INDEX do not work

    hi...

I have this cell containing
{=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
It stopped working.

It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..

--

Kind regards
�yvind Granberg

tresfjording@live.no
www.tresfjording.com

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the CSE
entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be shortened
to:

=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))

OR

=LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)

I would suspect something's different with your data.
--

Regards,

RD

"�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
    hi...

I have this cell containing
{=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
It stopped working.

It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..

--

Kind regards
�yvind Granberg

tresfjording@live.no
www.tresfjording.com

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/1/2009 4:22:33 PM
Hi RagDyeR
Tested your suggestions.
None of them worked.
Any other formula containing the area poeng_1, which means points_1, shows
the correct number.

I don't know if it has some significance, but I copied this one spreadsheet
from another workbook.
Could that be the cause of my troubles?
But, I have retyped the formula many tmes, but in vain..

It all worked earlier...
I just copied the formulas and the formatting...?!?
--

�yvind Granberg
www.tresfjording.com

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
eP5RZTsEKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
> There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the
> CSE
> entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be
> shortened
> to:
>
> =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))
>
> OR
>
> =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)
>
> I would suspect something's different with your data.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>

> "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
>    hi...
>
> I have this cell containing
> {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
> It stopped working.
>
> It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
> It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..
>

> --
>
> Kind regards
> �yvind Granberg
>
> tresfjording@live.no
> www.tresfjording.com

Are you *sure* that the data in "poeng_1" is truly numeric?
It might be TEXT that just looks like a number.

Choose a cell from that range that contains a number, say it's C9,
and enter this formula anywhere:

=Isnumber(C9)

What result do you get?
--

Regards,

RD

"Oyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi RagDyeR
Tested your suggestions.
None of them worked.
Any other formula containing the area poeng_1, which means points_1, shows
the correct number.

I don't know if it has some significance, but I copied this one spreadsheet
from another workbook.
Could that be the cause of my troubles?
But, I have retyped the formula many tmes, but in vain..

It all worked earlier...
I just copied the formulas and the formatting...?!?
--

�yvind Granberg
www.tresfjording.com
www.tresfjord.no

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
eP5RZTsEKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
> There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the
> CSE
> entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be
> shortened
> to:
>
> =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))
>
> OR
>
> =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)
>
> I would suspect something's different with your data.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>

> "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
>    hi...
>
> I have this cell containing
> {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
> It stopped working.
>
> It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
> It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..
>

> --
>
> Kind regards
> �yvind Granberg
>
> tresfjording@live.no
> www.tresfjording.com

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/5/2009 3:09:58 PM
When I test =ISNUMBER(K10) I get TRUE in return
When I test =ISNUMBER(poeng_1) I get FALSE in return.

I will now check the 52 cells containing av formula in poeng_1
Do I have to do that with the emty cells in the column of K10:K1375?

--

u5QwU8dFKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
> Are you *sure* that the data in "poeng_1" is truly numeric?
> It might be TEXT that just looks like a number.
>
> Choose a cell from that range that contains a number, say it's C9,
> and enter this formula anywhere:
>
> =Isnumber(C9)
>
> What result do you get?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>
> "Oyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi RagDyeR
> Tested your suggestions.
> None of them worked.
> Any other formula containing the area poeng_1, which means points_1, shows
> the correct number.
>
> I don't know if it has some significance, but I copied this one
> spreadsheet
> from another workbook.
> Could that be the cause of my troubles?
> But, I have retyped the formula many tmes, but in vain..
>
> It all worked earlier...
> I just copied the formulas and the formatting...?!?
> --
>
> �yvind Granberg
> www.tresfjording.com
> www.tresfjord.no
>
> "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> eP5RZTsEKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
>> There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the
>> CSE
>> entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be
>> shortened
>> to:
>>
>> =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))
>>
>> OR
>>
>> =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)
>>
>> I would suspect something's different with your data.
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> RD
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>> "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
>>    hi...
>>
>> I have this cell containing
>> {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
>> It stopped working.
>>
>> It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
>> It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kind regards
>> �yvind Granberg
>>
>> tresfjording@live.no
>> www.tresfjording.com

poeng_1 = k10:k1375
Only every 25.th cell contains a formula. (K10, K35, K60, K85, K110 etc)
All empty cells return FALSE when using =ISNUMBER(K10) and copy down.
The cells, K10, K35, K60, K85, K110, K135, K160 and K185 returns the value
TRUE, but from K210 all cells however returns FALSE even though every 25.th
cell should return TRUE.

Why, may I ask?

