Incorporating Several Formulas into one

Hi there,
I have a variety of formulas spread over 3 cells. They ar
as follows:

E3 =TEXT(D3-C3,"h:mm")
F3 =((E3-INT(E3))*24)
G3 =ROUNDUP(F3,1).

How would I incorporate these into one large formula, in one cell?

Thanks in advance,

simonstevens3

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
try
G3=ROUNDUP(MOD(D3-C3,1)*24,1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"simonstevens35 >" <<simonstevens35.16xonb@excelforum-nospam.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi there,
> I have a variety of formulas spread over 3 cells. They are
> as follows:
>

> E3 =TEXT(D3-C3,"h:mm")
> F3 =((E3-INT(E3))*24)
> G3 =ROUNDUP(F3,1).
>
> How would I incorporate these into one large formula, in one cell?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> simonstevens35
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 9:54:50 PM
The text part of the formula in E3 is not necessary, you could use

=ROUNDUP(MOD(D3-C3,1)*24,1)

or better

=CEILING(MOD(D3-C3,1)*24,0.1)

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"simonstevens35 >" <<simonstevens35.16xonb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:simonstevens35.16xonb@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi there,
> I have a variety of formulas spread over 3 cells. They are
> as follows:
>

> E3 =TEXT(D3-C3,"h:mm")
> F3 =((E3-INT(E3))*24)
> G3 =ROUNDUP(F3,1).
>
> How would I incorporate these into one large formula, in one cell?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> simonstevens35
>

> ---

terre081 (3244)

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK)

why do i get #### in my formula cell?
I don't really know much about Excel, and my formula (it's just simple arithmetic formulas) returns with ##### displayed on the cell, with a tooltip showing the cell's correct value when I hover over it. airn, make the column wider and see if that helps -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "airn" <airn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6F4DD7C-3D7D-475C-894D-0F7745735666@microso...

Formula #16
I need to have a formula that can add a row of cells with a variable number of colmns. Columns will be added and deleted everyday, so the formula needs to have a variable range. I hope this is clear. Thanks, Bernie ...

Excel formula copied down
Is there a way to copy down a column this formula =F3*A2 and have the A2 stay the same all the way down? The F3 would change on each row, F4, F5 etc. but the A2 would stay 'constant'. Thanks in advance for any help! =F3*A$2 -- Ian -- "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73505B29-538A-48C7-8F2F-F6126EF2126B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to copy down a column this formula =F3*A2 and have the A2 > stay > the same all the way down? The F3 would change on each row, F4, F5 etc. > but > the A2 would stay 'constant'...

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

simple? pasting simple formula, error on copy
I have some store buying spreadsheets I made up. Very very basic, one of the columns has a total at the bottom or end as you may call it for total $ amount bought. that final number is in c33. c1, c2, c3 etc is a amount from each vendor. I want to have a column telling me the percentage being spent on each, simple enough so I make a column with the following formula =c33/c5. I get a number, change it to percentage and BAM I have exactly what I want. I pasted that formula and pasted it into all the other rows of that certain column, but I keep getting the #div/0 error, cause the new formulas...

Help with creating a formula
Hello! I am trying to create a formula that will sum up certain criteria from one column as it relates to criteria in the same row in another column. For example, I want to sum up all the entries that begin with the letter "H" in column A as it relates to an entry of "2" from column B that is in the same row as the "H" entry from column A. COLUMN A COLUMN B H10 2 G01 2 H09 3 H15 2 H12 2 If there is such a formula...

Excel does not calculate my formulas
This is very strange...Excel does not calculate any formula. I can do a simple =A1+A2, and it just return a zero value. I made sure of the following: - Cell is set to General (tried it with different cell settings too) - Autocalc is on in settings (even a manual F9 calc doesn't work) -- Martin Verville We might need a few more clues: What is in A1? What is in A2? -- David Biddulph "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9A25385-5BE8-4D38-A7A7-15E523C69DD9@microsoft.com... > This is very strange...Excel does not calculat...

Bar Chart (2D) won't let me 'gap' one bar behind the other?

How do I link one database inside another?
I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open another database. Thanks. Why? As in "why open a separate database?" Would it be sufficient to have the tables from both databases linked into a common front-end file? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "julrankay" <julrankay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DEF9FE-C983-4503-BCD8-75FF0354A533@microsoft.com... > I am wanting to be able to click on a button in one database and open > another database. Thanks. > if you used Access Data Projects then...

How do I make this formula?
I have an Excel worksheet to track my 401k performance. I have a row for Date, the Balance corresponding to each date, Contributions, a formula to calculate my Total Contributions, and a formula to calculate my Total Gain/Loss. My question is, how to I get my Gain/Loss formula to update corresponding to a new Date/Balance? Is there a formula function to make the formula ignore Column data in the previous Rows? Thanks! There will be, just add/subtract items from that row. Can you show us an example with data. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Outlook does not recognize one or more names
When trying to send mail with outlook this is what my response is, "oultlook does not recognize one or more names. I can send mail when using my verizon mail program but not with outlook. Any ideas? have you verified that both you imcomming and outgoing mail servers are set correctly? I believe that verizon has several outgoing servers. You may want to contact their technical support to get the correct configuration for your account. You also did not note if you are using a router or firewall program on your computer. This can also create additional issues with your configurat...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Adding multiple tables in one report
I am trying to customize the default report Daily Detailed Sales with Tax. What i need to do is add the Tender Type (Credit card / cash / check) as another column in the report. So far i have found out: i need to add a column i need to import the TenderEntry table for the data I need to find out: How to import another table I have tried to import the table using sql UNION function, but that wont work for me either. any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank You Hi ED, The things make sense to me regarding the adding tables and fields which you can do and customized the .grp file. ...

Countif formula
Hi, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I require help with a formula that has left me scratching my head for a couple of hours. I have a column of data cells that lists 3 different options, for example: option1 = Good option2 = Ok option3 = Bad i need a formula that will count how many 'Good' entries there are and to work it out as a percentage of the total number of entries (all 3 options). I hope that makes sense. If more info is required, please let me know. Thanks for your time -- godonlyknows --------------------------------------------------...

Help with Lookup/Sum Formula
I have a spreedsheet with this type of data, for example Product Group Quantity Size 2812 10 0.75 2812 100 0.75 2812 300 0.5 2817 100 0.25 2817 200 1 2845 1000 1.5 I want to be able to set up a formula that you enter a product grou (2812) in a cell and it will for that product group go and sum up al the quantities for each size. The formula would go in the Sum colum For Example ...

Trouble with copy and past of formulas in Excel
I got a sheet from one of my collegaes that was causing problems, it sometimes looses formulas (It looks like a problem with connections through our network) and you get true untrue name errors, after refreshing the cell the problem is gone. Now I'm having trouble with copying formulas, after trying some copy and paste it crashes with dr. Watson. It seems that there is some timeout problem. More people have trouble with this with the somewhat larger sheets. ...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...

Changing cell from formula to data.
Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. -- Thanks TimM If you select the cell and copy then edit - pastes special - values on the cell you will have the value and not the formula. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "TimM" wrote: > Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to > the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. > > > -- > Thanks > TimM Hi, Select the cell(s) contain...