I need some help #2

What I need to be able to do is return a range of data based off of
calculation.  Here is an example of what I nee

Widget   36.27
Gadget   31.27
Sprocket 43.35

Ok, I need to find all product that is 1.3 times higher percent, an
.77 times lower in percent than Widget at 36.27

Basically return all values that are between 36.27*1.3 and 36.27*.7
and equal to 36.2

Can anybody help me do this

Thanks
Ilneva

--
Ilneva
Ilneval's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3116

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at the Data > Filter > AutoFilter feature.......click the arrow
at the top of the % column and set the filter for custom > Greater than AND
Less than.....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ilneval" wrote:

> What I need to be able to do is return a range of data based off of a
> calculation.  Here is an example of what I need
>
> Widget   36.27%
> Gadget   31.27%
> Sprocket 43.35%
>
> Ok, I need to find all product that is 1.3 times higher percent, and
> .77 times lower in percent than Widget at 36.27%
>
> Basically return all values that are between 36.27*1.3 and 36.27*.77
> and equal to 36.27
>
> Can anybody help me do this?
>
> Thanks
> Ilneval
>

> --
> Ilneval
> Ilneval's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31160
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508211

0
CLR (807)
2/3/2006 6:03:34 PM
With your data in A1:B(whatever)
In C2 enter =IF(AND(B2>$B$1*0.77,B2<$B$1*1.3),"X","")
Copy down the column
If B2's value is in range 36.77*.77 and 36.77*1.3 the C2 cell will have an X
Any use?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Ilneval" <Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com...

> What I need to be able to do is return a range of data based off of a
> calculation.  Here is an example of what I need
>
> Widget   36.27%
> Gadget   31.27%
> Sprocket 43.35%
>
> Ok, I need to find all product that is 1.3 times higher percent, and
> 77 times lower in percent than Widget at 36.27%
>
> Basically return all values that are between 36.27*1.3 and 36.27*.77
> and equal to 36.27
>
> Can anybody help me do this?
>
> Thanks
> Ilneval
>

> --
> Ilneval
> Ilneval's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31160
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508211

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/3/2006 6:10:10 PM
I see what you are saying, but I am not able to have it do th
calculation right?

The calculation is probably the single most important par tof m
problem, and believe me, I have been messing with this thing for 2 day
no

--

Bernard Liengme Wrote:
> With your data in A1:B(whatever)
> In C2 enter =IF(AND(B2>$B$1*0.77,B2<$B$1*1.3),"X","")
> Copy down the column
> If B2's value is in range 36.77*.77 and 36.77*1.3 the C2 cell will have
> an X
> Any use?
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>

> "Ilneval" <Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
> in
> message news:Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com...
> >
> > What I need to be able to do is return a range of data based off of
> > calculation.  Here is an example of what I need
> >
> > Widget   36.27%
> > Gadget   31.27%
> > Sprocket 43.35%
> >
> > Ok, I need to find all product that is 1.3 times higher percent, and
> > 77 times lower in percent than Widget at 36.27%
> >
> > Basically return all values that are between 36.27*1.3 and 36.27*.77
> > and equal to 36.27
> >
> > Can anybody help me do this?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ilneval
> >

> > --
> > Ilneval

> > Ilneval's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31160
> > View this thread:

Here is what I have for data Columns A-I contain data.  Column F is
where the percentage number is. and there are 2187 lines of data.

Here is the formula I have entered into column J:
=IF(AND(F2096>$F$22*0.77,F2096<$F$22*1.3),"X","")  Keeping in mind that
this is copied from cell J2096

I looked back through and it does not place an "X" in the column

--
Ilneval
Ilneval's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31160
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508211

I1neval,

Have you tried conditional formatting, changing perhaps to bold or a color
when these conditions are met?

Beege

"Ilneval" <Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Ilneval.22nyzy_1138987800.4056@excelforum-nospam.com...

> What I need to be able to do is return a range of data based off of a
> calculation.  Here is an example of what I need
>
> Widget   36.27%
> Gadget   31.27%
> Sprocket 43.35%
>
> Ok, I need to find all product that is 1.3 times higher percent, and
> 77 times lower in percent than Widget at 36.27%
>
> Basically return all values that are between 36.27*1.3 and 36.27*.77
> and equal to 36.27
>
> Can anybody help me do this?
>
> Thanks
> Ilneval
>

> --
> Ilneval
> Ilneval's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31160
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508211

.ost file help...urgent!!
I have a client who crashed a windows 2000 machine running outlook 2000. She failed to mention that she was using an exchange server 3 years ago and had been running offline on an .ost file since then. She has no idea what the exchange server name or address was, and since she doesn't work there anymore we can't get access. I need to be able to import all her mail from the ost file to a pst file, however, since we had to re-install 2000 and were only able to copy the ost file, I can't get in. It gives me the folloowing message: unable to access the folder, you must log o...

