IF problems, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello,
I am having trouble with "IF"

I need to be able to say:

IF E4 is 0-550: "start up"; 551-650: "moderate";651-850: "gettin
there"; >850: "got there"

How do I write this as a forumla?

Let Me Know

--
ryangruh
ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try this dude!

=if(and(e4>=0,e4<=550),"start
up",if(and(e4>=551,e4<=650),"moderate",if(e4>=651,e4<=850),"getting
there",if(e4>850),"got there")))

--
Hope it Helps!
Jim

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16037
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274973

=CHOOSE(MATCH(E4,{0,551,651,851,99999999999}),"Start Up","Moderate","Getting
There","Got There")

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"ryangruhn" <ryangruhn.1f5q6n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I am having trouble with "IF"
>
> I need to be able to say:
>
> IF E4 is 0-550: "start up"; 551-650: "moderate";651-850: "getting
> there"; >850: "got there"
>

> How do I write this as a forumla?
>

> Let Me Know!
>

> --
> ryangruhn
> ryangruhn's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16037
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274973

---

ken.wright (2489)

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

Help
I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook (I have Office 2003), I get a reminder that the item is past due. When I click "dismiss" I get a message: "Cannot turn off Reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". How can I get rid of this, so I don't get reminded every time I start Outlook? Thanks for any help. Tom_0127 <tom_0127_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook > (I have Office 2003), I get...

Problems with rules
I have a problem with a rule. When I get email from a certain address it ends up in my designated spam folder. The problem is that this particular email address is not listed in my unwanted email list and no rules are supposed to trigger on the message in question. What could be causing this? ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

amortization Please help :(
I need to produce a loan amortization with the ability to input actual historic payments made or missed (need to add a late fee to missed or late payments) and I also need to vary the interest rate part way through the schedule. I have searched office templates and the only thing that comes close is a template which allows for extra payments (but they have to be same amount and date each month). I am a bit hopeless on the old excel as I have no idea what formulas I would need to even produce such a template. PLEASE HELP!! Can somebody direct me to a site that may offer free software...

I Want to help reduce SPAM!!!
I have a big problem with spam as I get email from what appears to be Microsoft or Microsoft Product suppliers. The email seemed legitimate. At the bottom of the email was an unsubscribe link which I chose to do and now I am receiving that very same email only it looks like I sent it to my self. Is there any way that I can help in stopping this sort of thing from happening? Is there any recourse? In my email address just take out the z's and you will have the right email address. Did you have an antivirus program installed, running, and up-to-date when you clicked the link? If no...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

help 09-20-07
I want to design a cascasding combo box. ive tried to design before, but met much difficulty. The design would allow one to choice a main category-->than a sub category--- > than an Abbreviation---> than a material matching that abbreviation. i have already made five different queries (materials based on the four main categories) and another with the materials linked to the abbreviation. from previous post, i am aware of needed to make more than one combo box. however, somehow all my queries are not linking to a final choice. any help is appreciated thanks la -- Message pos...

Need help
My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD Files to VISIO file...please respond Go to controldrawings.com. I will try to assit you. "Jayne_from_Santa_Monica" wrote: > My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD > Files to VISIO file...please respond > > ...

Help authoring tool
Hi I know it is a bit ‘off topic’ but I couldn't find a board where it would be ‘on topic’ so here I am: Can anyone recommend a help authoring tool? We currently write in C++ using visual studio 2003 and MFC. This is for commercial use so cost is not so much a concern as ease of use and functionality. Thanks in Advance Peter Chapman Hi Peter, A help authoring tool. If by this, you mean a piece of software that will trundle through your source code and produce a help file at the end of the process? Well we use Autoduck. But there are others, I believe Doxygen is another very ...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Problems when Ripping CDs to .mp3
I've started ripping a lot of my CDs to .mp3 format, but keep running into a problem when doing so. I'm currently using Windows XP & Windows Media Player 11. When I insert a CD, the ripping process begins as it should. A folder is created with the Artist name, Album name, Song titles, etc. Somewhere along the way, though, the Media Player and/or OS begins to "redo" things and creates a folder titled "Unknown Artist" along with a bunch of subfolders titled "Unknown Album (5-29-2010 1-46-31 PM). The subfolders all contain certain tracks f...

Conditional Formating Help
I would love your help with a conditional formatting goal. I would like to color a cell if it is part of a formula in another cell. Below is an example: A B C 1 12 13 =B1/A1 I then want A1 and B1 colored blue 2 12 13 =B1 I then want A1 and B1 colored blue 3 ...

Help!!!
Hi all, I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click ente the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right i is ok. But it is not a number yet. Cause of this I can't use thi method. Is there anyone who can tell me how I can solve this problem. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the custom format 000000000 >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click enter >the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right it >...

help with formula #24
$40.50 when S is $795.00 I need help figuring this formula out where am I going wrong? I keep getting the wrong figures. This is the formula: =IF(S118<=25, 0.0525*s118) + IF(AND(s118 >25, S118<=1000), 1.3125 + 0.0275*(S118 -25)) + IF(S118>1000, 28.125 + 0.015*(S118-1000)) Up to $25 will be charged 5.25% , 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance for $25.01 up to $1000, over $1000.01 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 2.75% of the initial $25.00 - $1,000.00 ($26.81), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance (...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Access: Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files
Hi. I created a form in MS Access 2007 Enterprise Edition. I added a chart to it with a query as a record source. Everytime when I open the form, the wizard starts, saying "Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files" and soon the message "Configuring Microsoft Access Enterprise..." follows. It is annoying to see this everytime I try to use the form. Is there any particular reason for such a behaviour of the Access? Regards, Vedran. Hi Vedran, I suspect that some registry setting is not being written if you open the database as a normal user. By chance are y...

Strange problem after migration
After migrating over to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 we are having a strange user poblem with Exchange. I migrated the user accounts over with the ADM tool then installed/migrated exchange over from 5.5. Now when I try to connect to OWA or using Outlook I have to login as: HCS\jhay instead of just jhay. HCS was the old NT4 domain and now my new domain is trillion21. I did the steps listed in Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide and everything went fine with no errors. Another thing is that if I go into AD Users and right click on a user it does not have any Exchange taks e...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...