Hyperlinks not active

I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks.   Non
of them show up as hyperlinks.  When I move my mouse over them they dont do
anything.    Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web
addresses, a working hyperlink??

Thanks

CARD

0
carl5618 (16)
5/15/2008 3:04:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With your "dead" hyperlinks in column A, in B1 enter:

=HYPERLINK(A1) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h

"Mr Crowley" wrote:

> I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks.   Non
> of them show up as hyperlinks.  When I move my mouse over them they dont do
> anything.    Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web
> addresses, a working hyperlink??
>

> Thanks
>
> CARD

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Create an email that send info on the case activity to customer
I want to know if there is a way (even if it need code) to send an email to the customer when we resolve a case. This email should contain All the activity and the amout of time spent in it the description of the activity the case total time A brief message. From there we make an invoice and the customer can reference to this email for the description. Any suggestion are welcome ...

Hyperlink to files?
If i have a list of drawing numbers.. such as 2200034567, 2200034568 in a column in excel, with a description of each file in the next column over, and all of those files are located in one folder.. is there a way i can use one general equation to have excel search for that file in the folder and open it if you clicked on the 22 number? Thanks for any help in advance!! i know there are ways to do it.. i just dont have the time to hyperlink 15,000 drawings... Maybe you can just one formula and copy that formula down 15000 rows. Put the folder in a cell (I used A1): Then with the data in ...

Office 2008 & Live Hyperlinks in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi all! We send out zipped files to our folks with all documents, PDFs and files hyperlinked to a main MS Word agenda. In the past, MAC has unzipped and enabled all links. With some of our crew moving to Office 2008 though (and Leopard) they are unable to utilize the hyperlinks as provided. One is running 2008 Office for MAC and another has Parralels. Another party was able to open using iWork and had no Office loaded on their mac. The two computers with 2008 Office and Parallels were unable to utilize their iWork to enable the hyperli...

How do you view an active macro code?
I have a macro code on one of my worksheets, but can't seem to find out how to open it in VBE to edit it. Seems like a simple resolution, but I can't for the life of me get the existing code to display, but I know it's there. Thanks. Alt+F11 then in turn double click the worksheets and 'ThisWorkbook' until you find it -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Scott" wrote: > I have a macro code on one of m...

Removing Items from Active Directory / Exchange
My exchange servers is named EXCHANGE, and in my primary storage group I see 2 mailboxes. The first says Internet Mail Service (EXCHANGE), and the second refers to SMTP (EXCHANGE-{44DDEC50-B05A-4FD3-BE28-8CBC9523AF4D}) What are these used for? The SMTP item always shows as being used, but the Internet Mail Service has not been used since early 2002, can I remove this and will it effect anything. I have seen in places that it was part of 5.5, which we have not used in many years. In ADSI edit I can find it by the following... CN=Configuration,DC=MyCompany,DC=com,CN=Services,CN=Mic...

Active X error after moving from 2000 to 2003
I had a working application under Access 2000 and Win 2000. After upgrading to XP and Access 2003, I get an error message. The title of the window is VERSION, the error message is 'Error 409 - Active X component can't create Object'. Any idea how I diagnose and fix this? What's the ActiveX? Some simply don't work in Access 2003. One thing you could try is deleting the control and readding it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:760080F2-893B-4...

hyperlinks #21
I would like to get the information from a hyperlink to appear in another cell. I have copied a column of hyperlinks into excel. I browse over the links and it gives certain information. I would like to access that info. The exact case is: I have a list of clients that are listed as hyperlinks. When I browse, it gives me the ID of the account executive handling the client. I paste the list into excel. Is there a way to have the AE's number to appear in the next coulumn? John You should be able to do this with VBA. Can you give an example of a hyperlink and what you want to...

Backup already active
Somehow a backup has started on our Information Store and never finished. Every time we try to run a backup with either NTbackup or Legato Networker we get the same message saying the backup is already active. Is there any way to go into the registry and change a key or value that can fix this without having to restart Exchange or reboot the server? Look in the Task Manager for the NTBACKUP.exe process and then kill it. You may need to use KILL.EXE from the resource kit to kill the pid. The command line would be something like "kill 234" if the process ID for NTBackup is...

Can we make an hyperlink to our intranet?
Purpose is to add a field in a case. Hyperlink to our intranet. Is it possible ? Some kind of tool for our customer service. Thank you in adance. Yes you can. You may add an ISV Button in isv.config located in the _Resources in your wwwroot "ArtifactZero" wrote: > Purpose is to add a field in a case. Hyperlink to our intranet. Is it > possible ? Some kind of tool for our customer service. > > Thank you in adance. Hi Georges, You can also read up on this here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm/addingcustommenusandbutto...

vbe command for making excel in the active window on top
i need exactly that !!! the vbe command for making excel in the active window on top.. tx ! pleasee i need the vbe command for making excel the active window on top of each other window ! txxx "pls123" wrote: > > i need exactly that !!! > > the vbe command for making excel in the active window on top.. > > tx ! To allow another program to just take focus doesn't seem very well behaved to me. And I think that this depends on the version of windows or a setting in windows. Some setting/version (I don't recall which) will...

How to close active Workbook without closing other open workbooks?
Not sure how this developed. I have Excel 10(?) from Office XP. I have more than one Workbook opened and then want to close one Workbook and continue working with the other opened workbooks. But I close one Workbook and all the Workbooks close at once. Does anyone know how to separate them from all closing at once? Or, have I unknowingly changed something to my "Book1.xls"/original at some point? If so, how do I correct that? Many thanks! framingham1@hotmail.com If you have tools|options|view tab|windows in taskbar checked, then maybe you assumed that Excel and Word worked simi...