Access 2003- will not work with the new 2.0 sql
Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another version of Access? or is there an Update that I need to make for access 2003? Thanks Brent Try changing either A: your odbc connection, or b the link to the tables again in the access db. Should work fine... Mike "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:eeL%23RmmlHHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do > querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another ...

Publisher and HELP files
I read somewhere recently [can't find it now] that you can create a publication then export it directly as a .chm help file if you have HTML Help Workshop installed on your system. Is this true? No. You can create Help files with a Word file tho but not as a direct export. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "flakjakk" <flakjakk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A54644-A14F-4E26-B974-A05E1DB6DB24@microsoft.com... >I read somewhere recently [can't find it now] that you ...

printing labels #2
Can I print a simple spreadsheet on filing labels? Thanks Bill Merge (Excel - Word) For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Bill" <wjjeannette@meeci.com> wrote in message news:esIQpINIKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can I print a simple spreadsheet...

Excel Budget Spreadsheet and Help Window is blinking
I am using Excel 2007. I have a this problem only with a specific Excel file. Everything blinks about every 2 seconds. It is really annoying. I got the file from the Internet but have saved it locally as both an xls and xlsx formats with the same problem presenting in both versions. I have tried turning off the automatic calculate function but Excel still blinks. Even the Excel Help window blinks. Any thoughts? Post the URL that leads to the site from which you downloaded the Template. We can have a look at it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:23:01...

HELP PLEASE!! Exchange Down!
well smtp seems to be down anyway. actually everything looks ok excpet that no outside mail is coming in. i just removed spammarshall from the system and installed exchange sp1. when i try to telnet on 25 from outside the network i get a blank screen and from inside the network i get the message "could not open the connection to the host on port 25". on port 110 i can get the lovely microsoft message. please help anyone!! i checked the smtp virtual settings and they are set to any available ip and port 25. thanks in advance and please reply here or to kernerm@sec.gov ...

Macro to Combine 2 columns to make one column without merging
I found this macro courtesy of Dave: Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim myRng As Range Dim myArea As Range Dim myRow As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myStr As String Set myRng = Selection Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each myArea In myRng.Areas If myArea.Columns.Count > 1 Then For Each myRow In myArea.Rows myStr = "" For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myStr = myStr & " " & myCell.Text Next myCell myRow.Merge acros...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

Help!Very Unusual Migration Preparation Issue: 5.5 to W3K Exchg Se
Before Migrating our Exchange 5.5 installation to Exchange 2003, we have an some unusual issues: 1. Our domain is "cornerstone" not "cornerstone.com" In AD it looks like this: user@cornerstone 2. Email address is firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com What happens when we pull the mailboxes into AD? Are you migrating domains at the same time or is that process complete? Nue "jhkadmin" <jhkadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91EA582C-6514-4967-AF67-B26C685FFD25@microsoft.com... > Before Migrating our Exchange 5.5 installatio...

Corrupted File #2
Sorry if this is a double post. I think I put the first post in the wrong group. But how do I save data from a corrupted file. Right now the recovered file has like 5% of all the work that I have done. Please help. Thanks ...

Need Count Formula Help
Hello, I'm trying to write a count formula. Column A has just names, many with "New Hire" as a placeholder for upcoming heads added throughout 2005. Column B indicates the hire date --- only the "New Hire" labels will be in the 2005 year. Then I have twelve columns representing the months for 2005. I can't figure out how to write the formula, to appear at the bottom of each month's column, to count the total dates that fall within January 2005, within February 2005, within March 2005, etc. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Corey Nevermin...

Moving mulple columns, guru needed...
Ok, I am not sure if this is possible in excel, but a friend asked me if I could help him with a problem, so here it goes: Ok, Imagine a Excel spreadsheet file (A) with about a dozen columns filled with information, now the majority of the information in (A) is gotten from a different spread sheet (B) created by somebody else in a different state. Now A would have already other existing info from other B transfers from different dates, so A would be added onto and B's are always created new from scratch each day, for that day only. A is basically a running total for every day, and...

Need Report to Show Items that have no associated Supplier
We just ran a Top Suppliers report. Much to our surprise, our third top Supplier was blank. No Name. This No-Name supplier managed to account for 263 items, so we still have a few holes to plug. We have THOUSANDS of SKUS, so a manual search is out of the question. Is there a report out there that will do this? Thanks Bud run this query ****************** SELECT Itemlookupcode,Description FROM Item LEFT JOIN Supplier ON Item.SupplierID=Supplier.ID where Supplier.ID is null ******************* "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B3442-...

Installing Sales For Outlook on SQL Server do I need MSDE
Hi, from what I've seen in previous postings, it appears that even if I have SQL server on my computer, I still need to install MSDE in order to have Sales for Outlook. My questions are: 1- Is it possible to have Sales for Outlook use my SQL server already in place instead of adding MSDE 2- If not, what role does MSDE play that SQL cannot play, in other words, what is the difference between MSDE and SQl thanks in advance Eric You will still need to have MSDE on your PC... If there is a hack I don't know what it is.... MSDE is SQL server, or at least the SQL Server engine. MS...