--

�yvind Granberg
www.tresfjording.com
www.tresfjord.no

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
u5QwU8dFKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
> Are you *sure* that the data in "poeng_1" is truly numeric?
> It might be TEXT that just looks like a number.
>
> Choose a cell from that range that contains a number, say it's C9,
> and enter this formula anywhere:
>
> =Isnumber(C9)
>
> What result do you get?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>
> "Oyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi RagDyeR
> Tested your suggestions.
> None of them worked.
> Any other formula containing the area poeng_1, which means points_1, shows
> the correct number.
>
> I don't know if it has some significance, but I copied this one
> spreadsheet
> from another workbook.
> Could that be the cause of my troubles?
> But, I have retyped the formula many tmes, but in vain..
>
> It all worked earlier...
> I just copied the formulas and the formatting...?!?
> --
>
> �yvind Granberg
> www.tresfjording.com
> www.tresfjord.no
>
> "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> eP5RZTsEKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
>> There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the
>> CSE
>> entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be
>> shortened
>> to:
>>
>> =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))
>>
>> OR
>>
>> =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)
>>
>> I would suspect something's different with your data.
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> RD
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>> "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
>>    hi...
>>
>> I have this cell containing
>> {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
>> It stopped working.
>>
>> It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
>> It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kind regards
>> �yvind Granberg
>>
>> tresfjording@live.no
>> www.tresfjording.com

.... of course...
It was trouble with the dates..
The formulas works fine.
I was messing with the wrong dates...
Sorry.. just forget the whole thing...

I am very sorry that my forgetfulness have bothered you all...

--

Glad you finally got it sorted out.

Appreciate the feed-back.
--

> [...]
> >> shortened
> >> to:
> >>
> >> =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1))
> >>
> >> OR
> >>
> >> =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1)
> >>
> >> I would suspect something's different with your data.
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> RD

----------------------
> >> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !

----------------------

> >> "�yvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
> >>    hi...
> >>
> >> I have this cell containing
> >> {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))}
> >> It stopped working.
> >>
> >> It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls
> >> It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now..

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?
Hello all, We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine. Whenever ANY one of our Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never actually executes. There are no errors logged in the Applications event log on the server or client. Here is some additional info you may find useful: 1. The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS 2. Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in ExchAdmin as NT/Username. 3. When users logon to do...

2003 - Doc Routing
Since upgrading to Outlook/Excel 2003, I am no longer able to route documents. After I select File > Send To > Routing Recipient, Excel hangs & I have to use Task Manager to close the program. I am running Win XP (Service Pack 2) & Office 2003 (11.6355.6360 - Service Pack 1). Any suggestions? ...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

Outlook Sales not working after upgrade
I had the Adventure Works test set up and working with version 1.0. Then after I upgraded the web interface works but the Outlook Sales client doesn't. It acts like it installs correctly and when you open Outlook it has the CRM folder, but there is nothing in it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nate ...

Right click not working in the Messages pane
Suddently yesterday the right click is not working in the Messages pane of outlook. It is working in the folders list and the preview pane but not in the messages list. Does anyone know what the reason can be? did you try restarting outlook or rebooting the computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & E...

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Outlook SEND won't work until fetch
If I compose a message in Outlook and click SEND, the >message does not get sent. Then when I close Outlook, I >get a dialog box which says I have message(s) in my >outbox, do I still want to close? > >I found that the next time I do a fetch email command, >Outlook sends whatever was left in the outbox the last >time I closed the program. > >How do I get the program to send messages when I click >SEND? > >TIA, >Jack We have this exact problem at work with a few of our Outlook 2000 installations. This key combo works for them: CTRL+ENTER >...

CRM 3.0 - Web UI
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem occur with their install of CRM 3.0. When you try to access the WorkPlace >> Calender page within the web application, i always get an error message when it tries to open the aspx page (home_calender.aspx). The error states "Unexpected error - an error has occured contact your system administrator" Any ideas as to why i would not be able to open this page ?? The user trying to open it has all roles assigned to it within CRM, and is a domain admins (Windows 2003 server, running Sql 2005, Exchange 2003) I am experienci...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

is IMF working?
I've had the block setting down to 4 and up to 8. It is set to 'reject' mail. It seems to make no difference to the amount of junk mail I receive. Most or all of my junk mail is blocked by Outlook. When I use OWA instead, I have to wade through the junk (typically 80 per day) to get to the real mail (typically 2 per day). Is this a sign that the second part of IMF (mark mail as junk) is working? Do I need to set the intelligent mail filter even lower? two? one? Does exchange support any counters? Is there an IMF counter? How do I tell if IMF is working? I posted some d...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

rules wizerd is not working
in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create folders anymore sneustein <sneustein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create > folders anymore What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Reapplying Notest Master not working
I've tried this in PP2007 & PP2010 RC. I have a handful of decks where I've modified the notes master to include new headers and footers. However many random slides in the decks aren't using the master. I've tried to visit each one and apply the notes master, but in some cases one of the following happens: (1) nothing happens, (2) only the slide & notes field get updated, the footers & headers don't change. Is there a way to say "blow away all customizations to the notes page use the notes master for everything" ??? Seems like this should be a...

track in appointment dont work
Hello! I want to track in a appointment but it dosen't work? I get a error message that i have not enough rights but i' am system adminstrator. With track in mail there is no problem... Thanks for any help. ...

