Importing multiple XML files

This is my first real experience with XML imports.  I've been trying to get
it to work for some time now, but the results are always the same.  I've been
through the help instructions at least ten times now and am surely missing
something.

I have quite a number of individual xml data files all with the same elements.
  -  I am clicked on a field that is not mapped.
  -  I select Import from the Developer Tab
  -  I select several files and click Import

One file is imported and a message box appears indicating the remainder did
not transfer.  I've pretty much ruled out the possibility that this is a
problem with the xml files.  The same problem occurs no matter what
combination of files I attempt to import.

Up till now, the problem was pretty much academic.  Now it is a matter of
some urgency as a client CFO needs the data in usable form.  Help would be
greatly appreciated!
--
Doug Schmidt
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

dymanically generate chart, based on multiple values
I have a table with 3 columns, the first being the date, second being the type of recording, and the 3rd being the amount of that type that happened on that day 04/06/2007 type1 2 04/06/2007 type2 26 04/06/2007 type3 9 04/06/2007 type4 9 04/06/2007 type5 1 05/06/2007 type1 2 05/06/2007 type4 39 05/06/2007 type5 19 05/06/2007 type6 19 05/06/2007 type7 2 06/06/2007 type2 1 06/06/2007 type4 20 06/06/2007 type5 11 06/06/2007 type7 10 I would like to create chart based on this, which show the date in the y axis, the total ammount in the x axis, and each coloured segmen...

Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?
Hello, I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I double click on its icon, nothing happen. I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated any advice. Mike ...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

System.Xml.XPath.XPathException
Hi I have the following xsl stmt. <xsl:for-each select="JOB_POSTINGS/JOB_POSTING [( (CITY='Atlanta' and STATE='GA') )]\"> <xsl:sort select="JOB_TITLE" order="ascending"/> This works fine when I use it. But when using multiple values in the where clause as below <xsl:for-each select="JOB_POSTINGS/JOB_POSTING [( (CITY='Arlington' and STATE='VA') || (CITY='Atlanta' and STATE='GA') )]\"> <xsl:sort select="JOB_TITLE" order="ascending"/> I get an error message. Anyo...

Multiple colors transparent in picture-HOW?
I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am unable to in Publisher. What programs would allow me to make this change? If it is a bitmap, i.e. jpg, bmp and others, you need to use a photo editing program. If it is a vector (.wmf) you can ungroup the image, select the area you want partially transparent, right-click, click format object. This link will take you to Paint.NET, it is a pretty good free program. http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

Multiple IF statement not working
I have numbers in cells b2, d2,e2, and f2. I am trying to write statment that will increment number in cell b2 by one for each cell (d2, e2, f2) that is greater than or equal to one. The following formula will not work if more than one cell (d2, e2, f2) has a zero in it: =IF(AND(D2>=1,E2>=1,F2>=1),B2+3,IF(OR(D2=0,E2=0,F2=0),B2+2,IF(AND (D2=0,E2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(D2=0,F2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(E2=0,F2=0),B2+1,))))) Does anyone know why? Try this =B2+COUNTIF(D2:F2,">=1") -- Wag more, bark less "Anthony" wrote: > I have numbers in cells b2, d...

ACH file incorrect
The bank says our ach file is incorrect. It should begin with 522 and end with 822 and it begins with 520 and ends with 820. Does anyone know where or what I need to change to get this the file to display correctly. Thanks for any input Brandon ...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

.XLB file corrupted often
The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or so. Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for a while. Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is possibly corrupting it. Thanks for any suggestions Hi Andrew, One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file can get larger and larger until it falls over. If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have made. hth Charles...

Import Account and Contacts
Hello everyone, is it possible to import Accounts and Commercial Contacts from Outllok BCM into CRM 3.0? How? Thank you -- Rino Bertolotto Sales Manager & Solution Architect STESA SRL Dear, you can import if you create excel or .csv file. http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archive/2006/12/28/sync-microsoft-crm-3-0-with-outlook-2007.aspx about direct synchronization there is one in CRM 4.0 outlook client. and data manager for more see this -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Importing to a contact subfolder with that has a custom form
I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated DOS file the resulting records are in the default contact form rather than the custom form. When I manually add a contact it correctly chooses the custom form. Any help will be welcomed! You can re-apply the form to the items that don't have it - methods depend on your version of Outlook. Bob White wrote: > I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. > When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated > DOS file the resulting records are i...

'Dynamic' XML??
Hi all, I posted this in MPDLV, no response. I've heard this can be done, although maybe not TOO easily, just looking for some advice. I have an application that is involved in an EAI structured architect that will accept an incoming XML feed from a BizTalk Server. Currently, my app accepts a certain XML structure everytime I receive a transaction so there is a bit of 'expected (hardcoded)' elements within the code. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a type of repository underneath my app/framework that can accept a well-formed XML string from the integration ...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...

Money 4.0 file transfer to Money Essentials
I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 version incompatible? =?Utf-8?B?Y21nZnVzYQ==?= <cmg_fusa@yahoo.com> wrote in news:E3AD8366-ED94-4625-A534-C0CCA8F3DBA8@microsoft.com: > I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 > backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 > version incompatible? Yes. Money Essentials is incompatible with everything. Take it back and get Money Plus. -- Steve B. New Life Home Improvement In microsoft.public.money, cm...

Re: Outlook client installation error (file or assembly name not found) (solved)
"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> wrote in message news:... > We have one PC that gets the following error and can't get past the system > requirements phase of the desktop client installation: > > "Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input > File or assembly name 9o3db28v.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not > found." > > (the file name is random and changes on every installation attempt). Any > suggestions? The user has tried repairing and reinstalling Office, > installing and uninstalling .NET 2.0, verifying/empytin...

jpeg files
Hi, I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. Compared to outlook express where i can see the picture without double clicking on it to view it. How can i configure outlook2003 to work like outlook express? thanks I have Outlook 2002, but if 2003 works the same . . . Instead of ATTACHING the jpeg, got the INSERT menu and choose PICTURE. That will place the picture in the body of the message. Pat >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. >Compared to outlook express where i can see t...