I need to write this formula in basic

Hi!

Does anyone know how to write this formula in Basic. I need to make it
work in Openoffice because Excel seems to crash with a list of 20000
people.

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)),"""",VLOOKUP
((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0))

Thanks!!
0
canvas
1/11/2010 6:59:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions
Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768 and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen. Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell me the TWIPS to find that button? I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X 480 etc. http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23HMLEWW2...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

What could keep formulas from recalculating?
I have a workbook that I received from a company with which I do business. On it are several worksheets (tabs). On one sheet, if I go to enter a formula in a cell, it displays it as text instead of calculating a value. For example, if I type =A1+A2 it will display that exact text in the cell as opposed to displaying the sum of cells A1 and A2. On other worksheets in the same workbook, entering formulas seems to work just fine. I have checked in Options, and auto-calc is checked (pressing F9 also has no effect). I can only assume that there is some setting of which I am unaware that is prev...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

R-squared formula
I was just wondering if anybody knows the formula for the r-squared value for a power curve. Excel states that it uses a transformed r-squared value. I am trying to calculate the value by doing the mathematical calculations in the spreadsheet. I have gotten the correct equation that the chart shows, but I can't seem to get the correct r-squared value. The formulas that they give are: R^2 = 1-(SSE/SST) SSE = E(Yi-Yi^)^2 SST = (EYi^2)-(EYi)^2/n E is the best I can get to a sigma in this. Sigma is the sign to sum up all the indicated values. Yi is the original Y values. Yi^ ...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

Excel formula #9
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what I want.: if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? > > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell ...

Increasing Month only in formula
Kindly i need help on below: i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so on by simple dragging. is that possible? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:53:01 -0800, Malla <Malla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Kindly i need help on below: > >i have a formula as "=Jan!G$2" in Cell "A1", i'm looking to have "=Feb!G$2" >in Cell "A2" and "=Mar!G$2" in Cell "A3" and so o...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

bug in Excel 2003; need to install Excel 2002
I have Office 2003, and I found a bug in Excel 2003. The linear regression results using Excel 2003 differs with that of Excel 2002 for some cases. How do I can uninstall Excel 2003 (and install Excel 2002) without affecting the other Office apps (like Word 2003 and Powerpt2003)? Hi Excel 2003 has solved some bugs/errors with statsitical functions. So I would guess the 'new' result are more correct than the old ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Speqter" <Speqter@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:451EE055-7023-4C3B-B816-829BA9FC6E...

How Many Days Since... Formula -Help
Hi, can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet tracking several different Departments in our company and how often they have an accident. I need to track how many days they go without an accident. So if Dept A had their latest accident yesterday. And if someone opens the spreadsheet in 3 days, it should say "4 days w/o an accident for Dept A. I'm sure this can be done, I just have no idea how :roll: Thanks in advance, Scotty Assuming 8/5/2003 is the start date... =TODAY()-"8/8/2003"&" Days w/o an accident for Dept A" Lance >-----Original Message----- &...

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...

Tracking changes to a cell containing formula
I want to track changes to cells because a formula calculates a ne value, not because i changed directly the value of a cell. the excel help indicate the following: Cells that change because a formula calculates a new value---> To fin cells that change due to recalculation, use the tools on the Auditin toolbar. How to do that? The formula auditing toolbar doesn't seem to hav something like that... Thanks for your tim -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at 'Tools - Track changes' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to track ch...

Need help in generating a report.
I have a spreadsheet (Sheet1) that summarizes all of my contracts. Column A contains the name of my clients for whom I do several jobs for. Column B contains the name of the contract. Column C contains a flag to indicate the job has been completed. Column F contains the profit/loss amount for that job. I only have a handful of clients but several contracts with each. On Sheet 2, I would like to have a report that sorts all of my contracts by clients, along with the name, amount each one made or lost, and then have a total for each client. The report should look something similar to this.....

NEED HELP/SQL UPGRADE/PLEASE!
Tried to upgrade to 2.0 last night, and am running into a major difficulty getting SO Admin to talk to SQL Server 2005. My error message is "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Connection open (Connect())" I have been on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support for most of the day (and we have been running the store without a computer, which is no mean feat). Have installed and removed SQL 2005 several times, checked to make sure everything is running and started, that everything that is supposed to be is enabled.....any insights out there? By the way, it would be a goo...

Macro help needed #3
I'm learning macros at the moment and thought I'd venture to write one which I needed myself but I could do with some help, since I spent hours today trying everything that occured to me and searching the internet when I should be studying since I've an exam on macros tomorrow. I import an list of people from the internet by using a web query in excel (labelled provisions) I selected a group using the first letter of the last name and used record macro to copy the selection and paste the values into another worksheet labelled with that letter, eg labelled A. At the end of the m...

TABS formula Is This Possible & How
I have 50 worksheets in work book each Tab has a different date Say Jan.31 & so on. So what i want to do is in cell B2 on each sheet have the Tab name. Is there a formula for this. Because when i change the tab name in future i want cell B2 to follow suit one way =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F259216-B026-4E4D-BB3B-...

Need help with Prepaid deferrals
Our client wants to expense out the prepaid amount over the year. Just like the Revenue/Deferral module does; however the module post everything to the GL so all 13 transaction get posted (the original check and the 12 deferral transactions). They need a way to stop that and behave more like a recurring batch. At the same time the want to be able to see the accout. The account has to have the period setup, the amount apportioned, the last posted transaction date, and the remaining balance left in the account. If anybody can help, please answer. We have tried so many things but n...

Imported Visual Basic Module
I've imported a module into visual basic editor and have saved it, but can't seem to pull up the macros in excel. thanks. You mean they don't show up in a list of Macros? Maybe it is a Class Module or all macros within the module are Private Private Sub hello_macro() MsgBox "hello" End Sub Will not be listed in Tools>Macro>Macros You can access by typing the macroname and "Run" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:02:02 -0800, Pat Adams <PatAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've imported a modul...