If Statement that Copies to another Sheet

I am not sure how to create an IF statement that does the following:

If a cell is >1 then copy the contents of another cell onto another
sheet.

Can this be done?  And does this make sense

Thank you for your help!!

:confused:

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It can't be done - worksheet functions can only return values to their
calling cells.

However, you can put this in the cell in your second sheet:

J1:      =IF(Sheet1!A1>1, Sheet1!B1, "")

which will display the contents of Sheet1!B1 if Sheet1A1 > 1, else will
display a null string.

In article <sunpanther.10nnps@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 sunpanther <<sunpanther.10nnps@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I am not sure how to create an IF statement that does the following:
>
> If a cell is >1 then copy the contents of another cell onto another
> sheet.
>
> Can this be done?  And does this make sense
>
> Thank you for your help!!
>
> :confused:
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)

Pull value from another sheet
I have multiple sheets in my workbook. On the first sheet, I am pulling data from all the other sheets for a comparison. I need to pull in a commission level for specific group numbers. Here is what I need: Sheet 1 K3 is where my formula is. I need to match the value from sheet 1 B3 to sheet 2 I4. Then, if they match, I want the value from sheet 2 N4 to show up in sheet 1 K3. Another issue may be that on sheet two there may be multiple group numbers that are the same, however all commission levels for a group number are the same. So I guess I could go average or median if tha...

Copy and paste within a macro
I've created macro to copy the value of one field and I want it to paste this value into another field. However, it's pasting in the value that's stored in the macro. I tried deleting the TypeTo line after the cmdEditPaste line but now nothing gets pasted. How do I get it to paste in what gets copied each time (from the clipboard)? Elaine, Try doing an 'Edit Select All' first and then a 'Copy' and then an 'Edit Select All' and then 'Paste'. Remove the TypeTo after the paste. For instance, on the GL trx entry window if you wanted t...

Forward to another SMTP address
We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. Why not use OWA? Why forward to other email accounts? >-----Original Message----- >We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their >email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other >domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. > > >. > "JD" <jd@mail.co...

Query to select from one table where no record in another table
I have a database where I keep various information about employees. One table "Employees" has their name and various other data. In another table "Accidents" I keep up with data relative to accidents they have had. This table has the date and other information about any accident an employee has had. I would like to recognize those employees who for a specified period of time (calendar year) have not had any accidents. I would appreciate your assistance in setting this up. Theres probably easiar ways to do it, but im not a professional. What I would do is crea...

Outlook 2007: No copy and paste with CTRL+INS
Hi! As a left handed user I always use CTRL+INS and SHIFT+INS for copy and paste. MS seems to have deactivated this shortcut in Outlook 2007 (which is very annoying if you are left handed). Is there a way to enable this shortcut again? Regards, Achim Achim Becker, you wrote on Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:21:07 +0200: > CTRL+INS and SHIFT+INS What does "INS" mean? The shortcuts are CTRL+C (copy) and CTRL+V (paste). Or I do not understand? X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.o...

problem with true/false statements
Hi there trying to do a formula based on true/false output but I cant get round this Team A(B1) v(D1)Team B IF SUM(B1>D1) say 1 - 0 {if true = 1 if false = 0} IF SUM(B1<D1) say 0 - 1 {if true = 1 if false = 0} No problem threre.. BUT IF SUM (B1=D1) say 0 -0 or 1 -1 {if true = 1 if false =0}OK but the trouble is if blank in both cells still shows 1 I need it to show 0 false basically if b1=" " and D1=" " then false = 0 Please help I can't solve it - pulling my hair out what little I have left. Cheers Paul > IF SUM(B1>D1) say 1 - 0 {if true = 1 if...

Copy and Pasting
How can I easily Highlight and copy text from one document to another and replace that text in the same format/blocks in that document. I have a repetitive task each year to copy a new text document ( 40 sections) into an exsisting text format (checklist). I was thinking there has go to be away to do this without opening each document and copy/pasting ecah section at a time. Is there anyone that can help! A macro could perhaps be used, assuming that there is some sort of pattern; for example, how can you tell where a "block" of text starts and ends? How can you tell ...

