IF function #5

I am having trouble with this function. Here is the formula i am using
IF(h=1,C9). What is going on is that when h is not equal to 1 i
returns a FALSE reading. Instead of the FALSE statement, i would lik
the original number to stay. I want to keep changing h and have th
readout look something like this:

1	-143
2	-182
3	-198
4	-199
5	-190

but like i said, when i change h to something other than the number i
the formula it gives me the FALSE reading. Can you help. You can emai
be at brett.richard@bakeroiltools. Thank

--
brett409
brett4098's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
you can't have both: The formula and a value in a cell using only
formulas

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"brett4098" <brett4098.1ff8rz@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:brett4098.1ff8rz@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4519
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
11/8/2004 9:34:08 PM
Try, assuming h is a valid reference to a cell or range,    =IF(h=1,C9,r)
where r refers to the original number.

"brett4098" <brett4098.1ff8rz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I am having trouble with this function. Here is the formula i am using
> IF(h=1,C9). What is going on is that when h is not equal to 1 it
> returns a FALSE reading. Instead of the FALSE statement, i would like
> the original number to stay. I want to keep changing h and have the
> readout look something like this:
>

> 1 -143
> 2 -182
> 3 -198
> 4 -199
> 5 -190
>
> but like i said, when i change h to something other than the number in
> the formula it gives me the FALSE reading. Can you help. You can email
> be at brett.richard@bakeroiltools. Thanks
>

> --
> brett4098
> brett4098's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4519
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276403

0
tbenedict (10)

#NAME? Error With User Defined Functions
Excel 2007 I have a problem that has been driving me nuts. I created a code module and have pasted a couple of user defined functions into the module. When I am entering my formula into a cell and I start typing the name of the function, I see that the function is listed in the drop-down list of functions. That tells me that Excel recognizes the function. However, after entering the formula I get a #NAME? error. Here is a link to just one of the user defined functions that I've been trying to use. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#code Other peo...

FRx 6.5 Reports with FRx 6.7 Report Server
Can FRx 6.5 reports work with FRx 6.7 Report Server without being upgraded to FRx 6.7? Any Help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CE4EA95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrew, Thanks for the question about FRx 6.5 and 6.7. I would recommend having your entire FRx environment operating on the same version. When using different versions of FRx in one environment it can create problems. Let us know if you have any questions. David Treleaven Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via you...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

Lost arrow functionality within Excel
How can I reset arrows to move one cell up, down, left, or right when I'm in Excel? I'm a Mac user, using Office for Mac: 2004 Thanks. If it does not move hit your scroll lock button -- grizz "Mitch" wrote: > How can I reset arrows to move one cell up, down, left, or right when I'm in > Excel? > > I'm a Mac user, using Office for Mac: 2004 > > Thanks. ...

Run-time error '5'
Hello, I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or call argument This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I getting it? I would appreciate your help. Thank you, -- Peter Afonin Hi try removing all add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter Afonin wrote: > Hello, > > I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open > Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: > ...

No function definitions in MFC project generated ActiveX control wrapper class
I have a dialog based MFC project created in Visual Studio 2003 environment. I inserted an ActiveX control object into a dialog and tried to created a variable for the control. But I don't see all the interface method definitions in the MFC generated wrapper class, so I cannot call those methods through the variable. I just added a new method to the control. I remembered it worked fine before. Does anyone have any idea why is that? Any help would be much appreciated! ...

Should every procedure/function have an On Error... trap terminated with an On Error GoTo 0?
Having just been caught out by a bug that was being 'hidden' by an On Error Resume Next earlier in the call tree, I'm wondering whether EVERY procedure and function should have an On Error GoTo 0 at the end, so as to restrict error trapping to just that procedure? MM MM wrote: > Having just been caught out by a bug that was being 'hidden' by an > On Error Resume Next earlier in the call tree, I'm wondering whether > EVERY procedure and function should have an On Error GoTo 0 at the > end, so as to restrict error trapping to just that procedure? ...

Writting Function using VBA
Hi I am trying to write a function to return an address but instead I get #VALUE!. Public Function fnd(a, b) fnd = Range(a).Find(b).Address End Function Please help. Thanks. ..Find won't work in UDF's called from the worksheet until xl2002. Depending on the range (a), you could use application.match() through each column. If the range is small, you could just loop through the values in that range, too. nc wrote: > > Hi > > I am trying to write a function to return an address but > instead I get #VALUE!. > > Public Function fnd(a, b) > >...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

Some Ex2k3/5.5 advice please?
We initially had an exchange 5.5 environment with 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the organisation/site. We recently added Exchange 2003 into the organisation. This consists of an Exchange 2003 standard server for the SRS service and a pair of clustered Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers. (We had to have the separate server for SRS because you cannot install the SRS service on a cluster). We have the servers communicating with each other and working OK. Due to the way we are migrating our users, it is likely that it will take around 2 years before all the mailboxes etc. are migrated to Exchange 2003. ...

