Input Mask in 2003?

Anyone know how to set an input mask for cells in excel.  I would like
to have the date displayed when I type without having to type the / or
-.

TIA
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use an event macro that looks at your entry and converts it to a date.

Chip Pearson has the code here:
http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

2003 DST Exchange patch
I am getting ready to run the Exchange DST update util (v2) and am trying to run the Grant Mailbox Permission script as listed in KB930879, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879/en-us The documentation states: The input file must be a text file that contains legacy DNs of the user mailboxes that are delimited by CRLF. OK, how do I generate that file? Can you give me an example line of what the file would look like to compare it to? Thanks. These are two separate unrelated tasks. 1. > I am getting ready to run the Exchange DST update util (v2) and am trying to > run the Grant ...

Outlook 2003 (exchange) rules for undeliverable messages don't wor
Outlook 2003 (exchange) – rule – search a word in message text in an undeliverable replay message from system administrator! Rules in Outlook with search of a word in the message text of undeliverable replay messages from system administrator don’t work. For example: If I send a mail to test@xxx.com (this mail address doesn’t exist) I get an undeliverable message back from system administrator. The original address appears only in the message text. I just want to move undeliverable messages from one domain through a rule. So I generate a rule which should search the word “@...

With QUERY how to input a variable
I'm using query to extract data from an external database and I would like to introduce a variable in my query Example select * from xxxxx where datein between date1 and date2 where date1 and date2 are two variables Check the parameter query section of this website: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/ITS/info/training/notes/excel/query/ Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Guillaume" wrote: > I'm using query to extract data from an external database and I would like to > introduce a variable in my query > Example > select * from xxxxx > where datein between date...

migration Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I run in my domain as domain controller w2k3, and as a mail server exch5.5 on a w2k machine. I have a week ago exchange 2003 installed. 1. Active Directory Connection is OK 2. i can send mails trough this mail servers.. (i can see the users of exch5.5 in my mail server exch2003) but as a next step, i want to disable the mail server 5.5... what do i have to do? 1. I have to move the mailboxes, but HOW? 2. Do I have to change the server names in OUTLOOK (exchange 5.5 users) can you please help me? See the links for further information regarding decommissioning Exchange 5.5, answers to you ...

Data input to one cell?
I would like to input monthly data in a cell, lets say Cell A1 Within the spreadsheet I have a set of monthly figures, lets say from Cells M1 through to M12 (Jan to Dec) If state that Cell M1 = $A$1 and drag that down to M12. Is there a formula to automatically junp to Cell M2 etc when I input data into Cell A1 each month? Thank you for your expertise. Cheers, Peter Why not just input the monthly figures direct into the range M1:M12 ? Or input into A1:A12, then just link M1:M12 via using simple link formulas viz: Put in M1: =IF(A1="","",A1) Copy M1 down to M12 -- ...

Publisher 2003 Installation
We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Can we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do we need to buy two copies of the program? Two copies. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <dg4b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:28722BAD-C90B-42F1-9538-306BCD7CB637@microsoft.com... > We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. > Can > we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do > we > need to buy two copies of the program? JoAnn ...

Generating a list from Excel 2003
Hi, I would like to know how to generate a list from data in Excel 2003. I would like this list to be generated and put into a document such as Word or some other form. My Sheet has Headings such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Pass (which will bwe checked for some) Thank-you in advance for youe help If it is a table, you can simply copy and paste from Excel into MS Word. If you are trying to print labels with Excel as the database, you do that from MS Word and with the worksheet you want to use as the first worksheet (the first worksheet requirement may not be necessary in Excel...

Formula: if not in 1st row, check row/s below & input info
I am a very basic user and wish to thank anyone who can help me and answer my question in laymen terms. My spreadsheet has 25 rows that I wish to check for certain criteria ("P" or "S"). If that criteria is in cell "D2" then I want it to put the information in "A2" into "B29" or search the next cell/row down and input that information (if there) or search another row. Here's how my spreadsheet looks: A B C D 1 A B KO 2 Melissa Martin 1 3 Amy Hybsha 1 S 4 Mary Kasri 3 S 5 Judy Klingenberg 2 8 Quynh Mar 1 9 Lin...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to SP2
When I upgraded from SP1 to SP2 the owa started having problems. Are there any known issues with this? What kind of problems? Did make some customizations to OWA and the upgrade to SP2 overwrote those? -- - Ahmed Jalal ahmedj@yahoo.com "New Guy" <atranthought@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145991767.390059.152830@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > When I upgraded from SP1 to SP2 the owa started having problems. > > Are there any known issues with this? > The page has lost all of its images and the is constantly loading... The page has lost all of its...

Outlook 2003 over VPN
Hello, I am trying to connect Outlook 2003 over a VPN connection to exchange 2003 on server 2003. This connection works fine when I connect directly to my cable modem. But as soon as I go through my router I can no longer connect. If I use Outlook 2000 it works fine both ways. I do not have anything being blocked on my router that I can see. This exact same thing happens on some one elses computer at work here as well. Can anyone help me with why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Check DNS settings. Make sure you can ping Exchange server by fully qualified domain name...

