Importing specific content into an Excel 2002 worksheet

I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the
document.  As it stand, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are the easiest ways because
the data is never in the same location on each document.

Is there a way of capturing this data, and adding it to a selected field
in Excel?

The Word documents have a lot of 'noise' before, and after the data
which is mostly contained in a table.  This table also contains 'noise'
that is not needed for the end result.

Any suggestions are welcomed.
0
someid (2)
2/29/2008 11:22:23 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Wayne. wrote:
> I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the
> document.  As it stand, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are the easiest ways because
> the data is never in the same location on each document.
>
> Is there a way of capturing this data, and adding it to a selected field
> in Excel?
>
> The Word documents have a lot of 'noise' before, and after the data
> which is mostly contained in a table.  This table also contains 'noise'
> that is not needed for the end result.
>
> Any suggestions are welcomed.

Solved, somewhat.
0
someid (2)

exit excel within vba
Hello All, I have a vba code, at the end of this code I want to exit excel not close. If I close the excel workbook I can not run excel again from the scheduler. Can anyone provide me help?? thanx all. Murat Demir Hekimoglu You want to quit excel? Application.quit could be what you're looking for. Murat Demir HEKIMOGLU wrote: > > Hello All, > > I have a vba code, at the end of this code I want to exit excel not close. > > If I close the excel workbook I can not run excel again from the scheduler. > > Can anyone provide me help?? > > thanx all....

Excel Bar Graph Questions
I want to compare FY08 & FY09 data (By each mth) using excel bar graph. So, on the X-axis need to show 08 & 09 bar graph in DIFFERENT color. What's the restrictions now I can see is ONLY ONE color shown on data on X axis. Anyone knows how to do it? Many Thanks Hi, Did you move one of the series to the secondary axis? If so see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223C6B4E-345D-40B7-A217-AEA3FA686F...

Can Excel 2007 link with Outlook 2007
I have a list of companies names that I need to add the addresses to. I don't want them to be on the same worksheet. I will need to add compaines to the list from time to time. Also Is it possible to link these addresses with outlook? Thanks, Dan ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

See this important patch from MS Corp.
--dsczkyjpyinvwyu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pghfheomhzqcnjggw"; type="multipart/alternative" --pghfheomhzqcnjggw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ubbveudfuifnmyge" --ubbveudfuifnmyge Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vu...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

Excel missing file
I am a registered user of Office XP Pro. Excel will not start. It is missing a file. In the process of moving, disks in storage. Where can I go online to download the missing file? And, how? ...

Excel integration of models in various workbooks
I have a few different models in seperate excel workbooks ... one for cars, one for houses, one for retirement accounts.. I recently had the idea to take outputs from each of these models and plug them into a single workbook something like life.xls. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to wrap them (the house and car models) with an interface (VBA?) which I can pass parameters and can call from a macro in life.xls to retrieve the output from. Essentially I'd like each of the workbooks (house,..cars) to be like a callable function into which I can pass parameters, and which return...

Spawning worksheets and a summary per worksheet
I'm getting pretty desparate, so any help would be really gratefull received. I have a button which allows the user to create templated worksheet each time they press it. These worksheets have a series of fields tha relate to 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for on or more activities. Each time a new sheet is created, I would also like to be able to: 1) copy a range in a summary worksheet and paste another version o this directly beneath the original range. Repeat this as many times a the user has created activity worksheets. 2) Pre-populate information wit...

Copied Worksheet does not maintain it 's properties
Hello , My VB app , access a particular Excel file (ie Template.xls) and runs a Macro . This Macros out is a report which is printed on a Worksheet in the same Template.xls . Then I select the Output worksheet of the template xls and copy the contents into a new Excel file . The reason why I am doing this is because I dont want the new file to contain the Macro . The problem is , the formatting of the Output sheet (Column lengths , Fonts etc) is NOT effected on the new workesheet of the file when copied . So I basically have an unformatted Output in the new file . How may I overcom...

Visio 2002 failed during shutdown
When I closing a Visio, I get message that Visio make an error a has to be closed. Any solutions? Drny ...

Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks in advance. ...

excel #13
I need to know if there is a way to put a scroll bar with text, as a pull down menu in a cell. Hi Chelo, Check out Data | Validation | List. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Chelo" <Chelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BB85A00-4175-47C7-A4EF-52260FD5049A@microsoft.com... >I need to know if there is a way to put a scroll bar with text, as a pull > down menu in a cell. ...

Please help me with my Excel
I have got a new lap top and I have a good antivirus and spyware. my pc works good but once I open Excel my CPU jumps up to %100 and the strange thing is that when I click on other programs my CPU comes back to %4. The more strange thing is that when for example I press F2 to edit a cell , CPU works good but when I press Enter, again it goes back to %100. Here our IT man reinstalled my MS-Office and he did some other exotic operations but there was not any slightest change and the problem is still existing and going on my nerve. Please scientists help me ! I work with Excel 7 hrs per day ...

non linear regression in excel
Hello I have some charts which I am trying to fit lines of best fits to. The general shape of these curves is something representing '4 o' clock' on a clock. I am trying to do non-linear regression to get the closest fit to these curves but the trendline functions on excel are very limited (ie logarthmic,exponential,polynomial etc) and do not produce a sufficient trendline. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could possibly produce the trendline that I require that fits the data on the curve. Many thanks for your help. Warm regards Nikeel - If the general shape is a singl...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Money 2002 #33
Im trying to do what should be a VERY simple task. I run a small home-based business and recently moved. I need to change my address which will be printed on my invoices. Can't seem to find the right place. Can anybody help?? Thanks a lot. ...

Worksheet
can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from worksheet 1? Yes, for instance =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A18) will sum A1:A18 in Sheet1, the easiest way is to type =SUM( then just use the mouse to select the other sheet tab, then select the range also with the mouse and finish by pressing enter, then Excel will enclose the formula with a right parenthesis Regards, Peo Sjoblom "brietve" wrote: > can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from > worksheet 1? Sure Simply co to your sheet enter = and then enter the function (I'...

Dynamic Excel
Dear All Is there anything that I can do in Excel to my Excel report dynamic? For eg... is it possible to create something which will create results based on figures keyed in... ? Any suggestions would be welcomed... It would be good if u could send me similar Excel project of yours... to me as reference... Cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi this is a little bit vague :-) maybe as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/exce...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

Excel 2002 #5
Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the same worksheet regardless to where it was last saved? Trip, In the ThisWorkbook code module, put the following code. Change "Sheet1" to the desired worksheet name. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Trip Levert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095401c3bdaa$69673f90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the s...

How to convert an excel macro code to a Visual basic program
As it is in the subjec title, this is my question: How to convert an Excel macro code to a Visual Basic program? The fact is I am using some excel macros written for excel 2002 and I want to work with them just like a distinct program. I tried to do it directly, but I faced with lots of errors. Any help would be highly appreciated. ...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...