Insert a Row

How do you insert a new row imbetween rows
without bringing down the Color of the above
row?
It always happen's
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The only thing would possibly be a Macro with cleanup

With Thanks

0
smandula (16)
1/6/2007 2:47:50 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I found a solution.

Copy a Blank row,
Then use copy insert

I would welcome other solutions

0
smandula (16)
1/6/2007 3:07:00 PM
Tools>Options>Edit.  Uncheck "extend data range formats and formulas"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 6 Jan 2007 07:07:00 -0800, "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote:

>I found a solution.
>
>Copy a Blank row,
>Then use copy insert
>
>I would welcome other solutions

0
Gord

Problem printing inserted images
I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I insert images in my files some of them print out as solid black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine, and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than many applications. Go to your printer manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://o...

Rows to Repeat on Top of everypage EXCEPT for two pages
I am publishing a price book that has a cover page and seven pages where I want the rows to repeat at the top and a final page. I do not want the "repeat at top" to work on the cover page or the final page. Try this: 1) present the Sheet by Page Layout (in order to show the page numbers a water marks). 2) Select the to be printed range from page 2 until page n-1. 3) Go to file > page definition > declare the rows to be repeated + The renge to be printed (from page 2 to page n-1). 4) After Printing all pages with the repeated lines + go and print page 1 and p...

Retrieving Count of rows returned from MS Access Query
Hi Folks, probably a pretty routine question here ... I am trying to determine the number of rows that would be returned prior to executing an Access query . for example: If the user selects more than 65,536 possible rows, I want to warn them and then either proceed with a subset, or give them the option of cancelling their query and specifying more selective criteria. It is a dynamic query, which lets the users click on multiple list boxes to select the "Where" component of the excel query, and I want to enable them to select right up to the maximum number of rows. Ultimately,...

Inserting animated GIFs in WLM
When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on the composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it shows up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the animation just fine as well. I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image would show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available with WLM? You are correct. When you are reading an email in WLM it basically uses Internet Explorer as the display mechanism. However when you are composing an email it uses a different engine. So the dis...

Modify Code to format entire row of data
I had the following VBA that I use to format my reports: Option Explicit Sub boldFillRangeIfCBoldOrBNull() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 1000 If Cells(i, "c").Font.Bold = True Then Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "O")).Font.Bold = True Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "O")).Interior.ColorIndex = 15 End If If Cells(i, "B") = "" Then Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i, "O")).Interior.ColorIndex = 19 End If Next i Reporting need have ch...

How do I automatically move down to the next row?
For example, I only need my spreadsheet to go to column H. Is there a way I can get it to jump down a row and to column A every time I hit tab after column H? I saw one question that had some really complicated macro thingamahoozer that I didn't understand at all. Is there a simpler way? Keep hitting <Tab> until you come to Column H. Then hit <Enter>. This will take you to the next row, and to whatever column you were in when you hit <Tab> the first time. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the ...

Hiding rows #4
I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. Is this possible and if so how? I find the easiest thing to do is to apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range. Then I can filter to show only the non-blanks. Caconz wrote: > > I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. > > I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. > Is this possible and if so how? -- Dave Peterson ...

Text inserting in Shapes
Is there are shapes in visio that text can be inserted in the top and bottom of the shape (in two locations). I see shapes that appear to have space for two sections but I can not insert text into both locations - it only allows text in one slot or the other but not both. Is there a specific shape or a trick to changing the characteristics of a shape to allow for a shape to enter text in two locations? Any Visio shape can have a single text block A shape can be a group of other shapes A text block can be edited to be a different size and rotation to the bounding rectangle of the shape i...

How to remove an Excel Main Menu item inserted by .xla file
Excel 2003 & 97 Thought I knew how to do this. But ... An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File, Edit, ........ Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc". I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to ask me to remove it from the Addins list. But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar. How do I get rid of it? TIA Dennis Hi one way: Close Excel and start it again. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FF26551E-4AAC-4233-A8AD-F941C213FB9E@micro...

unhide rows when cell is clicked
Hi everyone, Is it possible to unhide a selection of rows when you click on a cell. For example, if I had a cell that said "Fruit", and I clicked it, could it unhide 5 rows below that contained specifc types of fruit (ie apple, pear, orange etc). I am in the very beginning stages of understanding excel so any help would be greatly appreciated (but could it also be as straightforward as possible!! thank you!!!) Thanks! lauren You would need to create an event macro to do what you're asking. In the interest of keeping things more simple, perhaps the AutoFilter option might ...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Need excel copy a row and automatically insert new rows based on a cell contents
How do I make excel copy a row and then automatically insert new rows that are copies of that row based on a number in one of the cells in the original row. (ie; if the original row (Row 1),has purchase info about 10 ten pc's, (Quantity in Column B), I need to generate ten rows with the details from Row 1). -- paulmm ...

