I need to have my graph automatically update...

I have a workbook with about 10 different sheets. Each sheet is linked to a
main stats sheet. From there, an average for each stat is calculated. From
the averaged calculation I have created a pie chart.

What I want to do is have the pie chart update everytime I update one of the
10 data pages. Unfortuntately, the program only suggests that I write the new
value in the specific cell that is used in the pie chart, then press "enter."
If I do that, I lose the formula that has it update automatically. Is my
request even possible???!!!!

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

not sure i'm understanding this, you have a pie chart based on a summary
page which is created by formulas from the underlying sheets ... the pie
chart is not based at all on "typed in figures" only calculated one?  if
this is the case it should update automatically ... is workbook calculation
set to automatic (tools / options / calculations)?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Orangepegs" <Orangepegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a workbook with about 10 different sheets. Each sheet is linked to a
> main stats sheet. From there, an average for each stat is calculated. From
> the averaged calculation I have created a pie chart.
>
> What I want to do is have the pie chart update everytime I update one of
> the
> 10 data pages. Unfortuntately, the program only suggests that I write the
> new
> value in the specific cell that is used in the pie chart, then press
> "enter."
> If I do that, I lose the formula that has it update automatically. Is my
> request even possible???!!!!
>
> Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Luke

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Cell right next to colored cells is automatically colored on entering a value
Hello, I recently started to program in VBA for Excel. I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1) on Windows XP. The formatting from all the cells in the workbook and worksheet is General (Right-click on a cell, Format cells, then tab Number, Category-listbox: General) When I put a commandbutton CommandButton1 on the first worksheet of my workbook and I put the following code in the CommandButton1-onclick-event. ------------------- Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim WeekdayNames(0 To 6) As String Dim WeekdayColors(0 To 6) As Long WeekdayNames(0) = "mond...

Outlook quit automatically recording Journal entries
I have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on XP Pro. My Outlook Journal will no longer automatically record the files listed in the "also record files from" in the Journal Options setup window (I can make manual entries). Recording has worked just fine until one day it just stopped - I have double checked the settings against another computer where it is working fine and they are the same...any ides on how to fix this?? Thanks Have you tried detect and repair as well as removing the option and re-enabling it? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

Update Case History automatically after New Service Activity is sa
Hi All, When a technician completes a service activity, a custom field on the form "Current Status" will contain the details of the current status of the case. The "Regarding" field on the Service Activity form already contains the particular case. I want to add the "Service Activity (Current Status)" field contents to the beginning of the "Case (Current Status)" field to allow users to see the current status of each case, with the last entry showing on the top of the form. Any ides would be welcome. Thanks -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Kill...

MSNBC Update for Outlook
I notice that MSNBC has cancelled the personal update for Outlook. Is there another service out there that provides the equivalent functionality? Thanks. -- -- I Shave With Occams Razor http://www.dwacon.com ...

Auto-update column formula
I have a simple formula as follows A B C 1 100 200 2 3 4 5 (4*100)+(5*200) I have a macro that can insert any number of desired columns but i need the formula in column C to update and include the new inserted columns. I would then need to paste this all the way down column C (but only in certain cells). Why not use the formula: =SUMPRODUCT(A$1:B$1,A2:B2) Then, if you insert columns between A and B, the formula will automatically expand? -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helpe...

Do I need to specify WINS IP on the server?
Hi all, For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) Thanks in advance. In news:614C4C0C-C93F-4207-8825-9EA1AD366C6C@microsoft.com, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on > the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) > > Thanks in advance. I would (presuming you actually have a WINS server on your network). Do this for all servers & clients. Thanks for your help. ...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update
Good evening MVPs Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update 10.1.5. It has great news for all Office Users: "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel, and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..." But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge: "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..." I have all the update...

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only
I'm lost with this one. I have a form that opens with the results of a select query between two tables. Actually a sub-query - but that is not the problem, that works fine. The object of the form is for the user to select records from the query that need to be elevated to another team of users to take action on. The form was working, but now I am getting the above error message when I select the "Submit" button on the form. Here is the code: Private Sub SubmitCMRequest_Click() If Len([EntryDatetxt] & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must select a Date...

Check Records After Update
I need to check the records in a subform after someone enters the information (AfterUpdate on the last field I am assuming where the code will be checked). I need to check on the status field (Field could be OUT, IN, RES, CX, adn NS) for RES and the CHECKOUT and CHECKIN Dates. The purpose is to prevent a reservation (RES) from being made with an existing reservation is in place. There can be multiple reservations but there cannot be overlapping reservations. I am thinking my conditions would be to first check status for any existing RES and then check the CHECKIN Date of the ...

Duplicate Detection
Hi, I have duplicate detection enabled on my system checking for unique Book numbers ("Book" being a custom entity). The duplicate detection rule is fairly simple - "Book no." "Unique match". This works just fine when I create a new book - I get the well-known dialogue box, and can chose whether to save or cancel. However, when I try to update a book and change the book number to an existing number, the top list in the dialogue box is empty, and the second isn't there at all! I uploaded a screen shot to http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZDpNEkuWea1e3KooU...

Outlook 2003: marking junk as read automatically?
When I get new email, legit email, it gets put in the Inbox, which then is presented in bold along with the number of new unread messages that are in it. This is fine and dandy, but when I get new junk mail, the junk mail folder also is presented in bold with the number of new messages. I find this highly distracting. I don't want the junk mail automatically erased, I just don't want the junk mail folder to be in bold, as I don't care how many messages there are in it. I only want to open it every few weeks to ensure there's nothing there that shouldn't be there and empty i...

Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up... <ajgb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up... Nope, it's not there yet :-\ Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire It used to be, t...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Needing some input on how to take this db to the next level...
I'm trying to create a time sheet database. I have some of the basics worked out, but would like some input on how to deal with the subform that displays the days in the current pay period. Some how I would like the dropdown to generate payperiods so I don't have to enter every one myself. I'd like the subform to display the 14 days for that pay period. Any input would be appreciated Kelvin here is what I have pretty much so far: http://www.mccsa.com/Temp/TimeAndBilling.zip PS I haven't gone through and fixed tab orders and the like so there is lots of work to polish it...

Prevent "Updated:" Prefix on Changed Meetings
Does anyone know how I can stop the "Updated:" prefix from being added by Outlook 2003 when someone in my office sends me an update to a meeting? AFAIK, you can't remove that designation. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Don asked: | Does anyone know how I can stop the "Updated:" prefix from being | added by Outlook 2003 when someone in my office sends me an update to | a meeting? ...

Share prices not updating
Trying to do my daily "internet update", money updates" and "Banks and brockerages" are both updating OK, but "share prices, etc" has not updated since 3rd April. Are others having this problem? How can I get the updating to work? Many thanks Gerald On 6 Apr, 09:47, coxwall <coxw...@waitrose.com> wrote: > Trying to do my daily "internet update", money updates" and "Banks and > brockerages" are both updating OK, but "share prices, etc" has not > updated since 3rd April. > > Are others having this prob...

Help Needed !!!
I was using the trial version of Money 2005 in the past few weeks. Today I purchased and installed Money 2005 Standard version. After installation, I could not open the previous money file. When I tried to open the file, it prompted that it would convert the file to the new version. However, the conversion failed with message 'can not open the file ... due to either no permission or file is being opened ...' I am using Windows ME on my personal computer. No other application is using the file. The file is not read only either. Anybody would share his / her experience if the same...

Need to escape ]]>
Hi, I have to somehow place this fragment into a CDATA block: ]]> Example: <replace><![CDATA[]]></text>]]></replace> Of course that does not work since the first ]]> will close the CDATA block already. Can I escape it somehow? TIA for any hints! Regards DC DC wrote: > I have to somehow place this fragment into a CDATA block: ]]> > > Example: > > <replace><![CDATA[]]></text>]]></replace> > > Of course that does not work since the first ]]> will close the CDATA You need to break that up into two C...

Click Boxes for each series in a graph
I have a chart with three series over time. Lets say the range is C2:Z5. The time is expressed in row 2 and the series data in rows 3,4,5. I want to be able to turn the series on with click boxes. I have the graph set up on a worksheet so that some of the cells of the worksheet are visible. I want to avoid VBA code (for now). So I would like to set up checkboxes on the spreadsheet itself (if possible). I want to be able to click the checkbox for each series. When checkbox is click series is visible when not clicked series not visible. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks. Hi ...

Update data from sql, using ODBC
Hi. (Excel 2007) I am preparing a model to be used by multiple users every week. A part of the model is a list of active project in the company. The project informations comes an sql database. In the model I have a table, which should be updated when the excelmodel is opened. The users do not have access to the sql database. Is there a way to set he table (properties, ... ) with the password stored in the model e.g. the users do not have to know and enter the password. Med venlig hilsen Peter ...

IMF V2 /// Auto Update (Microsoft Update) does'nt work
on a E2K3 std US SP2 FE srv, IMF V2 auto update (Microsoft Update) does'nt work. I have 2 Front-End E2K3 load-balanced servers. On the 2nd node, the IMF auto update works fine but on the first node, nothing happens. best practices from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907747#XSLTH3166121123120121120120 have been applied on the 2 nodes: How to enable updates After you enable the Intelligent Message Filter in Exchange System Manager, to enable Intelligent Message Filter updates, you must create the ContentFilterState registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click Start,...

Combo No Change and After Update Event
I have a combo box where the After Update event of the combo box is used to reset another control on the form to Null. Sometimes a user will want to reconsider his/her choice in the combo box and make a different selection from what was there before. This is OK as it triggers the resetting of the other control to Null. My problem is - sometimes the user will revisit the combo box and explore the other possible selections in the combo but eventually settles back on the original selection with the result that the After Update event is triggered and the other control value is scrubbed, which i...

HELP! Need to Sync Two Copies of Outlook Via Pocket PC.
Hope someone can help. I have a PC in my office, I have a PC at home. Both run Outlook and I MUST be able to Sync the two copies of Outlook daily. I used to use Active Sync by Microsoft until a few months ago, when I began getting the dreaded "Active Sync has encountered a problem on the desktop" error so many here have reported. I have tired EVERTHING to revolve this including reinstalling Outlook, checking for blocked Scripts, etc. EVERY suggestion on Microsoft.com and posted here.. NOTHING resolves it. I have been unable to Sync for three months and Microsoft doesn't seem t...

Update path to Dynamics GP 10 ..
The documentation says we can move from .. 8.00g73 >> 10.0 Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains. We are on .. Great Plains .. 8.00g34 Dexterity .. 8.00m076 Thx a bunch. M. That refers to your GP version. You need to download and apply a service pack prior to upgrading to v10. "Maria" wrote: > The documentation says we can move from .. > 8.00g73 >> 10.0 > > Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains. > > We are on .. > Great Plains .. 8.00g34 > Dexterity .. 8.00m076 > > Thx a bunch. >...