Exch. 5.5 GAL questions
Ok, I have created three address book views in Exchange 5.5 (Company A, Company B, and Other) and I would like those to be the only address books that users can see. As of this moment, they can see and traverse Global Address List, Company A, Company B, Other, and Recipients. How do I make the GAL and Recipients disappear from the available address books? I read somewhere that by giving the site account search permissions it will make the GAL and Recipients dissappear out of the available address books, however, I have no idea how to edit permissions on the GAL since I can't ...

Outlook 2003 + SurfControl v4.0/Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 problem...
(apologies for the length of this posting) We are part of a multi-site organisation with installations of Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a server at each site. Internet mail is received at 1 central location by SMTP and passed down to the appropriate Exchange site (including mine) via X.400 connector. Anti-spam/anti-virus is handled centrally at the SMTP gateway, however we also have our own anti-spam software (SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange v4.0) installed on our downstream Exchange server for added protection and local rules. Almost all clients access this Exchange server using Outlook 2003....

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Excel super slow on paste function in 2007
When you copy and paste one cell to another I get the circular waiting bar and after 4-5 seconds it pastes. If I'm doing a bunch of cells, it still takes 4-5 seconds per cell and the cells will appear right to left, 1 every 4-5 seconds until it's complete. If I hit ESC, everything copies and pastes right away. This started happening when we converted a 2003 file to 2007. It affects everyone so it's not my PC, it's the document. There are no active add-ons but I recently downloaded an add-in that I got from this discussion board to find hidden links (it's d...

CDialogBar #5
In resource editor I added a CComboBox control to the dialogbar. I created my own class inheriting the CDialogBar. The content of the combo box is defined in the resource file. My intent is to set the text of the combobox to the first entry. The following is the initalization code and I had verified that the program is flowing throught it. LONG cDlgBar::OnInitDialog ( UINT wParam, LONG lParam) { // <-- with these lines. --> BOOL bRet = HandleInitDialog(wParam, lParam); CComboBox* pSubject = (CComboBox*) GetDlgItem (IDC_SUBJECT); pSubject->SetCurSel(1); if (!UpdateData(F...

Automatic Functions in Excel
Hi There I am developing a Time Sheet in Excel for Staff to record times worked on it. I am using the 1904 date system as occasionally a negative total will be displayed. I would like it if someone was on annual leave they would be able to record this by typing in "Annual Leave" or "A/L" or something similar then the total for that day to display as 7:00 (this is in hours). At present the "total" column runs a calculation of the time finished minus the time started. Is this possible? Regards Colin Hi Colin, StartTime in column A, end ti...

is there a baby-sitting function in Exchange
SBS2003 Premium. One user is not very diligent on reading and responding to emails. He is on the road quite a bit and when he gets back he will not remember that one important email that we needed to respond to. Is there a way that I can have other users have his mailbox open as well, so that they can monitor it and make sure things get replied to? There appears to be such functionality in OL2003, but it just doesn't open the mailbox. Plus his password changes every 30 days, as per the administrator settings, how do we deal with that? Thanks in advance, Robert Assign Full Mailbox ...

Exchange 5.5 (2 imc servers)
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on 2 exchange servers in different sites in the same Org. They both have IMC running with a cost of 1 Inbound and Outbound. How can I configure it so that if the IMC on server 1 goes down, that all outbound email will go through server 2? Currently if I stop the IMC on server 1, and a user tries to send an email from site 1 email doesn't go anywhere and just gets lost until I start the service. Both server do see each other and replicate directory information and messages correctly. Thanks, Craig That option isn't available on the IMC or Exchange per...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Exchange 5.5 MTA
I am coexisting with one Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 server. Right now I want to get all SMTP mail to go out through the Exchange 2003. The mail is currently being fowarded over to the 5.5 server and then going through the internet. There are no mailboxes on the 5.5 but do not want to get rid of yet. Thanks "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am coexisting with one Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 >server. Right now I want to get all SMTP mail to go out >through the Exchange 2003. The mail is currently being >fowarded over to th...