Indexing Values to Same Starting Point for Relative Return Chart
Hello all, I'm have a sheet full of data for various securities that is sorted b date. I can chart the values by date just fine, but I'm hoping t create a chart where each series is indexed to the same point and the the chart will show percentage changes. For instance, if A is at 30 and B is at 40 on January 1st, then in my chart I want them both t start at 100. So if A falls to 150 and B moves up to 80, then I woul want the chart to show them moving to 50 and 200, respectively. Do I have to manipulate the data in another sheet first, or is there way to do it with the charting t...

Exchange backup isn't working
Exchange 2003 running on win 2003 standard. About a week ago a defrag was done on the database and the backups were working. Suddenly we started to recieve errors that backups were failing. The errors in Event viewer are NtBackup ID 8001 and 8019. The backup report log says the following: Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 8/31/2005 at 7:57 AM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Erro...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

setfocus not working?
I have VBA code which is run in the AfterUpdate event for a text box. It basically checks to see if the data entered in the text box matches a criteria. If not, it displays an message box asking if they want to continue. If not, I want the text box to be re-selected so that they can change the value. The following is my VBA, which uses SetFocus to re-select the text box. But for some reason, if I try to SetFocus back on the text box, it is completely ignored and the form moves on to the next field. However, if I SetFocus on a different control it will do it just fine. So, I tried...

InnerXML and InnerText BOTH don't work right
I'm trying to get some text into an XMLElement that may or may not contain markup, and it may or may not contain characters that need escaping. I want the special characters escaped, but I want to preserve the markup. This is so a user can enter some text with (xml compatible) HTML tags and have it render properly (via XSLT) without having to know about escaping the ampersand. For example, I want to take the text: "Nice t-shirt <p/> Cool & Stylish" And put it in an element as such: <ItemDescription> Nice t-shirt <p/> Cool &amp; Stylish </Item...

Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle
I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I have installed the license key and have been awarded 6 professional key licenses. I have installed the system and is working. When I want to import the sample database I am getting an error that I don't have enough licenses. What should I do. Joachim, Did you already add the users to CRM? This is a common mistake people make. The sample data load will add the users into CRM and assign licenses to them. If you already did this, the 5 licenses are no longer available. You either need to remove the licenses form the users and...

Ex55 Mailbox Manager not working
Hi! We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Manager is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is said that 0 items are processed but no errors at all! We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also tried the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't help! It seems that after restarting the system service the mailbox manager is running for that day. Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help available? Thanks for the help! BR, Jochen Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connect...

Can't get mail merge to work
I have been trying to send email to a small list. I have put all members of the list into a new contact folder. I prepared a WORD document and followed all the directions starting with the "mail merge" command in the contact folder. I specify all contact fields and then specify the WORD document. I enter document type "form letters" and Merge to Email. I enter a title and click "ok". The WORD document then appears with a yellow dialog box on the left. I click "merge now". I then get a "merge" window and say Merge to "Electonic mail"...

Screenupdating = FALSE not working
I have an Excel model with several VBA macros that I have been maintaining in Excel 2003 for years with no issues. I recently updated to Office 2007, made some adjustments to the model, and it works fine on my machine (and fine on some of my coworkers' machines). However, the exact same file when run on other coworkers' machines is having issues where the "Application.screenupdating" is being set to true whenever the code switches worksheets or workbooks. For example: Sub ProcessName() Application.Screenupdating = FALSE Sheets("Sheet 1").Range("...

Hold shift to stop Auto_Open() not working in 2007
I have several workbooks that contain Auto_Open macros. All were originally written on a 2003 installation. Now that my primary machine has 2007 on it, I find that I cannot prevent the Auto_Open macro from running by holding the shift key down when opening the files. I know in 2003 if you set the macro security level to low the shift key stops working. However, I’ve tried changing several settings in the Trust Center (such as trusting the files’ location) but to no avail. I also know that if I leave the location untrusted it will allow me to not run the macro, but if I then ...