Image size in header

I added an image to the header of a worksheet.  Sized it to fit within the
margin (at 86%).  However, when someone else open the file, the image in the
header now appears much smaller than when I had created it.  But when I open
it on my computer, it looks fine.

I had several people open the file to check this.  On some people's
computer, the image size looks fine.  However, on others, the image size is
much smaller.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how I can prevent it from
happening?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

The most likely reason is printer drivers!

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Excel Rookie" wrote:

> I added an image to the header of a worksheet.  Sized it to fit within the
> margin (at 86%).  However, when someone else open the file, the image in the
> header now appears much smaller than when I had created it.  But when I open
> it on my computer, it looks fine.
>
> I had several people open the file to check this.  On some people's
> computer, the image size looks fine.  However, on others, the image size is
> much smaller.
>
> Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how I can prevent it from
> happening?

Header names
How do I change the column heading names? It was letters it is now numbers. I would like it to be letter again. I have numbers going down the side. (Numbering the rows) That is fine but some how I've changed all my worksheets to numbers on the top row lableing the columns. Thank you for your help. Hi tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style Cheers JulieD "Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BC8122-E792-4F9E-A544-70B39C3FAF44@microsoft.com... > How do I change the column heading names? It was letters it is now > numbers. I...

XP Home Acronis True Image Home Cloning The HD
Using XP Home and Acronis True Image Home What is the best method to install XP home or Proff each day on a new HD ? I buy used PC's with the legit 25 install key either for Home or Proff. Most are Dell or Compaq. Can Acronis True Image Home be used to clone the hard drive after the initial install before any program or drivers is added to it? Then use Acronis True Image Home to restore the XP Clone to the new HD ? Can the Cloned HD be restored on a new HD in a Dell or Compaq PC but not necessarily the same make and model PC ? Should the Acronis True Image Home be used to...

Link to an image
Is it possible to make a link from a cell to an image so that it would not open in a new window, but would show as a pop up? Thanks Kalevi See if one of these methods works for you: To read picture files directly from their folder location and display them in the workbook see the ShowFilePicsDemo file at: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#CH0003 Or.... To store the pictures in your workbook...then display them by changing a cell value: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Is that something you can work with? -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win ...

Excel 2007 page layout workbook view wrong size
Hello, I can't figure out why when I set the paper size to 4x6 index card in Page Layout/Size and then view the worksheet with View/Page Layout the rulers show the paper as about 4.77 x 5.65. This ruins the printout. I see the same odd behavior for all the sizes of paper. I am running W7 with all update as of 29NOV, and printing to a Kodak 5250 if that helps. Can anyone help me understand this? ...

Help with POP account downloading headers only
Hi hoping that someone can help with this. I have an Outlook/Exchange (2000) client configuration which includes several POP accounts. If the POP accounts are configured to download headers only, what happens to the mail on the POP server? Presumably I can click a header and the rest of the message is downloaded, but what happens to the messages for headers that I never open - do they stay on the POP server for ever? All of the POP accounts are configured to NOT leave mail on the server (or does that option automatically change if I download headers only?). If I delete message ...

Save as text file, but with full headers
I want to save quite a few messages as text file, but I want to save them with full headers. Is this possible? ...

"headers"
Is there a way that a header row can be printed on each page of multipage document without manually inputing the header row at th start of each page. We may be adding more information to a page tha will cause the "page breaks" to change on each page. Thank you An -- aletoconstc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aletoconstco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57289 Ann, file page set up, sheet, rows to repeat at top $1:$1, o...

A0 page size | PP slow
Dear all, I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP, and PP is getting really slow? What to do? Can I clear undo history or something like that? Thanks Benjamin Hi Benjamin, Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved file? Bill Dilworth "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:507e8462-7b3b-4c27-b078-a22ff359eba6@q29g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > > I am working on an A0-sized pos...

Reading and writing GIF and PNG image files?
Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++? I would guess the most "standard" way would be the CImage class: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bwea7by5(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/com-tech/atl/graphics/article.php/c3597/ but there are certainly a lot of other ways: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:dY0%h.33133$OT4.16136@newsfe19.lga... > Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++...

How do I increase the Font size of Calendar for taking prints?
I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Font size is found in Page Setup How do I increase the Font size of Calen wrote: > I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Another option is using a MS Office addin app called WinCalendar. It allows full control over fonts (+ can further edit). It allows you to render your Outlook Calendar as both MS Word and Excel formats. See here fore screen shots and more info: http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html ...

Displaying JPEG images in CListCtrl
Hi All, I am writing an application in which I want to display a set of JPEG images into a CListCtrl. Is there a way of doing this by using just MFC? Awaiting for your reply Thanks & Regards Sachin Bhave > I am writing an application in which I want to display a set of JPEG > images into a CListCtrl. Is there a way of doing this by using just MFC? Try codeguru/codeproject for something like this. Here is one that should get you started: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/thumbnailview.asp --- Ajay ...

