Import excel named range into Access error 3011

Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my
particular problem.

I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine.
I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file
into Access.
This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working.

I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within
the Access VBA code,
it looks like this:

=#REF!$A$1:$Z$166

rather than this, which is what it should be:

=Data!$A$1:$Z$166

When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in
the immediate window,
it also has the #REF error.  However, looking at the sheet named Data in
the Object Explorer window,
it appears normal.

How do I correct this reference error?

I copied the sheet named Data into the workbook from a template workbook
from which it was originally made, and deleted all references to that
template
so that the sheet would collect data from the workbook in which it was
copied to, rather than the one it was copied from.

I had to do this because the data sheet has begun to mysteriously
disappear from the workbooks that are created from this
template workbook.  I can't even begin to imagine how this happens, but
it began to occur after I installed the Office 2007 converters.

Thanks to all,
Kate

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Kate,

One way that a range name can change to =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166

is when an existing named range is on a worksheet that is deleted.

In Excel 2003, if you make a copy of a workbook with named ranges, and
subsequently move a worksheet from the original workbook to the new copy -
Excel would ask you if you want to use the named range definition from the
source or destination workbook.

In Excel 2007, you are able to reuse a name for ranges. The first time a
name is used it defaults to applying to the workbook. The subsequent times it
is limited to the worksheet it refers to.

Try deleting the names if they are limited to a worksheet and recreate the
named ranges if necessary so that they apply to the workbook.

You can edit the named ranges, to change the REF to Data.

Hope this helps.

Peggy

"Kate" wrote:

> Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my
> particular problem.
>
> I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine.
> I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file
> into Access.
> This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working.
>
> I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within
> the Access VBA code,
> it looks like this:
>
> =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166
>
> rather than this, which is what it should be:
>
> =Data!$A$1:$Z$166
>
> When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in
> the immediate window,
> it also has the #REF error.  However, looking at the sheet named Data in
> the Object Explorer window,
> it appears normal.
>
> How do I correct this reference error?
>
> I copied the sheet named Data into the workbook from a template workbook
> from which it was originally made, and deleted all references to that
> template
> so that the sheet would collect data from the workbook in which it was
> copied to, rather than the one it was copied from.
>
> I had to do this because the data sheet has begun to mysteriously
> disappear from the workbooks that are created from this
> template workbook.  I can't even begin to imagine how this happens, but
> it began to occur after I installed the Office 2007 converters.
>
> Thanks to all,
> Kate

0
pshepard (6)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error