if statement #8

I am having trouble with a function. I am importing data from Filemaker
that
contains one column with a date for each day of the year (column B). A
second column, which may or may not contain data  will be a number
value "MBW" (Column C". In column A, (hidden) I have a formula that
returns the month of the date column "month_num".

On another sheet I have a monthly table. What I want is an average of
the data in "MBW" for each month.

=IF(month_num=1,AVERAGE(MBW),"") should give me the January average for
"MBW", but instead returns the average for all of "MBW" (for the data
currently imported).

Any help appreciated...

Al

0
al.rainey (10)
10/25/2005 7:16:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Al,

Try

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP

<al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble with a function. I am importing data from Filemaker
> that
> contains one column with a date for each day of the year (column B). A
> second column, which may or may not contain data  will be a number
> value "MBW" (Column C". In column A, (hidden) I have a formula that
> returns the month of the date column "month_num".
>
> On another sheet I have a monthly table. What I want is an average of
> the data in "MBW" for each month.
>
> =IF(month_num=1,AVERAGE(MBW),"") should give me the January average for
> "MBW", but instead returns the average for all of "MBW" (for the data
> currently imported).
>
> Any help appreciated...
>
> Al

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/25/2005 7:40:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. Works!

0
al.rainey (10)
10/25/2005 7:48:15 PM
Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
no records for a given month?

0
al.rainey (10)
10/25/2005 8:34:29 PM
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100))),"",AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100)
))

--

> Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> no records for a given month?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/25/2005 11:11:18 PM
BTW,

How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider was?
--
Regards,

RD

<al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> no records for a given month?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/26/2005 1:44:06 AM
RD,

Do you want one to try yourself?

--

HTH

RP

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> BTW,
>
> How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider was?
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

-
-

> <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> > no records for a given month?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/26/2005 10:51:13 AM
Thanks Bob, but already got an account a couple of weeks ago through my cell
phone number.
Seems its "open enrollment" through that form of registration.

Just wondered how others were evaluating the *actual* mail usage.

I'm cheating a little, and using it as a web "virtual drive".
It's great for accessing and transporting data between office and plant and
home.
And with free 2�  gig capacity, it's better and more convenient then my old
zips.
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
RD,

Do you want one to try yourself?

--

HTH

RP

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> BTW,
>
> How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider was?
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

-
-

> <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> > no records for a given month?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/26/2005 3:01:02 PM
Cheating? That's mainly what I use my (3) account for!

Bob

> Thanks Bob, but already got an account a couple of weeks ago through my
cell
> phone number.
> Seems its "open enrollment" through that form of registration.
>
> Just wondered how others were evaluating the *actual* mail usage.
>
> I'm cheating a little, and using it as a web "virtual drive".
> It's great for accessing and transporting data between office and plant
and
> home.
> And with free 2�  gig capacity, it's better and more convenient then my
old
> zips.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> -------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> -------------------
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> RD,
>
> Do you want one to try yourself?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > BTW,
> >
> > How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider
was?
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

> -
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

> -
> >
> > <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there
are
> > > no records for a given month?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/26/2005 3:26:36 PM
Are you also using the gmail drive shell from viksoe, so that the gmail
drive automatically shows up in your Windows Explorer?
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

Cheating? That's mainly what I use my (3) account for!

Bob

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bob, but already got an account a couple of weeks ago through my
cell
> phone number.
> Seems its "open enrollment" through that form of registration.
>
> Just wondered how others were evaluating the *actual* mail usage.
>
> I'm cheating a little, and using it as a web "virtual drive".
> It's great for accessing and transporting data between office and plant
and
> home.
> And with free 2�  gig capacity, it's better and more convenient then my
old
> zips.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> -------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> -------------------
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> RD,
>
> Do you want one to try yourself?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > BTW,
> >
> > How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider
was?
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

> -
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

> -
> >
> > <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there
are
> > > no records for a given month?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/26/2005 3:43:07 PM
Yes I use that also.

