In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?

In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy
How do I change mm/dd/yy to  dd/mm/yy?
On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not
seem to affect Excel

0
A6686 (35)
1/28/2007 4:34:48 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

If you select the cells with the dates in mm/dd/yy and go Format>Cells
and in the dialog that opens, go for the Number tab, you can select
the Date formats and choose whichever one suits or select Custom and
type dd/mm/yy into the Type box.  This will change the formatting of
your dates.

Hope this helps!

Richard

On 28 Jan, 16:34, "aa" <A...@aa.com> wrote:
> In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
> In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy
> How do I change mm/dd/yy to  dd/mm/yy?
> On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not
> seem to affect Excel

aa

Read all of Richard's post.  Especially this part............

"or select Custom and type dd/mm/yy into the Type box"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:14:47 +0300, "aa" <A@aa.com> wrote:

>Thank, Richard
>Problem is there is no dd/mm/yy format among many other date formats
>available there. How do I add this one?

0
Gord
1/28/2007 8:13:12 PM
Thank, Richard
Problem is there is no dd/mm/yy format among many other date formats
available there. How do I add this one?

0
A6686 (35)
1/28/2007 8:14:47 PM
Thanks, Gord
It did not accept it. But after you sent me there again I realised that
probably because my OS is set for Cyrilics (code page 866) it should be
entered in Cyrilics (??/??/??) and it worked - thanks again

0
A6686 (35)
1/29/2007 8:00:40 AM
I would select the columns that you desire to be corrected.
Got to the Format Menu.
Select Cells from the dropdown.
Select the Numbers tab.
Select Dates on the left side.
On the right side select the format you desire.

AltNrg4U
0
AltNrg4U (3)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

conditional formatting sort

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Excel VBA