Outlook 2003 and ActiveSync #2
Hello, I am currently running Outlook 2003 and has been working great. However, when I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 so I could use my Compaq iPac with Mobile 2002 Outlook started to get weird. The only thing I have noticed is the system tray Outlook icon never seems to want to function when Active Sync is installed. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks! --Brian Define "weird" and "does not function." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Outlook 2003 Cached Mode problems
I have a client who successfully connects to an Exchange server using Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode. All with the exception of one is working fine. This particular user, all of a sudden is unable to connect. Symptoms started with new messages not appearing. With Cached Mode off all is fine but as the server is remote it is deadly slow. The OST has been deleted, the Profile has been created, Outlook has been repair, and even uninstalled and reinstalled, but always the same problem. The Calendar and the Contacts sync fine, then early on through the Inbox it stops. Nothing else syncs. I have...

Exchange 2003 Server
I have got an Exchange 2003 server up and running over this past weekend. My old 2000 Exchange server is still around also. What I am noticing is that when I am on the 2003 server I don't see all the options like I do on the 2000 server. When I am in the protocols on the 2003 server, I see my default virtual server for POP3 but nothing under SMTP, but I do see it when I am on the 2K server. The same goes for my connectors. I see them on the 2000 server but not on the 2003. any ideas? You should see SMTP under protocols and you should see the connectors folder under routing grou...

Exchange 2003 not receiving mail
I have installed exchange 2003 on our network and I am receiving mail from about 50% of our customers/vendors. They get no errors back when sending and I see nothing on our servers side to indicate a problem. It always takes about 5 minutes to receive any messages that come through, which isn't a big deal but it seems like that should be faster. We also just moved to a new ISP and have a full T1 connection so the connection shouldn't be a problem. Today I had them add a reverse DNS record for our ip because I have read that some servers use that as a spam blocker. I am not sure...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

excel 2003
Hi, how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) Thank for your help Milan Hi - change the color palette in a new workbook - save this workbook as 'book.xlt' template in your Excel startup folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Petrasek wrote: > Hi, > > how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) > forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) > > Thank for your help > > Milan Thanks, but this procedure doesn't work correctly. I create...

Administrator 5.5 with Exchange Server 2003
I recently installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. It came with Exchange Administrator 5.5. The administrator program does not work. When I try to connect to my server I get an error. I've browsed through hundreds of similar postings and one in particular mentioned that Admin 5.5 will not run on 2003. If this is true then how do I administer my exchange server? Thanks, Matt On 14 Mar 2005 05:52:47 -0800, mattrapoport@gmail.com wrote: >I recently installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. It came with >Exchange Administrator 5.5. The administrator program does not work. >...

Excel 2003 #5
Hi all Got a silly problem. MS Excel 2003 Professional via MS partner pack (aka Action Pack) Start Excel as normal, no problem, clik on FILE on the menu bar and Excel stops responding. ALL other menu items work correctly. I've un-installed and re-installed the software, no change. Excel WILL run in safe mode however. Any ideas anyone please. Thanks in anticipation, Adrian. PS I have an HP psc1215 attached and have noticed some mention of issues with their 'Share-to-web' rubbish that comes supplied (now un-installed) ...

Outlook 2003 pst file not readable by Outlook 2000!
Hello Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I copied a pst file from Outlook 2003 to a machine running Outlook 2000 and it complained that data file was not compatible or something. Is this normal for newer version pst files to not be compatible with earlier version Outlook? Angus Of course. That's been exhaustively documented. If you want to create a PST file that will be backwards compatible in Outlook 2003, you must do so expressly. File > New > Outlook Data File > Outlook 97-2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Angus Comber" <nospam@gmail.com&...

Syncing Outlook 2003 with Bus Contact Mgr on 2 computers
Just upgraded to Office 2003 and want to keep my Outlook on both desktop and laptop in sync. Used to be able to do it through my PDA which runs Pocket PC--sync desktop computer to PDA, then PDA to laptop for the road. But Business Contact Manager Accounts and links aren't reflected in the Pocket PC sync, although the contacts show up in Outlook contacts. How do I backup my desktop Outlook 2003 and then restore on my laptop so that the two computers have duplicate data. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

what is my server if my computer is vista and office 2003?
my computer is vista home basic with copy right 2007 service pack 2,office 2003 and internet explorer 8. Can I know the followings? 1. What is my server (enable to upgrade server) 2. What is my office 2007 or 2003? 3. Can office 2003 to upgrade to what grade without costs? 1. I doubt very much that you have a server. Are you on a network (home or office)? Why do you think you want to upgrade a server? 2. We have no idea what version of Office you own. You can either look at your receipt or open the program and look in the Help file. 3. Upgrades are not free. -- JoAnn Pa...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...