--

> Are you also using the gmail drive shell from viksoe, so that the gmail
> drive automatically shows up in your Windows Explorer?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> -------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> -------------------
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Cheating? That's mainly what I use my (3) account for!
>
> Bob
>

> "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bob, but already got an account a couple of weeks ago through my
> cell
> > phone number.
> > Seems its "open enrollment" through that form of registration.
> >
> > Just wondered how others were evaluating the *actual* mail usage.
> >
> > I'm cheating a little, and using it as a web "virtual drive".
> > It's great for accessing and transporting data between office and plant
> and
> > home.
> > And with free 2�  gig capacity, it's better and more convenient then my
> old
> > zips.
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

> > -------------------
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !

> > -------------------
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > RD,
> >
> > Do you want one to try yourself?
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > > BTW,
> > >
> > > How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider
> was?
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > RD

> > -
> > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit
> !

> > -
> > >
> > > <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/26/2005 4:09:15 PM
Well, at this rate, it appears that Google will end up being to the Web,
what Redmond is to the PC !

They learned well from Mr. Gates ... give it away ... at the outset ... and
then you'll eventually own it all ! ! !
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
Yes I use that also.

--

HTH

RP

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Are you also using the gmail drive shell from viksoe, so that the gmail
> drive automatically shows up in your Windows Explorer?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> -------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> -------------------
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Cheating? That's mainly what I use my (3) account for!
>
> Bob
>

> "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bob, but already got an account a couple of weeks ago through my
> cell
> > phone number.
> > Seems its "open enrollment" through that form of registration.
> >
> > Just wondered how others were evaluating the *actual* mail usage.
> >
> > I'm cheating a little, and using it as a web "virtual drive".
> > It's great for accessing and transporting data between office and plant
> and
> > home.
> > And with free 2�  gig capacity, it's better and more convenient then my
> old
> > zips.
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

> > -------------------
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !

> > -------------------
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > RD,
> >
> > Do you want one to try yourself?
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > > BTW,
> > >
> > > How do you rate gmail as compared to whatever your last mail provider
> was?
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > RD

> > -
> > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit
> !

> > -
> > >
> > > <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/26/2005 4:41:23 PM
Thanks for the reply  Bob. I haven't had a chance to try it out until
this morning. It works fine with one exception. The average is not
accurate if I have any cells that are blank.
 Col A

Using =average(a2:a4), the average is 150, of course. When I use the
array formula you suggest, it returns 100.

Can I get around this?

Thanks,

Al

0
al.rainey (10)
10/29/2005 1:38:06 PM
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100))),"",AVERAGE(IF((A1:A100=1)*(C1:C1
00<>""),C1:C100)))

still an array formula

--

> Thanks for the reply  Bob. I haven't had a chance to try it out until
> this morning. It works fine with one exception. The average is not
> accurate if I have any cells that are blank.
>  Col A
>   100
>
>   200
>
> Using =average(a2:a4), the average is 150, of course. When I use the
> array formula you suggest, it returns 100.
>
> Can I get around this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/29/2005 1:47:08 PM
Thank you!

0
al.rainey (10)
10/29/2005 1:50:11 PM
=if(iserror(c6),0,if(c6=0,0,d6/c6*e6)) will place a "0" how many cells can
excel use in th first formuls (iserror(c6) is there a way to have three cells
in first aug. does not seem to accept three. Any ideas anyone?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100))),"",AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=1,C1:C100)
> ))
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> <al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> > no records for a given month?

0
Curt (33)
11/12/2005 2:02:03 AM
do you have excel book there error trapping formulas in there
=if(iserror(c6),0,if( This will put 0 in

"al.rainey@gmail.com" wrote:

> Now I am wondering how to not display the #DIV/0 message when there are
> no records for a given month?

