Import excel named range into Access error 3011

Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my
particular problem.

I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine.
I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file
into Access.
This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working.

I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within
the Access VBA code,
it looks like this:

=#REF!$A$1:$Z$166

rather than this, which is what it should be:

=Data!$A$1:$Z$166

When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in
the immediate window,
it also has the #REF error.  However, looking at the sheet named Data in
the Object Explorer window,
it appears normal.

How do I correct this reference error?

I copied the sheet named Data into the workbook from a template workbook
from which it was originally made, and deleted all references to that
template
so that the sheet would collect data from the workbook in which it was
copied to, rather than the one it was copied from.

I had to do this because the data sheet has begun to mysteriously
disappear from the workbooks that are created from this
template workbook.  I can't even begin to imagine how this happens, but
it began to occur after I installed the Office 2007 converters.

Thanks to all,
Kate

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Kate,

One way that a range name can change to =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166

is when an existing named range is on a worksheet that is deleted.

In Excel 2003, if you make a copy of a workbook with named ranges, and
subsequently move a worksheet from the original workbook to the new copy -
Excel would ask you if you want to use the named range definition from the
source or destination workbook.

In Excel 2007, you are able to reuse a name for ranges. The first time a
name is used it defaults to applying to the workbook. The subsequent times it
is limited to the worksheet it refers to.

Try deleting the names if they are limited to a worksheet and recreate the
named ranges if necessary so that they apply to the workbook.

You can edit the named ranges, to change the REF to Data.

Hope this helps.

Peggy

"Kate" wrote:

> Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my
> particular problem.
>
> I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine.
> I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file
> into Access.
> This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working.
>
> I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within
> the Access VBA code,
> it looks like this:
>
> =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166
>
> rather than this, which is what it should be:
>
> =Data!$A$1:$Z$166
>
> When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in
> the immediate window,
> it also has the #REF error.  However, looking at the sheet named Data in
> the Object Explorer window,
> it appears normal.
>
> How do I correct this reference error?
>
> I copied the sheet named Data into the workbook from a template workbook
> from which it was originally made, and deleted all references to that
> template
> so that the sheet would collect data from the workbook in which it was
> copied to, rather than the one it was copied from.
>
> I had to do this because the data sheet has begun to mysteriously
> disappear from the workbooks that are created from this
> template workbook.  I can't even begin to imagine how this happens, but
> it began to occur after I installed the Office 2007 converters.
>
> Thanks to all,
> Kate

0
pshepard (6)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Select Method of Range class failing???
Hello, I keep getting the following error in my macro: Run-time error '1004': Select method of Range class failed When simply trying to select cell A1 in a worksheet of mine. I can' figure out for the life of me why this would be failing. Here's m script (literally): Range("A1").Select I am simply trying to position the cursor on a worksheet in preparatio for a possible operation. I have never had this fail on me before an I can't figure it out now. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance, -Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

help with simple maths in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...