Newbee Q: How to make search field in excel sheet?
Hi. I am using Excel in a rather stupid way. I work in sales and have all my company leads in here, so I can keep them in check. What I would like to have though, is a field where I can type part of a company name, and then the Excel ark goes to the first cell that matches... It seems so simple, but I have almost never used Excel before, so I'm lost... Any quick tips out there? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried Edit / Find? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03...

AR Statement in Crystal
I am currently working on producing the A/R statement in Crystal 9.0. We are running GP 8.0. Crystal doesn't seem to be able to pull in all the customers. I am using table RM00101 and pulling custnmbr and custname. The inactive field is set to no and adrscode to 'STATE'. When I run this query using smartlist from within GP, I get a count of 823 customers. When I run this in Crystal, I only get 251 customers returned. Any ideas? In Crystal, are you restricting on RM00101.dbo.INACTIVE with the value "No"? If so, that should be 0 (0 = Active, 1 = Inactive). Y...

Copy a Publisher Document Page
is it posable to copy a complete page from a publisher document to another publisher document. ?????? -- Tomk Sure, select all, copy, paste... If you have an older version of Publisher you can open two instances of the program at one time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tomk" <Tomk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FC39737-0E5C-4457-AC28-F2AA511770DA@microsoft.com... > is it posable to copy a complete page from a publisher document to another > publisher document. ?????? &g...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

Copy and Insert Row
Hi, The excel vba code does not generate the correct result and incomplete as I've no idea on how to rectify the codes to achieve the intended results Below is the extract of vba codes : - =A0 Dim C As Range =A0 Dim X As Long =A0 Dim LastRowX As Long =A0 Dim LastRowY As Long =A0 Dim CellsToColor() As String =A0 LastRowX =3D Worksheets("Wrksheet X").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End (xlUp).Row =A0 LastRowY =3D Worksheets("Wrksheet Y").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End (xlUp).Row =A0 With Worksheets("Wrksheet X") =A0 =A0 ReDim CellsToC...

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet
Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in Column G. Example: G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill column F to do this automatically. Thank you! Heather =indirect("A" & G1) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "HeatherJ" wrote: > Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want > Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in > Column G. >...

Copying forms
I would like to create a tracking spreadsheet that uses forms (pulldowns and checkboxes) as the input method and add rows as new "items" are added, but the forms are not behaving as I would expect. By example: If I put a checkbox over cell A1 and link it to A1, then life is good. But now I want to drag A1 down to A2 and have the same behavior. If I drag A1 down to A2 (or if I copy A1 to A2 using any and all copy methods) the checkbox form shows up in the correct place (over A2) but it is still linked to A1!! Thus I have two forms linked to A1, which is not very useful. ...

Copying vertical and horizontal ranges of cells
Will excel allow me to copy a range of vertical cells on one workboo page to a horizontal range on another page? If so, how? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Checkman............, yes, look up TRANSPOSE in HELP, when you paste there is a transpose option on the dialog. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Checkman >" <<Checkman.17uzi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

Protecting sheets
Can I protect a sheet from format changes, but still be able to change cell color? I am using Excel 2000. TV Cell color is a format. Conditional formatting will work on any cells you have set to be "unlocked" even when the sheet is protected. Otherwise you would need to use VBA to unprotect the sheet, make the color change then re-protect. Do you want to go this route? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:39:04 -0800, "TV" <TV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I protect a sheet from format changes, but still be able to change cell >color? ...

copying worksheets to mane one document.
Hi, I am trying to organize a manual for the company I work for. I have tried copying one worksheet into another but it doesnt copy it in the format that it was, the cells size changes and is a mess to try to fix them. Let me explain better... the manual has several chapters and each chapter has several pages.... these pages were saved one by one, so what i want to do is create an excel document where a tab is a chapter. so in each tab/chapter will be several pages but I want to copy these pages with the same appearance and I cant!! Can someone help me??? Hi Look at "Past spe...