0
Curt (33)

Junk mail #8
I am using outlook express and receiving a ton of junk mail. I am told that if I use outlook 2003 I can avoid most of this junk. I am running MS XP professional but do not know how to access outlook 2003 if it is on my computer, any help appreciated. Bob You need to buy Outlook 2003 in a Microsoft Office 2003 package (Basic Edition is cheapest). Outlook 2003 does not automatically come with any version of Windows. "Bob" wrote: > I am using outlook express and receiving a ton of junk > mail. I am told that if I use outlook 2003 I can avoid > most of this junk. I a...

excel problem #8
i have a weird problem where the first time i open the excel program it minimizes again, back down to the start bar. i can maximize it again and everything runs fine, but this happens the first time i open it up every time. obviously not a huge problem, but it would be nice to know how to get it to stop doing it. grab the borders and drag to the top and sides as desired>close excel>re-open -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "sally g" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37301c422ff$a550b030$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > i...

Using OR in IIF statement
Hi I want to use OR in IIF statement as a condition in the query 'Quarterly' OR IIf([Sampler_loc].[monthID]=Month([tblnewone].[BDate]) AND WeekOfMonth2([tblnewone].[BDate])=1, 'monthly' OR 'Fortnightly','Weekly'))) But it gives me error at 'monthly' or 'Fortnightly' Actually I need 'quarterly' or 'monthly' or 'fortnightly' for same month and week 1 and 'quarterly' or 'weekly' for remaining weeks and same month. Can some provide solution to this. thanks Put ( ) around 'monthly' OR 'Fort...

=?Utf-8?B?5YaN5rGC6auY5omL5oyH54K56L+35rSl77ya5aaC5L2V5o6S5bqP77yf?=
我有一张全班成绩表,但选中成绩列时单击排序,其他的列(比如:学号、姓名等)不动,会造成整个工作表的张冠李戴。如果全选各列,将活动单元格放在成绩列上再排序,则有时不易操作。如何解决,敬请高手不吝赐教! ...

pls tell me how to convert UTF-8 to ASCII? thanks :)
Try: int WideCharToMultiByte( UINT CodePage, // code page DWORD dwFlags, // performance and mapping flags LPCWSTR lpWideCharStr, // wide-character string int cchWideChar, // number of chars in string. LPSTR lpMultiByteStr, // buffer for new string int cbMultiByte, // size of buffer LPCSTR lpDefaultChar, // default for unmappable chars LPBOOL lpUsedDefaultChar // set when default char used ); For CodePage use CP_UTF8. joe On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:53:45 GMT, Andy Tang <Andy_Tang2k@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote: ...

Money 2004 no longer importing downloaded statements
Over the course of the last few weeks my copy of Money 2004 Deluxe has started having issues with statements I have downloaded to it from my bank's webpages. First it would take several minutes for Money to complete the import of the statements. Finally it just stopped importing the statements all together. The statements aren't very large (approx 4 to 8 new transactions for each statement). Currently I'm manually entering and clearing each transaction, but it's only a matter of time before I mistype something and the balances start to drift. ...

Return Excel IF statement to a different worksheet?
How do i return to results of an Excel IF statement to a different worksheet Hi You can only return results into the cell in which the formula is. In order to do what you want, you'll need to put the IF formula into the cell in which you want to return the result. Andy. "addme99" <addme99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B30E9F6-22EA-4C49-9075-9EF7FD370122@microsoft.com... > How do i return to results of an Excel IF statement to a different > worksheet ...

email customer statement sending
Hi, This may be a silly question but I have a client who is trying to print customer statements in receivables management for a range of customers. Since screen outputs will print out for a range of customers and i send these to e-mail customers, i just wanted to verify if this will send only information related to individual customers and not the whole stack of customer statements. For example, if i print a range of customers from customers A to D,decide to print the customer statements to the screen as well as send it to all email customers (Customers A through D have email addresses...