Repeating rows
I am trying to set up the print setup so that the 2 top rows are repeated at the top of each page printed....help please! Hi! Go to File > page setup Choose the sheet tab Rows to repeat at top Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26337 Click File > Page Setup > Sheet tab Under Print Titles, input* in box for: Rows to repeat at the top: $1:$2 (rows1 and 2, for example) Click OK...

Setting row color to be based on content in cells in rows in XML
What would be the best software, and also what would be the best programming language based solution, to solve the following problem: I have an XML data set I reference with the usual HTML table. What I want to do, is to give rows in the data that contain, say the word X in column 2 a red background color, while I give rows in the data that contain, the word Y in column 2 a green background color. More ambitiously, I would like to set rows that contain X in column 2 to have the font style, text color, text size, etc and also the background color determined by one CSS id, while I set the row...

delete excess rows
I have somehow gotten 1000 or more :confused: :confused: extra rows i my spreadsheet. How can I find the end and delete the extra rows -- adho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adhok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26340 I think you have to answer that yourself. You say there are extra rows. How do you know that? Just because there are too many rows? Have you checked whether some rows are duplicates of others? (Used Advanced Filter/...

Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data?
Hi all, Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell 2003? Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I want to rotate it into a row form... Thanks a lot! You'll need to explain the rules a little better.... You want to convert 992 vertical cells into one row .....but Excel 2003 only has 256 columns. *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell > 2003? > > Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I...

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

coloring in rows
Hi Could somebody please help me with the following problem? How do I set a conditional format that if L5,M5, or N5 = �BAD� the highlight the row yellow, otherwise leave it the standard non fil color (clear) Thanks Andre -- kob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2863 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48371 Select Row 5. Format> Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =OR($L5="Bad",$N5="Bad",$M5="Bad") Set ...

Excel Comment: Inserting a Carriage Return
Running VB code to add comments to a range of cells. The resulting comments look like this (all on one wrapped line): "Hatters Pond Field Mobile, AL". I'd rather the comment was on two lines: "Hatters Pond Field Mobile, AL" If I was typing the comment manually, I'd add a carriage return to get the comments on two lines. However, I'm running the code below. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mark Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim sh1 As Worksheet Dim sh2 As Worksheet Set sh1 = Worksheets("MB BUYERS") Set sh2 = Worksheets("PROJ") Dim cell As R...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Auto Row Height problem
One column of my worksheet is a Description column containing text (sometimes several sentences). It has been edited many times. When I select the entire worksheet and select Format, Row, AutoFit, some of the rows get the proper height but many either get one extra line added (no, there is not an extra return in the cells) or some of the text gets cut off (hidden below the bottom border). I currently have to check every row of this 20 page document to ensure the row heights are correct - is there a better way to adjust the row heights? (I am using Excel 2000 and 2002.) TIA, Vivian Carroll ...

publisher 2003-can't see inserted pictures. Ok with word
I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see pictures in word or powerpoint. Any suggestions? -- Ellen View, Pictures, Detailed display... If that doesn't work read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ellen" <rico*yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF546A8E-1A34-4752-A4BC-D5BB7940496D@microsoft.com... >I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see > pictures in word...

Row and columns
In excel my rows are numbered 1 through XXX and my columns are also numbered 1 through XXX. On my other computers using the same current version of Excel the columns are identified using Alpha A,B,C,D etc. Anyone know how to change the columns to Alpha v.s. numbers? Joe, tools, optins, general, and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

first row on all pages
My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2 The spread sheet goes through column AD When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not work. The data is only printed on page 1 Any suggestions Gladys Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description......... Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method instead. Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal. Merged cells cause no end of proble...