Input text message (dialog box) for data validation

Hello all:
This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much
time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am
trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks
something like this:
Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study
documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in
the Marketing Strategy Program?
a) Yes
b) No
c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but other businesses may be
included. The reporter should be contacted for more information.

I get as far as "concise comparison" in "c", but then I am not able to
enter the rest of the text. Is there a way that I can add the rest of
the text, (ie: is there a kind of work-around for this issue?
Apologies for the lengthy query, but I've googled like crazy all
morning, to no avail. :(
Cheers,
M.B.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

AFAIK ... 255 characters max!
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

<chuckandden@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
[...]

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
9/27/2006 2:49:46 PM
Hi

Could you use Data validation to give a list of valid choices, a,b,c and
attach a comment to the cell with the whole of your text.
Hovering over the cell would show the dialogue, clicking on the cell
would show the dropdown to make the selection.
Not ideal, but it may be a workaround for you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

<chuckandden@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hello all:
> This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much
> time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am
> trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks
> something like this:
> Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study
> documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in
> the Marketing Strategy Program?
> a) Yes
> b) No
> c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but other businesses may
> be
> included. The reporter should be contacted for more information.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I get as far as "concise comparison" in "c", but then I am not able to
> enter the rest of the text. Is there a way that I can add the rest of
> the text, (ie: is there a kind of work-around for this issue?
> Apologies for the lengthy query, but I've googled like crazy all
> morning, to no avail. :(
> Cheers,
> M.B.

0
roger5293 (1125)

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Interface not registered message

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Input to custom reports

Duplicate Messages

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Macro

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

macros entering data