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

Large TCP packet size. #2
My programs have always used relatively small sized TCP packets. I am now considering using a packet that is about 75,000 bytes long. Is that to long? TonyG wrote: > My programs have always used relatively small sized TCP packets. I am now > considering using a packet that is about 75,000 bytes long. > > Is that to long? It will probably make no difference. Your calls only affect a local buffer size, not the actual network packet size. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] It would have made sense, if he tried to increase the tcp window size. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.ex...

Sort Window Size
My company recently upgraded to Windows7 and Office 2007. When I use the sort command in Excel, the size of the sort window increases with each use of the command. I have to grab the edge of the popup window and resize it in order to see the work sheet. Is this a known problem with this software combination, or an installation problem? -- EWJJET My office just upgraded to Office 2007 (still Windows XP) and I've got the same problem with the sort window growing. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you - but perhaps you've found out what the issue is by now? I...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

How to decrease size of combo box ?
I have CListCtrl placed on dialog. For editing subitems I have used CComboBox of type dropdown and this CComboBox is placed on edited cell in time of editing. Problem is that height of CComboBox rectangle which is created in resource editor is more than my CListCtrl item height. How to decrease height of CComboBox ? (Not height of items in ComboBox drop down list but height of CComboBox which is not active) Peter I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are resizing the control when you overlay it on the list control you could use MoveWindow() and get the size of the...

Gutter size
Hey guys, Whats the rule of thumb to figure gutter size? Twice the margin..plus what for fold & staple? Preparing to do a playbill booklet in Pub 2000. Rob There is no hard rule of thumb. If you are planning a small publication that a staple will suffice, then you probably won't need extra gutter space. http://www.prepressure.com/delivery/prevent.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message news:uisSdXqfGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP03....

Image in CListControl
Hello, How do i display some image in the 3 or 4 column of the ListControl like the Media player series shows Stars image as ranking. can anybody point me some sample, article or some steps about displaying images in columns of ListControl. Thanks Best Regards. Danish. This one might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ReportControl.asp?df=100&forumid=29500&exp=0&select=760446 Tom "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> wrote in message news:%23qbVT8lPEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > How do i display some image in the 3 or 4 column of the List...

Information store size?
Does anyone know the file size limits for the information store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server. ......,priv1.edb and pub1.edb On Standard the limit is 16Gb see: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/overview/default.asp <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6d1701c49424$7c185740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > > Does anyone know the file size limits for the information > store and public folders on exchg. 2003 std server. > > .....,priv1.edb and pub1.edb ...

Publisher changes line spacing- font sizes & fonts
When moving pages from one Publisher 2003 document to another, the font - size - and/or line spacing are indiscriminately changed. What can I do to stop this from happening? Are you using templates? You may have changes if you have setup your documents with different preferences. Look at the styles. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Promenader" <Promenader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C50C53-D419-4FB3-ACA0-771551A719A5@microsoft.com... > When moving pages from one Publisher 2...

Sent Items size with Outlook Express
We're encountering a problem in that e-mail being sent is delivered to the addressee but not moved to the Sent Items folder. An error dialog pops up but contains no text what-so-ever. Upon inspection, the Sent Items folder of outlook express contains just slightly over 10,000 messages. Is there an upper limit on the size of the Sent Items folder? And, if not, does anyone have any suggestions on solving this problem? Thanks in advance! Gary "Usenet" <dgary_johnson@irco.com> wrote in message news:qxGri.44843$Xq3.41431@fe41.usenetserver.com... > We're enc...

Date format in header/footer..
Is there a way of editing the format in the header / footer? I am running Office 2000 on a 933MHz P3 with Win98SE and 512MB RAM. TIA, -GHB Hi AFAIK only possible with VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sonja" <burmapb@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C9sUc.268963$a24.58397@attbi_s03... > Is there a way of editing the format in the header / footer? I am > running Office 2000 on a 933MHz P3 with Win98SE and 512MB RAM. > > TIA, > -GHB > You can use a macro: Put this in your workbook's ThisWorkbook code module (if you're unf...

Reporting by size / color (colour)
Hi there. Am I missing something in terms of reporting on size / color (colour) from our system? We are running RMS 2.0 and many of our items are matrix (clothing/footwear). I want to be able to run reports that show me the size / colour of the item - and not just the description. For example: We have an item: M running shoe - it comes in 2 colours and 8 sizes (16 sku's). We have sold 600 units. I want to know which colour / size is the most popular. I can't seem to find a report that shows it. The only thing I can think of is to extract this information in 2 separate files fr...

How do I make a Header stop printing on page 1 only?
Try this CB http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D5CA97-518E-4A45-BFEA-E1DB8F807DFD@microsoft.com... > Ron- Looking at your helpful code I wondered whether you have to specify the "To" parameter. It doesn't look like it, as least this prints page 2 and everything beyond it in Excel 2003 for me: Sub Test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1 ...

Auto Archive in Mailbox Size Warnings
My question is easy enough - can the AutoArchive option be removed from the Exchange default warning that gets sent when a user approaches their mailbox size limit? We would like to have that removed if it's possible. Thanks for any Reply - Jon On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:59:57 -0600, "Jon" <lanmanjs@comcast.net> wrote: > My question is easy enough - can the AutoArchive option be removed >from the Exchange default warning that gets sent when a user approaches >their mailbox size limit? We would like to h...