Excel Comparing 2 cells in an IF statement
Hi and thank-you to all that go ahead and help me on this subject, The problem(s) im having are, 1. An IF statement problem, im tyring to compare two seperate cell against each other, i.e. is one a greater value than the other and i so display "3" or if equal display "1" and if less than display "0" an the formula i have so far works fine for that, but if i have that sam formula for a set of 2 other seperate cells that are blank, the sam formula makes that display "1" beacause their both blank, both th same, im needing to get the formula to display th...

reducing the number of times an IF statement needs to be calculated in embedded IF statements
Hi, I have a long formula that is getting too long. It has 3 embedded IF statements, with the logical test below having to be calculated each time. (Planning!X14/365.25)+1900-INT((Planning!X14/365.25)+1900) For example, when the logical test solves this to 2004, is there some way to store that "2004" in memory the first time and recall it as "2004" in the formula for the other two logical tests. Otherwise the formula is getting so long, and these three embedded IF are just a portion of a longer formula. In summary, is this possible to, in the middle of a formula, sto...

Stacked Column Chart #8
Hi, XL2003 At work, we allocate a Labour Time for every job we have an order for. I’m using a stacked column chart with 2 columns. The first column shows the total number of hours for all jobs. The second column shows the total number of labour hours available over a given period of weeks. I have found that I can’t use my current chart if the total number of jobs is more than 255. I don’t want to sum the job hours first, because the current chart allows the user to hover the mouse over each graphical segment, which brings up a comment-like box, with the name of the job, and the number o...

Not good with IIF statements
I think I found out where I explained myself wrong. Can someone help. I need an IIF statement for the following... If the field [Current CommTech Level] equals CommTech 1 then in the field [CommTech 1 Promotion Deadline] add 90 days to the field [Date of Last Promotion] and display the result. If not then the field [CommTech 1 Promotion Deadline] is blank. Sorry for any confusion on an earlier post. Thank you -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200803/1 Then just modify ...

backup #8
I was using money 2003 on my old laptop and have bought a new laptop with money 2004. I am trying to import my backup from a floppy. The file on the floppy is called "My Money Backup d1". It won't work. Am I doing something wrong? Every time I closed money I used to back it up to floppy. I couldn't find my old money 2003 disc so I am using 2004 thiking it may be better. Please help -- HM In microsoft.public.money, hayleym wrote: >I was using money 2003 on my old laptop and have bought a new laptop with >money 2004. I am trying to import my backup from a ...

If Statement with Time
I am trying to write IF THEN Statement using time numbers (i.e. 16:00, 13:30, 6:30). It doesn't appear to be working. Here is a sample =IF(AND(E4<17,E4>4),"NP", "P") where E4 is a cell that contains the military time. I keep only getting a value of P returned even when it should be NP. I tried using 17:00 and 4:00 in the statement and got an error -- Court Hi try =IF(AND(E4<17/24,E4>4/24),"NP", "P") or =IF(AND(E4<TIME(17,0),E4>TIME(4,0)),"NP", "P") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Co...

problem balancing e-statement
I downloaded my statment from online..and it downloaded files previous to when I installed money. Now it is showing them accepted and i have no way of reverting to my file previous to download - i didn't back up because i didn't think it would mess up...any ideas on how to restore to previous day or time? ...

Imbedded If Statement maybe If And....
Good Morning, I have a file with over 6,900 rows that originated out of Fox Pro. Th issue is that the unique identifier (Store #) is in a row above th data and the part numbers are in row(s) below the Store #. The amoun of parts differs for each store. Example Row 2- Store 17 Row 3 and 4 contain the parts Store 17 used. Row 5- Store 6001 Row 6,7, & 8 contain the parts Store 6001 used. Basically I want to add the store number to a column that correspond with the part numbers used. In inserted 2 columns (A&B) in A1 there i the text �Store #� In B3 I have a simple if statement =IF...

