Importing Excel named ranges using MS Query

I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table
using MS Query.  When I import the workbook my options are only to select the
"tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$).  I don't want to use
the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets.

Thanks,
Kathy H

0
KHanna (9)
8/1/2006 3:33:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic
ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the
sheetname$ tables.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/2/2006 1:04:36 AM
They are dynamic.  Now what  :)

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic
> ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the
> sheetname$ tables.
>
> KHanna wrote:
> > I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table
> > using MS Query.  When I import the workbook my options are only to select the
> > "tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$).  I don't want to use
> > the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kathy H
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures

KHanna (9)
8/2/2006 2:13:02 AM
Can you name the ranges programmatically, as the size changes, instead
of using a dynamic formula?

KHanna wrote:
> They are dynamic.  Now what  :)
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic
>>ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the
>>sheetname$ tables.
>>
>>KHanna wrote:
>>
>>>I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table
>>>using MS Query.  When I import the workbook my options are only to select the
>>>"tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$).  I don't want to use
>>>the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Kathy H
>>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Contextures

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Compare records in a query then write equation??
Hi all, i have a problem and i need help, the case is as follows: the default rule is that i have 4 fields, (Date, Team, Score). each team is allowed to have one score per day but sometimes it can have 2 scores per day, when this is the case i wanna multiply each score by a certain number and have one score instead of 2 scores (similar to average but not average). So, i need to have a condition which compares records, and if this is the case, formulates this equation and gives me one score instead of 2 scores. Please help SELECT Team, [Date], Sum(Score)/Count(Score) * IIF(Count(Score) =1,1,S...

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Excel not Access

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Using part of a cell in a chart title

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel