Import Data from the different worksheet in the same excel file.

-I would like to create a table.
-The table will have two columns.
-The data in each cell is a summation of a number of cells in another
worksheet.
-In my table, there are quite a few rows and hence I can't create this
table manually.
-I created the first value by writing the formula for summation and
clicking on each different cell values in another worksheet and tried
to copy the formula in the other cells for all the worksheets.
-Its not switching the worksheets automatically, it just switches the
column in the same worksheet.
-Below is the table I am trying to create.And I want to generate the
values automatically.
	*Total*
	Actual	Planned
Sheet1	750	760
Sheet2	750	760
Sheet3	750	760
Sheet4
Sheet5
Sheet6
Sheet7
Sheet8
Sheet9
Sheet10

-The table below is the table I have in all different worksheets. I
need to do the total of each column which goes into one cell in the
previous table.

	YTD*
	Actual	Planned
Entry1	95	90
Entry2	80	77
Entry3	90	65
Entry4	55	54
Entry5	40	65
Entry6	15	54
Entry7	0	0
Entry8	0	0
Entry9	0	0
Entry10	0	0

-hopefully somebody will be able to help..

Thanks,

--
hem3414
hem3414's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29827

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you don't want to manually put in all the formulas whenever the sheet
changes, the only alternative is to automate the process.
    That raises the question:  Do you want the summation in the cells of
your table or do you want the formulas in those cells? In other words, let's
say the summation in some cell is 345.  Do you want just the number 345 in
the cell or do you want a formula that produces 345?
    Creating automation requires the writing of code ( a macro).  Writing
code requires detail knowledge of the layout of your data.  Like, what cells
of what sheet do you want summed and where do you want the summation (the
answer) to appear?  Be specific.
For instance:
Column A of the Summation sheet has a list of sheet names starting in A2
down.
For each sheet, the entry in Column B (of the summation sheet) will have the
sum of Column G of the respective sheet, from G2 to the last entry in Column
G.
And so forth.
HTH  Otto

"hem3414" <hem3414.20gbem_1135271400.695@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:hem3414.20gbem_1135271400.695@excelforum-nospam.com...

> -I would like to create a table.
> -The table will have two columns.
> -The data in each cell is a summation of a number of cells in another
> worksheet.
> -In my table, there are quite a few rows and hence I can't create this
> table manually.
> -I created the first value by writing the formula for summation and
> clicking on each different cell values in another worksheet and tried
> to copy the formula in the other cells for all the worksheets.
> -Its not switching the worksheets automatically, it just switches the
> column in the same worksheet.
> -Below is the table I am trying to create.And I want to generate the
> values automatically.
> *Total*
> Actual Planned
> Sheet1 750 760
> Sheet2 750 760
> Sheet3 750 760
> Sheet4
> Sheet5
> Sheet6
> Sheet7
> Sheet8
> Sheet9
> Sheet10
>
> -The table below is the table I have in all different worksheets. I
> need to do the total of each column which goes into one cell in the
> previous table.
>
> YTD*
> Actual Planned
> Entry1 95 90
> Entry2 80 77
> Entry3 90 65
> Entry4 55 54
> Entry5 40 65
> Entry6 15 54
> Entry7 0 0
> Entry8 0 0
> Entry9 0 0
> Entry10 0 0
>
> -hopefully somebody will be able to help..
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> hem3414
> hem3414's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29827
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495550

0
ottokmnop (389)
12/25/2005 3:09:50 PM
Otto,

Thanks for replying. That is exactly what I want to do. Could you hel
me automating it? I mean the way you said I will have to write a smal
macro for that. Could you help me out with it? I will really reall
appreciate that.

Thanks,
Hemil.

--
hem341
hem3414's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2982
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49555

Yes, I can help you with that, but I will need the information I asked you
for.  Pretend I just walked in off the street, know nothing about what you
want to do, and you want to explain to me what you want me to do manually to
get what you want.  HTH  Otto
"hem3414" <hem3414.20pfvm_1135697100.4198@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:hem3414.20pfvm_1135697100.4198@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Otto,
>
> Thanks for replying. That is exactly what I want to do. Could you help
> me automating it? I mean the way you said I will have to write a small
> macro for that. Could you help me out with it? I will really really
> appreciate that.
>
> Thanks,
> Hemil..
>

> --
> hem3414
> hem3414's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29827
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495550

0
ottokmnop (389)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

VBA
Hi! I have a template where I have allowed users to insert rows. I use the following code: Range("a52").Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Rows("53:53").Copy Rows("52:52").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False Range("a2").Select However, when the user closes the file - there is a huge amt of data on the clip board and I do not want the user to get the message - is there a way for me to clear the information on the clip board? Also what does "Applica...

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

MS Money 95 data files

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

data input in text box

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Sorting Data #5

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

cant start outlook pst file to large

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

help with simple maths in excel