Bullets #2
How I can use bullets in excel 2000. please suggest. thanks in anticipation. S. Karan -- kumawat_s ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kumawat_s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8699 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380802 You have one response to your post in .excel kumawat_s wrote: > > How I can use bullets in excel 2000. > > please suggest. > > thanks in anticipation. > > S. Karan > > -- > kumawat_s > ------------------------...

Need help modifying a macro
Hi. I have a macro that works off of a master sheet and creates a new worksheet for every block of 25 records. FirstSheetname = ActiveSheet.Name Lastrow = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).End(xlDown).Row For i = 2 To Lastrow Step 25 NewSheetName = Sheets(FirstSheetname). _ Range("C1").Offset(rowoffset:=i - 1, columnoffset:=0) + "-" NewSheetName = NewSheetName + Sheets(FirstSheetname).Range("C25"). _ Offset(rowoffset:=i - 1, columnoffset:=0) Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = NewSheetName Sheets(FirstSheetname).Rows("1:1"...

Help with simple sales data base
Hi need help with a school project for one of my off spring ;) They are writing a simple sales database and have become stuck. Any help would be appreciated. We have an Orders table, Customers table (with a link to orders) and a product table. What we are trying to do is have an orders form where you select a customer (done that), and have a subreport pick out the products you are selling - however I cant figure out how to link products to orders as i may have many lines of products on one order and wish to show totals etc? Any pointers.... On 5 mrt, 21:47, CP <C...@di...

i need to fix my server name
i need to fix my server name i cant replay massage from craiglist "daniel cartagena" <danielitodelavirgen@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cBQZ8UmKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i need to fix my server name i cant replay massage from craiglist It's dangerous to get massages from craigslist!! How do you normally send email, via Yahoo's webmail? If so, see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/settings/settings-10.html As a courtesy to others, please enable your spell checker and use = standard grammar conventions. --=20 Gary Va...

Help re Picture and Fax Viewer
Using Windows XP SP3. Normally I view photos in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I switched to ACDSee as my photo editing program and now all jpg files open in that program, instead of in the Windows Picture Viewer. How can I restore Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as the default jpg file viewer? I looked in all the Help files but could not find the answer. Thank you. -- Walter www.rationality.net - "Walter R." <wr@example.com> wrote in message news:e$9j8gBkKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Windows XP SP3. > > Normally I...

OWA problem #2
Can somebody help with this problem. When using OWA, it does not allow me to reply to emails that I read. When I click reply, it closes out. To reply to emails, I have to copy and paste the address into a new message. How can I fix this problem. Thanks. "Someone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:038c01c3d957 $6f61ac00$a401280a@phx.gbl: > Can somebody help with this problem. When using OWA, it > does not allow me to reply to emails that I read. When I > click reply, it closes out. To reply to emails, I have to > copy and paste the addres...

Formula Too Long #2
I am not sure what you are talking about with creating a name for the link. Could you please define a little more. Thanks. try creating a name for the link >then =Joe*bill > >"Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:0e3901c38f2f$0f8a1b90$a101280a@phx.gbl... >> Is there anyway to expand the amount of characters that a >> formula will allow? I am trying to link 14 different >> spreadsheets to one and I keep getting the formula is too >> long error. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in >> advance. If you are simply addi...

Un-Hide Rows Help!!
HELP! I inherited several workbooks from an x-co worker that left the company lets say under a dark cloud.. In trying to see what is going on in some of the files the rows are locked somehow.. I try to un-hide them, but nothing happens.. I set the permission for me to make modifications to the selected rows and still nothing happens.. The sheet is not protected that I can tell, what am I missing here.. this is XP Pro 2002 Excel. TIA Mepol wrote: > HELP! I inherited several workbooks from an x-co worker that left the > company > lets say under a dark cloud.. > > In trying t...

Need help with multiple queries
I have a table with fields - Annual, Semi Annual and Two year. The user can check appropriate one (Yes/no boxes). (I thought I need a separate table with this info so the database would be normalized) I am trying to create a query that will create a new field and add 1 year to Annual, 6 Months to Semi-annual, and two years to 2 years. I have three tables and queries with the part number data as one table, another table is the last calibration date, the third is the frequency as described above. How and when do I get the fields to calculate. This is the code I was going to use, but d...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

How can I specify more than 2 criteria in AutoFilter
Seems the AutoFilter can have at most 2 criteria. I do have a need to have 3 or more criteria to filter out a column of strings. How can I accomplish this? Thanks! Felix One method is to use an auxillary column for your filtering. You can put a formula into a new colun the would produce either a True or False and then you can autofilter on the true or false for example In cell Z1 =or(A1="A",A1="D",A1="Z") then copy formula down column Z to last row of data. Then autofilter column Z. -- joel ----------------------------------------...