How to Use CRM Web Service to Mark a Service Activity as Billed
I was able to mark a service activity with statecode = 3 and statuscode = 3 using the following code: 'Mark the service activity as billed ServiceActivity.isbilled = New CrmBoolean ServiceActivity.isbilled.Value = True ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate = New CrmDateTime ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate.Value = Now svcCRM.Update(ServiceActivity) However, all closed service activities were NOT marked as billed in the process. So I decided to re-open those closed service activities, mark them as ...

Information From Active Directory
Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 Domain; When changes are made in Active Directory regarding someones title or description. That updated information will not appearin Outlook under global address list and the properties of that user. Original data is there but no updates that are applied. Any help would be apprecited. Thanks, Bubba Using Outlook 2003 in cache mode? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841273 On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:33:07 -0800, "Bubba" <Bubba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 Domain; When changes are made in Active &g...

Sales process without any activities...possible??
Hello, I am wondering about the following issue. We would like to utilize the sales process in order to make use of the pipe line reports and to show the management in what fase the opportunity resides. However, we are not interested in the activities being created by the system automatically. We are just interested in the sales phases. Is there a way to just use the different sales stages only? So no activities, just stages? Any help is appreciated. ps The installation is a professional sales, so we could use either workflow or edit the picklist of the sales stage?? How are you planning ...

Active Directory Backup Setup
my question is this. what good is a backup domain controller anyway. it does not appear to be a real backup. I setup a DC for my domain and then setup an additional DC on the network. when I pull the network cable out of the first DC, nothing is accessible (users, groups, etc) on the second domain controller. the information is only there if the first DC is up and running. Did I setup the second dc incorrectly? I thought the second dc is to be used in case the primary fails. thanks for your insight and perhaps what I'm doing wrong. -- jjj0923 ---------------...

Filtering to view active and shared contacts
We are running MSCRM 3.0. I understand that only one person may own each individual contact. But we have a situation where we have a large number of contacts, and only a very few of them are shared between users. I would like to share those specific contacts, then allow each user to use the view 'My Active Contacts' to see both the contacts they own as well as the few shared contacts. But I don't want the users to pull up the 'All Active Contacts' view because they would then see all the other users' contacts that are not pertinent to them. I don't think I h...

URGENT: Issue with Closed Activities
All, I hope you can help, especially you MVPs. You guys have been an incredible help to me thusfar. In our implementation, which is CRM Pro Suite 1.2, I am having an issue with closed tasks. When a user creates a CRM task it shows up both in the activity list and in the task list in Outlook, as it should, but when they go into CRM and close the task, it remains open in their Outlook task list. Another issue, but one that I know is related to this, is that when a reminder comes up about the task and they click snooze, it doesn't update the task information. Any help. I bet this is someth...

SFO Error when Closing and Activity
I get an "Invalid window handle" error when I try to close an activity through the SFO client. Code: 0x80040102 It happens in both online and offline modes of SFO. web client works just fine though. Any help? Josh ...

which entity/activity instances are available during a workflow
i dont understand which entity/activity instance the check condition would be applied to when we write a workflow rule .. the instance the workflow rule would run on. .. all instances of that type for example account .. all instances of all types. like account,oppurtunity,contact. ...

Hyperlinks colors
The problem is that the hyperlinks in the mails i receive appear white and as a result when the background is white i cannot see them. I have made numerous attempts to fix the problem but it persists. I have tried to "play" with the theme settings in word 2003(as it is my editor for the messages) but nothing changed. I have tried to fix the issue through outlook 2003 various menus and option but again i have managed nothing. Give me a little help please because i really have problem in reading my mails. In Control panel, internet options (or if IE is open, its t...

hyperlinks #45
I know how to hyper link other document in Excel, but how do I make sure all the links work when I transfer all the documents to a CD. The path for each end users CD reader might be different. ...

Hyperlink Problem
Hello All, On Excel 2000 I have a weird problem with a hyperlink to a FTP site. It works for ftp://user:pass@server.com/ but if I narrow a bit down it doesn't! ftp://user:pass@server.com/patches it gives the error "Unable to open ftp://user:pass@server.com/patches. The Internet site reports that the item that you requested could not be found (HTTP/1.0 404)" Hyprlink works on Word and Outlook msg Thanks LM ...

Temporarily disable hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet with a list of hyperlinks to other documents. Is it possible to disable these temporarily? I have am trying to copy the hyperlinks to a table but I keep accidentally triggering them. Ideally I would like to temporarily disable the hyperlinks until I have finished edtiting my document and then re-enable the hyperlinks when I have finished. Any suggestions? Harry See: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.setup/browse_thread/thread/6a7a13d8f53c899b/c833ceeb31d0ff1b?hl=en&lnk=st&q=%22disable+hyperlinks%22+group%3A*Excel#c833ceeb31d0ff1b -- Gary&...

changing hyperlinks
Hello- I was looking to see if there was a way to mass change hyperlinks in excel. We rescently had a server change and a bunch of hyperlinks (rather a TON) were linked to that server name, and now none of them work. Its a lot of work to change each one individually and wondered if there was a way to do a find and replace of sorts to change all of the hyperlinks at once. Any suggestions? Thanks! Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to rea...

Workflow
Hi, I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to my problem. I want to create a rule that on activation of a Quote a task is created with the task due date set to 7 days prior to the quotation expiry date. Cheers Andy. Sorry, there's no supported way to do this in the current version. The closest you are going to get is to use Wait statements in your workflow. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy P" wrote: > Hi, > > I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to > my prob...