to make Software rest function in Window CE, is this BSP related or need make the function in PMIC driver and/or call IOControl ? Please advise. Thanks. If you want to reset the board from your application you can use: SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_RESET, 0); or SetSystemPowerState(L"reset", 0, 0); CJ "Mike3000" wrote: > Hi: > > Does anyone know how to make Software rest function in Window CE, is this > BSP related or need make the function in PMIC driver and/or call IOControl ? > Please advis...

How to remove an Excel Main Menu item inserted by .xla file
Excel 2003 & 97 Thought I knew how to do this. But ... An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File, Edit, ........ Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc". I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to ask me to remove it from the Addins list. But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar. How do I get rid of it? TIA Dennis Hi one way: Close Excel and start it again. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FF26551E-4AAC-4233-A8AD-F941C213FB9E@micro...

MessageBox Function
Using Visual Studio 2008 running under Windows Vista. After spending quite a lot of time with C++ console applications, I'm starting to use MFC to develop Windows applications. My first attempt was to create the traditional program that displays "Hello, World." Quite simple. Just a dialog box that contains two buttons: Say Hello, and Exit. I let the wizards create the skeleton. For the Say Hello button, I used the Event Handler wizard and replaced the TODO line with the statement: MessageBox("Hello, World.", "Message", MB_OKCANCEL); The compiler said there...

Need excel copy a row and automatically insert new rows based on a cell contents
How do I make excel copy a row and then automatically insert new rows that are copies of that row based on a number in one of the cells in the original row. (ie; if the original row (Row 1),has purchase info about 10 ten pc's, (Quantity in Column B), I need to generate ten rows with the details from Row 1). -- paulmm ...

Between function
Is there a function in Excel that will determine whether a cell value is between x and y? I can't find one. I'd like to write an "IF" formula that returns a certain result if the value is between 1 and 100 and a different result if it isn't. Please let me know the proper syntax of the "Between" function if you can. Well, sort of... it's not a dedicated 'between' function, but this is how: =IF(AND(B1>1, B1<100), TrueValueHere, FalseValueHere) where B1 is the cell you're looking at. You probably want it to be inclusive of the 1 a...

Updating VBA function?
Is there a way to update this function so that it executes the same set of criteria for the data on line 32, 45, 58 and so on? In other words, every 13th line has a different set of data of that I would like to have analyzed in the same way that this function analyzes the data in line 19? Everywhere line 19 and 7 is listed, the next group is line 32 and line 7 is line 20 and so on. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'make whole sheet the target If Target.Column > 0 Then 'clear previous answer answer = "" 'see what lookup code has been g...

XP SP 2 slows down Interbase and screwed up some Crystal Report functions.
Hi: Had XP running fine on IBM S-50. Believe SP 1 (Maybe 2). App/interbase worked like a rocket as it did on win2k. XP crashed (blue screen - no recovery) so had to reinstall XP SP2 and all apps. Immediate problems with Interbase horribly slow. Disabled recovery etc. no change. ADODB.Stream disabled. This had created problems with the app on the original installation so that is not the problem. Can't understand what has happened. Second issue: With the new SP 2 installation of XP am getting weird errors with Crystal. Most reports print fine but a few reports not ...

Is there a function to add up minutes and seconds?
Assistance appreciated. How do I add up a column of minutes/seconds formatted as, for example, 1:03 to produce a total minutes and seconds ? BT, =SUM(A2:A20) Format as needed. Format - Cells - Number - Time FOrmat - Cells - Number - Custom [mm]:ss -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "BT" <uce2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40dae571$0$1906$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Assistance appreciated. How do I add up a column of minutes/seconds > formatted as, for example, 1:03 to produce a ...

Match Function Problem
I'm having trouble with the Match function in Excel XP. I have a list of numbers from 0.01 to 125.00 and I'm telling the match function to look down the column and find specific numbers based on user input. The problem I'm having is that certain number work and other don't...I've tried reformatting the user input cell and the Match table to every format I can think or including text and I can't get it to work. I've verified that all the numbers I'm working with are limited to just 2 decimal places. Any help??? PE, Post an example of your data, and th...

Help requested in formulating Functions and script to create a mat
Visual Studio.net 2003, SQL Server Report Designer, SQL Query Analyser. I have a table of milestones with data such as project, miletone name, baseline date, planned date and actual date. My task is to produce a chart that has months in the columns and for each month a set of blocks of data, made by concatenating fileds form the table, for milestones due in that month. I can extract the 'blocks' of data easily enough but when I put them in columns each successive month starts on a new line below those of the previous month. I need it so that the first milestone of each ...

using the count function
I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for each dept, is this possible Sure. It's called Countif. See this article: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/count_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "barklek" <barklek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D177E99-6A3B-4845-A067-B31495706CA8@microsoft.com... >I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for > each dept, is this possible barklek Wrote: > I have 5 departments and I am tryi...

Print copied Excel document including gridlines in Word?
Grid lines copied into WORD 2007 from an EXCEL 2007 document won't print. Can anyone help? "Gridlines" in Word tables (which is what you get if you just paste data from Excel) do not print. If you want printable lines, you have to apply borders; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "captmarv" <captmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D76D5B1-059D-43BA-90C6-6C99340B648E@microsoft.com... > Grid lines co...