Money 2007 Deluxe not downloading statement
Hi all, Weird problem. I have been using Money 2007 since Jan 2007 and no problems. I can download my bank statement --- until 12-15-07. On 12-15-07 I went in and selected Connect to Bank to download my statement. It downloaded up to the date of 12-10-07 and then no more. It will finish and say complete, but it will not pull anything from my bank beyond the date of 12-10-07. Today I go in and try again and it pulls my statement starting at 12-20-07. For some reason everything from 12-11-07 to 12-19-07 will not download from my bank into Money. Any ideas ? Thanks, Duke Duke: ...

VBA Command to Look at cell in an If statement
I need to create a macro in VBA that will look at a specific cell (which contains the result of a lookup formula) in an If statement. Basically it would look at a certian cell, and If that cell had the word "YES", then it would execute a seprate macro. If not, just continue on it merry way. I have tried the following and several variations: Sheets("Print Area").Select Range("BO8:BO8").Select If BO8 = YES Then Call PrintBatch What the program has to do is look at the last entry made in a specific column (hence the use of the Lookup formula in the cell) and...

Delete cells with content that don't contain the =?UTF-8?B?wqMgc3ltYm9s?=
I have a very large messy excel file that contains some data I want to isolate. The other data is unneeded and basically in the way. I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol. This way I will be left with just the pricing info I need. All help appreciated On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:46:11 GMT, Gary N <gary.neill@allstate.com> wrote: >I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol. "Be careful what you wish for" This can be done with a VBA Macro: To enter this Macro (Sub), <alt-F11> opens t...

Cannot print all statements
Hi When I try and print all my statements RMS is only printing half. I have two different account types setup and it's only printing off one set. There is no difference in the account type setup and as most of the other messages are that RMS prints all or nothing I suspect that this is not something it's supposed to do. Anyone any advice on why it's doing it. Am on version 1.3 for the record. -- Jenny ...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Change encoding from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1
Hi, I have a .Net Web Service and the encoding of the SOAP Messages is always UTF-8, and I need to change the web service so that it encodes with ISO-8859-1 because it’s the only encoding my web services client supports. I've updated my web.config & machine.config Globalization requestEncoding and requestResponse settings to reflect this but whenever I test this Through the default asmx page the XML header always includes the UTF-8 property, similarly when we test it using one of the web service clients it also returns UTF-8 encoded SOAP Messages. Is there anybody out there t...

New 8.0 Feature: Enter or change back ordered or canceled quantit
According to the enhancements manual: You have the option to enter or change information in the Qty to Back Order and Qty Canceled fields in the Sales Order Fulfillment window by marking one or both of the following options in the Sales Order Setup window, the Sales Invoice Setup window, and the Sales Fulfillment Order/ Invoice Setup window: • Enable Quantity to Back Order in Sales Order Fulfillment • Enable Quantity Canceled in Sales Order Fulfillment I have set these options on the Sales Order Setup window. Where is the Sales Fulfillment Order Setup Window? Where is the Sales Order...

Using system serial when creating a cash receipt using econnect 8.
I’m trying to insert a new unposted Cash receipt through “taRMCashReceiptInsert” class in econnect DLL. It requires the value of the document number of the new cash receipt . on the other hand if I insert a new cash receipt manually through Great Plains there’s a feature called automatic serial so that I don’t need to provide a document number for the new document, it’s generated automatically. For example if the last payment have the doc. Number payment00000001 the new payment will have document number payment00000002. So My question is how can I use the automatic serial feature of t...

Great Plains 8.0 Macro
Hi All, I am trying to learn how to write different Macros in GP. I recently mastered the old "Mail Merge" and I would like to take it one step further. Is it possible to add an "IF, Then..." statement to the macro? Sometimes when changing Standard Pricing a Pop-Up Box Appears and Other Times it doesn't, so I would like the macro to see if it's there and click OK, otherwise, just go on to the next thing. Second, I would like to be able to write the results to a log file. For example, a Part Number goes through add it to the log file with an OK, another ...