help with Xl time sheet
I am creating a time sheet. I am wondering if there is a short cut to enter the staffs time. Right now I copy and paste the time in but was hopeing there is a better way. here what I am working with part time who work 4 days in a row full time who work 5 days in a row I have early afternoon and late shifts My work week is 6 days. Colume "B" is mon "C" is tues... "G" is Sat. can I make 6 short cut keys to fit all my needs? I was thinking something like type f1 in colum "C" it would enter in 5 days of early shift(tuesday colume "C" to sat colum...

Excel: Can't save changes to print number of copies setting
I inherited an Excel workbook that has the number of copies to print set to 10. I change it to 1, then save the file, but it always reverts back to ten. ...

Copying animations from one email to another
At work, I used LOTUS NOTES. This lady and I exchange these little animated figures, icons, etc. I emailed them home and have them saved. I can see them in FULL COLOR AND ANIMATED in the original email they are stored in; however, when I try and cut and paste them into NEW messages (as I did all the time with LOTUS NOTES), I either get a RED X in a Box or something that looks like a CLIPBOARD. When I tried a test and sent a messag to myself, the animated characters were not there. Is there something I'm doing wrong? One exception: someone sent me an email this morning and when ...

Is there a Cheat Sheet for Access Requirements Available?
Hi, Is there some type of cheat sheet available that gives the various combination of permissions needed on CreateFile vs Object Permissions for various things. In other words, can an app using CreateFile open a device using GENERIC_READ and still send DeviceIoControl commands to it? In order for a CreateFile to use GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE what are the object permission requirements (allow write access/read access/ control/ etc..). ?? TIA!! Hi David, AFAIK there is no such sheet, but good sources are always these documents: [CreateFile Function] http://ms...

Move data and configuration from one CRM installation to another
Hi! We have set up a testserver to make a pre-configuration and getting to know the procedures. The testteam are so happy with it so the continues to configure it with more real data. Is it possible to move this complete setup and configuration made on this server with CRM 3.0 and move it to another one running CRM 3.0 and delete the first instance on sever one? Or do we have to setup and type in all information again? Sincerely Not sure if you can do that but you can export all of the customizations and workflow and import them into the new build. "Ulf" wrote: > Hi! &...

Multiple IF Statements #2
Hi guys, Another problem for you. I am doing some work and requires multiple IF statements to be used. I know how to write a statement if all cells have a common factor, for example: Code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- =IF(OR(E11="Error",E15="Error",E23="Error",E29="Error",E44="Error",E48="Error"),"Check N/a Boxes",(D57/A57)) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But how do I write it to display different results. For example, ...

Copy/Paste Functions
I use 2 computers (1 running Vista SP2, the other running XP SP3) from home to remotely connect to my work server. I use a Citrix Presentation Server Client to accomplish this. Once connected, I run several programs including MS Office 2003. The XP machine is fine, but the Vista machine gives me fits. The main problem is that I cannot copy/paste on the Vista machine from the Citrix server app I am using to Word-within-Citrix. No matter how many times I press Print Screen, it acts as it there is nothing available to paste and the Paste function on the Edit menu is grayed out. In fact, I...

Copying Every Other Column
In Excel 2007, I have a spreadsheet with 14302 columns and I would like to copy everyother column without having to select them one-by-one... Any help would be greatly appreciated. TFTH, That's a job for VBA. Ask the nice folks down the hallway in the Excel 2007 for PC forum how to do that. This is the Excel for Macintosh group... Come to think of it, Mark Grimes has a solution here: http://www.peculiarities.com/code/excel.html Cheers On 24/05/10 12:37 PM, in article 24BC4CC1-80C8-47BD-8D98-7FE56E634EB0@microsoft.com, "tom" <tom@discussions.micro...