Import Access Query to Excel

I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel.
I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I
found two issues.

First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made.
Second, data range only displays column headings, no record.

Both Access and Excel files are on local drive.
My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue
with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used
to do this on my previous employment within domain environment.

I appreciate any help!
Thank you!

Jonathan Kim
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jonathan,

when you say that the 'select table' option only lists 5 of 15 'query
tables', can you just clarify what you mean. Are you viewing actual
queries in the access side, or tables 'made from' queries (via make
table queries).

If both the xl and access files are on your local hard drive there
shouldn't be a problem.

Clarify the exact steps you've taken and I'll see what I can work out.

Jason
---

Jonathan Kim wrote:
> I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel.
> I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I
> found two issues.
>
> First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made.
> Second, data range only displays column headings, no record.
>
> Both Access and Excel files are on local drive.
> My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue
> with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used
> to do this on my previous employment within domain environment.
>
> I appreciate any help!
> Thank you!
>

> Jonathan Kim

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

excel Xp (ofc XP)
.. I need to install an legacy application that will not install properly when ofc2k3 is the current application. Furthermore, the app wants small business tools for office 2k installed I can't uninstall ofc 2k3 because there are too many settings and applications depending on that possibly a naive questions: is it possible to make the ofc 2k3 look like ofcXp in terms of word and excel? is it possible to install small business tool from ofc 2k pro without destroying ofc2k3? Note that if office Xp or office 2k is the current office application, the legacy application will ins...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query
I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "confussed student" wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do...

Excel toolbar button
Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?. Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?, and link it to a macro that already exists in a file? ...

Faulting application error in excel
I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel. It repeats with the same error each time in the event viewer: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug? 0, fault address 0x000b035a. I have tried a repair install. A remove and reinstall. Along with steps to remove the excel profile. The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times or more each day. Any ideas? Thank you, Jason This is a guess and may not work, but ... I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crash...

How to organize access to PWA for external user?
I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration. Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who play role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of conditions: 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files, that regards HIS organisation. 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files. Thanks! from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external users may be they are customers , partners and remote users. First tell your Network Administrator...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

What is the basic format of a Access VBA module
Hello, I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question is asked before. Anyway, I came across somewhere that I have read before that before I exit an Access VBA module, I am supposed to clear the database or do something to free the database is it? May I know how it is done and why should I be doing that? Thanks! <azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177681396.512608.194140@b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question > is asked before. > Anyway, I came across somewhere...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

Excel 2002 Template Wizard
Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in will work in Excel 2003? I don't use xl2003, but I've seen posts that say that it does. John Fox wrote: > > Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in > will work in Excel 2003? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Label for imported Outlook holidays
Hello all, Exchange 2003 SP2/Outlook 2003. We modified the outlook.hol file so that it contains the days our company will be closed in 2009. The file has been copied on each user's workstation, and each user has to importe the holidays in his/ her Outlook. Question is : is it possible to add a label during the import ? Or to change the status/create a custom status ? In this way we could easily see in the weekly/monthly view which days are off, without needing to modify each item individually. Thanks ! Luuke you can't create a custom status. users would need to add a label to th...

Import stock prices #3
Hi, I am using MSM 2005 in Brazil, and like to update my stocks. I have a text file with the ticker, stock name, price, date and other information. Is there any way I can update my stock prices with this files? Is there some file format to do it? Thanks, Denys the Brazilian exchange (assuming that's where your stocks are) isn't on the list of those from which you can automatically download prices through Money. However, you can manually update the prices by selecting the 'update prices' option in the portfolio. If you want to import the prices, then there's no off...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Supporting Access 97
Hi A prospective client has sent me a set of database files that he would like me to support & upgrade occasionally. They are all Access 97 files. When opening them, all bar one gave me the option of converting to Access 2003 format. Why did one file not give me that option? Also, I can only make changes in these new versions of the files, but they will presumably be useless to the customer unless he upgrades his version of Access. Is that right? Yours Database WUSS Hi Stapes, After you change the database, you can convert it back to Access 97 format ... make sure you use the Micro...

errors with form or query acrivated
Just converted from Access 97 to Access 2002. Here's the problem: User defined expressions (may be only text expressions) or fields show errors when a form or query window is activated or deactivated. The query will not refresh. For example, we are having trouble with the SSN in the Grants database. We haven't seen the same problem in other applications, but we haven't specifically looked for it. To be more specific: The Object Form_ParticipantsToProgramCycle has a listbox which contains a last name and a user defined expression that formats the Participants SSN i.e. 1...